Gatesville War

My understanding of influence is the same as yours which is why ideally I want a high enough amount of endorsements so it happens as soon as possible. I understand it will take time, but if most of the rest have about 150 I should be gaining influence faster than some of the other reducing the time slightly. Also by keeping below the level of leading few I have been hoping to juggle it so that I don't cause real problems or end up in a position I don't really want while making significant progress towards my goal. The issue with the 150 limit is you can of course get any number of nations around the same level gaining influence at the same rate and so extending the time it takes. I understand this is a competitive philosophy that isn't appreciated at this time of elections and war, but some of us are competitive in what we do.
Well, I understand what your getting at. But keep in mind that my nation reached truckler after more than 2 years and I had 120 endoes when I CTE (Ceased to Exist). When I revived my nation last april I had that influence level (when i CTE the influence aspect was not a part of the game). I also retained 50 endorsements if I am not mistaken.

So for you to see a significant boost in infleunce u would have to become delegate and remain over 300 endoes for many months. At the moment...since your new and justs started to participate in the region...that is not an option.

But this should make u happy. If I do win the reelection, I aim to end this war, get more than 330 endorsements and that means u can tart to a lil over 200 and hold that for some time. So I guess when that time comes...it is in your best interests to get people to endorse the new elected Delegate!!! lol :lol: :clap:

I am not trying to make you angry and I have no desire to be rude.
I am merely trying to explain that sometimes you risk coming across badly.
I am sure my manners need some work but your tone does sound a little patrician.

I mentioned the map as I assumed I am still to be banned/ expelled from the region.

WTotW

ps- Will try not use odd English phrases.
You do understand that we would rather not boot you?

I mean...u explained your position...you still feel wronged though I believe we are trying our best to correct that and you still seem to want to get booted. Frankly, that is not very diplomatic or friendly. Sounds more like u want to force our hand. Don't know why but....whatever.

How about this...stay..stop tarting and I will make sure your endoes drop below 150? How is that?

But keep in mind that if u start to tart again...the time for explanation and diplomacy would have passed.

I am not trying to make you angry and I have no desire to be rude.
I am merely trying to explain that sometimes you risk coming across badly.
I am sure my manners need some work but your tone does sound a little patrician.

I mentioned the map as I assumed I am still to be banned/ expelled from the region.

WTotW

ps- Will try not use odd English phrases.
You do understand that we would rather not boot you?

I mean...u explained your position...you still feel wronged though I believe we are trying our best to correct that and you still seem to want to get booted. Frankly, that is not very diplomatic or friendly. Sounds more like u want to force our hand. Don't know why but....whatever.

How about this...stay..stop tarting and I will make sure your endoes drop below 150? How is that?

But keep in mind that if u start to tart again...the time for explanation and diplomacy would have passed.
Indeed. As long as you three who showed up do not continue endorsement swapping and allow your endorsement levels to recede to around 145, (and then do not swap beyond around 150 after that happens)* I see no reason to ban you.

Tormin however...

* In the case of Vaticania Prime it's wait for your endorsement level to peak, then allow it to recede to 145, then avoid going over ~150.

What planet are you on? Has all of this diaglogue just failed to enter your consciousness? Are you familiar with King Lear? Why need you 100 knights when 50 will do. Why 50 indeed when 20 would suffice.

I have stated as clearly and frankly as I can that I am not now, have ever been , or plan to be a member of another Region. I have no intention of threatening the delegate, his designated successor or his pet gorilla Gerald for that matter.

I do not intend giving up any of my endorsements just because you have a paranoia fueled war mentality.

I do not intend running as a delegate.

I do not intend starting some civil war.

Can I be any clearer.?

Steady the Buffs (that means calm down) Mr Vatican Chappie.

Have you never watched hostage films either!

The Regime was trying to come to some sort of rapprochement.

No need to be rude

I fear matters are digressing and perhaps we, well me actually, might consider that perfectly reasonable offer with perhaps a couple of clarifying suggestions.

No need to go too far off the piste Mr Vatican.

What planet are you on? Has all of this diaglogue just failed to enter your consciousness? Are you familiar with King Lear? Why need you 100 knights when 50 will do. Why 50 indeed when 20 would suffice.

I have stated as clearly and frankly as I can that I am not now, have ever been , or plan to be a member of another Region. I have no intention of threatening the delegate, his designated successor or his pet gorilla Gerald for that matter.

I do not intend giving up any of my endorsements just because you have a paranoia fueled war mentality.

I do not intend running as a delegate.

I do not intend starting some civil war.

Can I be any clearer.?
I am on the planet Earth. I like it here.

I have read and understood what you have said.

I am familiar with Shakespeare yes.

In my understanding, distrust is the absence of trust.

Experience has shown us that arbitrarily giving trust to those who endorsement swap is... unwise.

