Security Threat

Heft

TNPer
Not sure if anyone else got this.

Hi,
About seven hours ago, a Gatesville citizen, Random Death of Nation, posted on the Gatesville Regional Message Board requesting Gatesville support for a takeover of TNP. I'm just dropping by to inform you that the matter has been dealt with.

The message that Random Death of Nation posted is as follows:
hello Gatesville :)

I was wondering if it would be of any benefit for Gatesville to take over The North Pacific. my wa nation there only needs about 200 more endorsements. if Gatesville is interested, that would be great. if I became delegate of The North Pacific I could put whatever you guys wanted in the world factbook entry

The telegram that's been sent in response is as follows:
Good evening, Random Death of Nation.

I am Kostemetsia, World Assembly Advocate of Gatesville, and I'd like to speak to you about a matter of some concern.

About seven hours ago, give or take a few minutes, you posted on the Gatesville message board that you would appreciate Gatesville's support in becoming the delegate of the North Pacific by force.

I have therefore been asked to intercede in this matter by my fellow High Councillors, and I say the following:

Gatesville will NOT condone or aid any attempt to take over The North Pacific. If you wish to become delegate of the North Pacific, please go through the official election channels there.

This telegram is not meant to negatively reflect on you as a person, simply to tell you that attempting to take over the North Pacific would be unsupported and rather unwise.

Wishing you a good evening,
Kostemetsia

Anyway, yeah. Have a good day.
Kostemetsia

Anyway, I don't know who his WA nation is in TNP, but once we find him he should probably be banned.

We should take this seriously, but don't start a witchhunt of everyone ~200 endos behind Eluvatar.

I definitely know there are some people who would do this as a joke just to screw with us and Gatesville, so we can't overreact.

We need to examine this, but step softly.

For reference, here are the top thirty:

Code:
+-----------------------+-------------+-----------+--------------------+-------------+
| nation_name           | endorsed_by | endorsing | position_in_region | influence   |
+-----------------------+-------------+-----------+--------------------+-------------+
| zemnaya_svoboda       |         299 |       445 |                590 | Truckler    | 
| great_bights_mum      |         229 |       377 |                 96 | Ambassador  | 
| the_tresville_element |         189 |       326 |                772 | Vassal      | 
| atrigea               |         188 |       315 |               1040 | Minnow      | 
| yaorozu               |         182 |       455 |                333 | Minnow      | 
| tormin                |         159 |       372 |                698 | Minnow      | 
| prisonstate           |         150 |       155 |                526 | Minnow      | 
| former_english_colony |         150 |       331 |               1078 | Ambassador  | 
| groovistan            |         150 |       272 |                  8 | Duckspeaker | 
| black_shear           |         140 |       247 |                825 | Minnow      | 
| novare_res            |         133 |       287 |                828 | Minnow      | 
| rejanio               |         133 |       229 |               1309 | Minnow      | 
| wee_tiddle_on_the_wap |         133 |       214 |                332 | Minnow      | 
| callistra             |         132 |       320 |                760 | Minnow      | 
| mr_sniffles           |         129 |       270 |                119 | Minnow      | 
| whereisthatistan      |         128 |       287 |                250 | Minnow      | 
| frejmark              |         127 |       195 |                 33 | Duckspeaker | 
| ilvsivm_ii            |         124 |       218 |                104 | Truckler    | 
| ermarian              |         122 |       163 |                436 | Vassal      | 
| laibach               |         120 |       126 |                 31 | Truckler    | 
| unterwasserseestaat   |         115 |       169 |                 64 | Envoy       | 
| scrassen              |         114 |       176 |                345 | Minnow      | 
| paxetbonum            |         114 |       153 |                259 | Minnow      | 
| kitabo                |         108 |       159 |                 39 | Envoy       | 
| wombussia             |         106 |       170 |                228 | Minnow      | 
| hogwartica            |         105 |       185 |               1115 | Minnow      | 
| isimud                |         102 |       204 |                265 | Minnow      | 
| shoeless_joe          |          99 |       156 |                197 | Minnow      | 
| the_bhamas            |          95 |       125 |                153 | Minnow      | 
| the_sex_pistols_1977  |          95 |       228 |               2301 | Minnow      | 

The Sex Pistols might be them as they've been actively tarting a bit recently.

IIRC, this is not the first tour by the Sex Pistols. Also, a friend gave me a heads-up to keep an eye on him. Elu, can you check where he has been before he came back here?

All I can find is that he's tarted practically the entire region and that he's been semi active on the Jolt forums since 2003.

Oh, and between tours, he stayed in the region "Windy Mountain".

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:OUUJf...lient=firefox-a

At some point, he also appeared to have been involved in several of the regions making up the Desert Collective.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:vOuZJ...lient=firefox-a
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:xx21q...lient=firefox-a

Oh, and he went to the regions "Anarchy Camp" and "Baja California" at some point. Apparently, he was taking part in "The Desert's" Nationstates "Camel Races" or something.

I sent him a friendly TG. He says he would like to someday be Delegate. (Now where have I heard that before?) I invited him to come to the forum and participate in the government here. If he takes me up on the offer, I would expect him to receive a warm TNP welcome.

No. I meant whack him over the head with teddy bears. :tb1: and bunnies. :bunny:

I have been endotarting to bring up my count, as has Tresville. We are going to ask some other high-influence nations to do the same.

Well, he has been afk for awhile. I have been asking nations to endo him, and have met with limited success.

In other news, the Sex Pistols has moved to Holland.

Don't know why the IMG tag isn't working. I removed it so u can view it.

He also just tarted a bunch....i mean like yesterday! He is up to 198. If I am not mistaken he has received more than one warning from the delegate already.

I am sure, if he even says anything, that he will bring my tarting up. But the Delegate and VD both knew why I did it. I also stopped the minute Elu logged back into his nation.

I have warned him that he has until Thursday to drop his endorsements, or I will boot him.

Either Ejecting or Ejecting & Banning Atrigea from the region would consume a very small amount of your influence. 

Unfortunate that it's not insignificant, but... oh well.

He sent me a copy of his reply to you, Elu. It seems to me that as an RA member, he will have a solid basis for appeal if you ban him. He is 25 below my count, and almost 100 below yours. I don't think he's a threat at the present time.

He sent me a copy of his reply to you, Elu. It seems to me that as an RA member, he will have a solid basis for appeal if you ban him. He is 25 below my count, and almost 100 below yours. I don't think he's a threat at the present time.
If he passes your endo count, then he has broken the law. And I for one will push for his banning.

Back