Motion For A Re-Vote

Joshua

TNPer
Under the constitution Rhindon Blade and Tresville were ineligible at the time to run for their respective positions. I propose that we hold a new round of voting for WA Delegate and for the CLO position that Rhindon was elected to. I also propose that the new round only be 3 days in length.

This would also allow Tresville and Rhindon Blade to run again.

This sounds like the fairest and most constitutional option, without getting OTT about it.
Thank you Sydia, and I fully agree.

What must we do to put this to a vote in the Regional Assembly? I am a tad rusty.

This sounds like the fairest and most constitutional option, without getting OTT about it.
Thank you Sydia, and I fully agree.

What must we do to put this to a vote in the Regional Assembly? I am a tad rusty.
It's all under my authority, as it was in the last Constitution.

I'm waiting until the court ruling to proceed, and if they punt it back to us, then well we'll deal with it.

No, When situation like War against Gates, the only thing you can think is re-election? What the %$&%$ Do you think?

Well, Gates the god of hyperbole has threatened to unleash his armada against us.

Considering the fate of the LAST armada, I think we can all rest a little easier in our beds.

Can I specify that him and his ally has taken the Delegacy last time and that all the government have been stop because of this. Another Invasion will again disprut this region, no?

Neither the war nor this incident has significantly interrupted the region. I'm sure you could find some reasonably legitimate argument against this motion, but baseless fearmongering isn't it.

Fear!? I call this situation stupidity. You have a elected Delegate with a high majority that has the guts to told the truth about his Illegimate action and has inform the high authority and you want a re-election? It not difficult to understand, no? Is stupid not Fear.

By Critical situation is not war, I am talking about but the fact that this region need to wake up.

The best way to lose time and just to realize that the vote will surely be the same.... :eyebrow: :clap:
Considering how much people will whine and complain if we don't get this done and over with, I frankly think we'll save time in the long run if we just hold elections.

I just realized that if we do hold a re-vote before the 26th of September that Rhindon Blade will not be eligible under the terms of the constitution. He applied on the 26th of August, and the date of his acceptance I am unsure of.

This whole thing is a non-issue, especially since Tresville has been a member of the RA since the RA began years ago.

But I reiterate that there's no point on holding another election if the Court upholds the election because of the sanity I just laid out or calls for some other type of resolution.

Flem:
Considering the fate of the LAST armada, I think we can all rest a little easier in our beds.

:pinch: That was my phrase!! Right, see you in court. :D

Joshua:
Rhindon Blade will not be eligible...

I'm starting to become very fond of this lovely little clause that stands so proudly in our elegant Constitution. Can I hug it? I promise nothing conveniently unfortunate would happen...

In all seriousness, though, I'm not quite sure how this section would bar an invader's path to power. I'm certain that if they did indeed intend to overthrow TNP, doing it legally (i.e. joining the RA, running for elections) would most probably not be their preference. Just a guess. As for rogues, they would more likely than not join the RA and enter elections with good intentions - taking on a darker agenda later on. A 30 day restriction isn't going to prevent that sort of thing.

Perhaps our new government might consider also making a few alterations in this area at a later date...to more effectively target what we're trying to prevent?

Just a suggestion.

Back