Tresville,

I appreciate your offer and I'm happy to accept it in the spirit of co-operation. I can't promise that some of my already given endorsements wont trigger return endorsements in the future but until it's otherwise announced I will not be offering any further endorcements.

Likewise, in the interests of the Region feel free to let me know if there is anything positive I can do in the future to ensure Regional security.

Regards

VP

Sorry Eluvatar but you are again missing the point. Mistrust is when you have reason not to place your trust in them but there is a middle ground which I suggest it may be of value in occupying.

Let's hope we have all gained a little trust from this debate.

I’ll just assume it is offered to me anyway.

How about I keep my present endorsements and take no action till they drop to 145, through natural wastage. Then, and only, then I will do limited endorsing aiming to never go above 150 unless you give the go ahead.
As a sign of our new understanding Tresville & Eluvatar both endorse me again. In return I will promise to post an explanation if I ever go accidentally over 150.

Would that be acceptable?

WTotW

Ps- any chance of a place on the map too, or would that be pushing my luck at this delicate moment?

I’ll just assume it is offered to me anyway.

How about I keep my present endorsements and take no action till they drop to 145, through natural wastage. Then, and only, then I will do limited endorsing aiming to never go above 150 unless you give the go ahead.
As a sign of our new understanding Tresville & Eluvatar both endorse me again.  In return I will promise to post an explanation if I ever go accidentally over 150.

Would that be acceptable?

WTotW

Ps- any chance of a place on the map too, or would that be pushing my luck at this delicate moment?
:tb2: That's exactly what we're looking for!

And of course you can have a spot on the map, Post Here!

EDIT: I was a bit surprised by your motto when I went to endorse you though >_<

1) I'm seeking endorsements as I thought it was part of the game. No mystery I'm just here for the fun of it so no need to panic about Reds under the bed.

This is Nationstates. There are Reds under the bed, squeezed in there with the anarchists, fascists and monarchists. It's like the Rule 34 of politics. If the political system can be imagined, there's someone in this game willing to stage a violent revolution to put it in power.

Yup...works fine. We already know that u will go up in endorsements after your tarting. But we also know that u will lose some daily...after a week they will drop consistently. So, that is fine.

Again...thanks....I appreciate u guys taking the time to discuss things here. U will have my endo again.

In a few weeks u should again be able to tart a lil more...like I pointed out to Byakhee on the first post in this page.

:hello: :console: :hug: :D

Thank you Mr President,

It is so rewarding when these things are resolved so well.
Though I must confess you have certainly made me a lot more interested in your forum.

Though I think you need to check my motto again.

WTotW

ps- Perhaps I should have mentioned I am a pinko, veggie atheist.

Yes a very enthralling debate, heated at times but ultimately very constructive and educational. It's certainly got me more engaged with the forum.

And apologies if I have come over as being a bit abrasive. Contrary to how I run my state I do strongly believe in free speech and democracy so I get a little upperty when I think, rightly or wrongly, that my rights have been threatened.

Onwards and upwards.

Mother Church will remember you in her prays tonight.

No prob!!! Have fun, stick around...let me know if u need any help with anything. Flags (graphic ones), issues or RMB spam.

Since you offered.

Who are Gatesville. I mean I know they are baddies but can you point me to somewhere that I can find out about them? Not to have anything to do with them just to sort of know who we are at war with.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question like "Who was Hitler?"

Vaticania Prime: The Map is an ancient project, started by Thel D'Ran, of making a Map of the nations of the North Pacific (who ask for a spot). Here's the current map:

map.jpg

You can get a spot here!

I find this rather hysterical, actually.

EDIT: Gatesville are a region who are at war with the WA, and want to get lots of delegate votes in order to get the resolutions they want passed or failed. Naturally, they are interested in having the feeder delegate's votes as they are among the largest endos in NS. Gatesville field a very large WA army as well, so they are a threat to feeder regions.

Since you offered.

Who are Gatesville. I mean I know they are baddies but can you point me to somewhere that I can find out about them? Not to have anything to do with them just to sort of know who we are at war with.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question like "Who was Hitler?"
What Krulltopia said.

For example, I believe they currently hold a relationship with the East Pacific's delegate whereby she votes the way they want, and in exchange they protect her from popular revolt.

Glad to see this was all sorted out! Much understanding was gained by all. It's like an afterschool special on politics.

Final message from your friendly loudmouth VP for tonight, honest.

Yes I agree it was a very intersting session especially as it seems to have run over several forums. A good and frank exchange of views which I hope have led to a stronger Region and certainly a greater understanding of whats going on for me.

I think I'll be popping into these debates more often now I have the hang of them.

A genuine thanks to one and all. See you on the morrow.

VP

So, when do we get on to the banjecting?

:shifty:

*Namyeknom celebrates the victory of constructive dialogue, like its 1999.

Back