The Blackberry Delegate

Tresville

TNPer
After years of being in The North Pacific, Tresville has finally decided to run for the Delegacy!

I'll be clear and to the point....

Problems:
Forum Activity
Government Activity
Regional Security

Solutions:
- First recruiting is key. New members=Activity and I will gather a team to recruit weekly. Rewarding recruiters and keeping stats should help to get them active and show production.

I have already spoken to IndieGirl and still have to talk to DD in order to get their brains cranking out new ideas for the Entertainment section. Fresh threads to have fun in should keep members posting and entertained.

I plan to use the Regional Message Board frequently to get members interested in coming to the forum. Either I will hold contests or put a spotlight on a nation to attract members to the forum....I'll probably try different things weekly. These pictures of Darkesia covered in chocolate may be all I need to get tons of people coming to the forum!! lol

- Anyone who has ever been a Minister under me knows that I reuire them to be active and do their duty. I will continue this. If someone can't do their job I will delegate authority and assign someone else or step in and take care of business personally. All levels of government will be active!!

- Most do not know this but I have been working for months with the current administration on security matters. Either forum, regional or government I have been watching over things in the background.

I plan to shutdown the NPIA and open a more open agency where citizens can participate on security issues.

Regional Security can be maintained via legislation. A few months ago, I gathered a few of the frequent legislators in TNP to discuss these matters and work on proposals. After elections we will put them before the RA for open discussion. I will not get into specifics becuase this must be discussed with the RA in length.

--------------------------------------------

I have been here for a long time and whether you see me or not...I have always been involved in the region one way or another. I believe my loyalty to this region can not be questioned. Anyone who knows me and my history knows that I am no one's puppet, outside influences are never a factor when it comes to myself and TNP, I have years of experience in running a NS government and my technical skills are a plus when it comes to Intel, Graphics and running forums.

So when you go to the voting booth...vote Tresville in order to return this region to its former glory!!!

**Crowd roars**

I may as well voice the one question in my mind.

We are at war, where the delegate is the one key defence in the case of an invasion. we have seen before how a temporarily inattentive delegate can lose us the region.

You have a certain history of suddenly disapearing for long periods. generally without notice. If this were to happen while you were delegate it could be disasterous. What guarantee can you offer that you will remain active throughout your delegacy?

To reply to BW and HC:
These are different times. Your bringing up a time when we were coming out of our greatest civil war and I had to deal with usurpers, turncoats and outsiders using loopholes to threaten our security.

This is something that no one points out about that time. You cannot deny that the region was secure in my hands at the time, that I achieved what I set out to do and that I stuck to my word and proved my enemies wrong when they accused me of being a power monger. I left the government after my tenure as PM and allowed the region to follow its own path without any interference from me. The government was active, so was the forum and I made sure ministers were held accountable for their jobs or I would step in and do it for them or assign someone else.

I will not apaologize for being a strong PM, nor will I apologize for securing the region....no one else who could be trusted was willing to do this at that time. At no time during my tenure did I act without consulting my ministers or speaking to the public. I still do this to this day.

To Flem:
What your mentioning only happend twice and that was due to RL problems. It was serious not anything small. Which I recall discussing with u when I returned for a short time in 07'.

Other than "running" for the PM spot (which I did decline during the campaign) and holding the NPIA director position when I returned the second time I have never left and dissapeared while I was holding an elected position or a position where I was desperatly needed.

Twice in 5 years I wouldn't exactly call that having a history....no offense...Blackshear has that history.

I have been active in NS for 6 months strong....it was only the past few weeks where I had problems getting a consistent connection to get on. That is being rectified. I also have a Blackberry with a data plan and can log into NS or the forum in minutes if pmed, emailed or imed.

I also resigned my positions in TWP and The Meritocracy to dedicate my time here. Unless I get hospitolized or killed I do not foresee me "dissapearing" anytime soon.

My edno count has not dropped below 188 since I returned from retirement and I have been tarting consistently....with permission.

I hope the reassures people.
-------------------

Our image has suffered greatly since I was last active. I aim to correct that in a few different ways.

