A thread in search of a topic

Technically, everybody invade. :P Defender just do counter-invasion for the native. :D

BTW, I would love to hear about the progress of the plan that has been outline above.

Well, moving a nations in to endorse your allied to become delegate is categorize as invasion. Regardless of whoever you endorse, native or "invader" people. If I don't "invade" then there will be no liberation and I won't have a job.

Defender is the one who "defense" the native by either aiding them during invasion by other region or invade the region to liberate them from foreign army. Therefore, it can be categorized as counter-invasion.

So shut up, everyone invades. The different is on the timing.

Invasion depends upon whether or not you are on the giving or receiving end. ;D

Well, moving a nations in to endorse your allied to become delegate is categorize as invasion. Regardless of whoever you endorse, native or "invader" people. If I don't "invade" then there will be no liberation and I won't have a job.

Defender is the one who "defense" the native by either aiding them during invasion by other region or invade the region to liberate them from foreign army. Therefore, it can be categorized as counter-invasion.

So shut up, everyone invades. The different is on the timing.
Hey, no need for rudeness. Telling people to shut up is uncalled for.

If you can't be civil, no need to speak at all unless you want to flame <_<.

Not everyone invades. Invaders/Raiders invade, and Defenders defend and liberate. It's that simple.

Invaders take a region away from the natives and defenders help support the native delegate and /or liberate the region away from raider control and restore it into native control. :ADN:

Liberation is counter-invasion in order to restore native control. And you're the one who start the trolling, trying to annoy me by suggesting that I'm wrong but give no additional info to support it.

Liberation is counter-invasion in order to restore native control. And you're the one who start the trolling, trying to annoy me by suggesting that I'm wrong but give no additional info to support it.
I didn't tell anyone to shut up or anything like that, you're the only one trolling period. That was an immediate flame, mine was not. It's your own fault you were annoyed, maybe because of personal bias, I don't know.

Liberation is not a counter invasion. Liberation involves helping the natives restore control, then leaving once the natives have control of their own region. Invasion has those stay in for longer and ignore the fact that the natives should be in charge, not the new occupiers. Liberators recognise the fact that natives should be in charge. It's not really a counter-invasion at all. You can't defend and counter-defend. I don't see how you can invade and counter-invade.

Wow, and like many things in here we go once again off topic. :headbang: :ADN:

Liberation involves helping the natives restore.

By moving in and endorse that particular native, which is also known as invasion.

Invasion has those stay in for longer and ignore the fact that the natives should be in charge, not the new occupiers.

That's imperialist, not invasion.

It's counter-invasion with the purpost to help the native, try to get it.

BTW, where is the Minister of Defence?

I nominate myself for new minister of defense. :P

I have enough experience in both tactics to be able to best serve our needs and protect this region, plus I am definitely active. :D

:lol:

As far as military tactics and game mechanics go, I don't see much difference between invasion and liberation. Except that liberations are usually harder, because the defenders are up against an alert raider instead of a complacent native.

I nominate myself for new minister of defense.

I have enough experience in both tactics to be able to best serve our needs and protect this region, plus I am definitely active.

Can CLO hold minister position? I know it's a joke (Unless I'm mistaken, Khark :P) but I believe they can't, right?

I have enough experience in both tactics to be able to best serve our needs and protect this region, plus I am definitely active.

Can CLO hold minister position? I know it's a joke (Unless I'm mistaken, Khark :P) but I believe they can't, right?
I guess I'll have to do it then. :D

MDH

I see nothing preventing it.

As for seriousness... no comment.

;)

Liberation involves helping the natives restore.

By moving in and endorse that particular native, which is also known as invasion.

Invasion has those stay in for longer and ignore the fact that the natives should be in charge, not the new occupiers.

That's imperialist, not invasion.

It's counter-invasion with the purpost to help the native, try to get it.

BTW, where is the Minister of Defence?
Invaders do not endorse the native. Invaders endorse their own lead and then take over the region. Imperialist or not they are still invaders IMO and Defenders fight that.

I believe as a CLO member he is prohibited from serving in a Minister post so I do not think Khark can serve. I don't know this for a fact though :ADN:

Invaders do not endorse the native. Invaders endorse their own lead and then take over the region. Imperialist or not they are still invaders IMO and Defenders fight that.
Still though, I think it's obvious that raiding is the side of righteousness and truth :P and that perhaps it is a road we should consider. :P

MDH

Khark this is not the Terran Confederation nor is this Kilrathi space :P

MDH, no Invaders are not on the side of righteousness and invading is NOT something we should consider IMHO. TNP was defender and it should be defender ! :ADN:

Khark this is not the Terran Confederation nor is this Kilrathi space :P

MDH, no Invaders are not on the side of righteousness and invading is NOT something we should consider IMHO. TNP was defender and it should be defender ! :ADN:
I'm afraid you won't be able to convince me of that argument. Been a raider for 3 years, you won't turn me into a traitor now. ;)

MDH

I could have this entire Army turned around and active again within two weeks, and not invading- as many of the defenders fear- but actually keeping a vigilant eye on possible threats to the region.

Of course, that's supposed to sorta be the NPIA's job, but considering that it too is controlled by defenders who are more bound to an ideology than a region, I suspect it has the same people running it.

A valid point. The defenders in TNP seem to be more concerned with keeping The North in line with their own views, even at the cost of activity and productivity, rather with fulfilling the needs and interests of The North itself. Very interesting.

Now, if you folks have your doubts, then give me control of one squad or battalion of troops and I can demonstrate that I pose no threat to the stability of the region as a former active invader, but quite the opposite.

After all, I did put an application in for the NPA and it was approved, so if we had an active Minister of Defense, I'd probably have been put in a similar post.

Well, I guess I may have to *gasp* recruit.

Plus I can import some people to help out, but considering they would be of a similar background to myself, I'm sure that would be unacceptable.

How about this- I bring some of my raiderish friends like Blue Wolf in, and some of the defender leaning people like Gov can join to provide a counterbalance to any perceived invader sympathies

Or we can stick to the original principles that laid TNP as defender region and keep it as a defender army.

TNP was a defender region before the coup and it should be a defender region. Being a defender does not decrease activity. :ADN:

Now, if you folks have your doubts, then give me control of one squad or battalion of troops and I can demonstrate that I pose no threat to the stability of the region as a former active invader, but quite the opposite.

After all, I did put an application in for the NPA and it was approved, so if we had an active Minister of Defense, I'd probably have been put in a similar post.

I don't support this and volunteer to be an enemy in this experiment. :D

Anyway, I don't really care whether NPA is defender or invader (Although defenders would be nice :P) as long as we have active forces that it's main purpose is to serve TNP interest, not defenders or invaders.

Back