We will retake our long standing motto of being the largest and greatest region in NS. My goal is to have the highest endocount and keep our nation count as the highest in NS. I don't care if I have to revive my 200+ puppets to do so....I will maintain TNP as the largest feeder.

I have been working on creating a historical sociey to reclaim any history we have lost and preserve it. This will take time but it is a project I plan to work on for the next few months. I hope members participate.

TNP needs a strong active Delegate who knows how to run a government, understands feeder politics, respects TNP's history and can get things done. I believe I can fill those shoes.

Give me the opportunity to return this region to its former stature. I will not let us down!!! I need everyone who truely cares to get into the polls, vote and afterwards get behind me and participate for the sake of the region. We can do this together!!!

*crowd goes wild**
On the invader/defender game. These times have pretty much ended. We are a feede and have to be as neutral as possible in regards to this.

Twice in 5 years I wouldn't exactly call that having a history....no offense...Blackshear has that history.
I haven't run for anything in four years (mostly because of not being able to guarantee a commitment). Bringing up my name in no way allays a legitimate concern.

To reply to BW and HC:
These are different times. Your bringing up a time when we were coming out of our greatest civil war and I had to deal with usurpers, turncoats and outsiders using loopholes to threaten our security.

You mean you had to deal with people who disagreed with you or whose views you opposed. Pull the other one Tres, it has bells on.

Edit: You're right actually. One of your biggest flaws is your inability to delegate, whether out of an inability to trust anyone or because you can't let go of the power is open to debate.

If security is absolutely paramount to you, above liberty and democracy, then may I suggest that you sign up with us in The Pacific, because you evidently don't understand what TNP is about. But, of course, that isn't the case is it? It has nothing to do with "security" anyway. It was about your inability to trust in some cases and your adamant opposal to including people who played the game in a way you dislike, even when you had no legitimate, legal or otherwise, standing for doing so.

To be fair Haor Chall, Blue Wolf was in fact later involved in a plot against the North Pacific's constitutional government.

As for the whole issue with Fulhead Land, I don't know all the facts not having been there.

I haven't run for anything in four years (mostly because of not being able to guarantee a commitment). Bringing up my name in no way allays a legitimate concern.
Didn't mean to offend Blackshear...just referencing the fact that you have had a history of dissapearing.

You mean you had to deal with people who disagreed with you or whose views you opposed.
I am more open minded than you make me out to be. I have always taken the opinions of others into account. Anyone that has dealt with me knows I work by committee and do not just dictate orders.

I strongly disagree with your opinion on my Delegation. I acted when I needed to..promptly and with regard to the repercussions. You really are not aware of the countless discussions I held behind the scenes prior to making decisions. Most of them were voted on anyway...I mainly narrowed the options in order to direct and make sure a decision was reached in time. I really don't see where you got that opinion from. But your welcome to it...especially since from what i can tell your in the minority.

If security is absolutely paramount to you, above liberty and democracy.
Good try.....you omit the fact that some people wave the liberty and democracy flag just to gain power and later are the first to burn and ignore it. Which is my point. I am all for liberty and democracy...but I am smart enough to know when people are just using that as a means to their own end. Which is my point.

because you evidently don't understand what TNP is about. But, of course, that isn't the case is it? It has nothing to do with "security" anyway. It was about your inability to trust in some cases and your adamant opposal to including people who played the game in a way you dislike, even when you had no legitimate, legal or otherwise, standing for doing so.
Come now man. Who are you talking to? I have been more active here than in any other region...for a long time. Please don't talk to me like I am a newbie. I will not talk openly with people that are going to tell me one thing and do another...I will not be fooled by words and include them so they can stab the region in the back...so yes...i guess I am adamant about not being used or being a puppet. Guilty as charged.

In the past I was a staunch defender yes. Hardliner...yes. But that part of the game is pretty dead now. The fact that I have discussed with BW and other invaders on ways stretch that aspect of the game into NS2 should show that I am not the same hardliner I used to be. I also no longer believe that TNP should choose sides as it has in the past. Should we be invader...no. I just don't think it is in our best interest to continue to downplay that aspect. The game has changed...so have I. All for the better. Well...least on my part. lol

Back