Missing Dog Head

I suppose I better tell you all a little about myself.

I founded my nation on the 25th of July 2005, and since then I've greatly enjoyed playing NationStates. I think one of the things that makes it such a great game is that there is such a huge number of people and such a huge number of possibilities and even bigger imaginations, and this combination has led to vast numbers of individual regions with their own goals and dreams. Everyone wants a piece of the pie, and it's a fairly big pie.

Anyway, I suppose there is no point making a secret of the fact that I am a raider. I am still an active raider, and in fact I gave up the delegacy of a recently raided region earlier today. However, should you choose to elect me into the government of TNP, this region will take precendence over any of my other endeavours, and it goes without say that if I have a UN nation here, I can't have one elsewhere.

I suppose I could have gone anywhere, done anything, but the first (correctly spelled) recruitment telegram I got was from the Black Hawks. Soon I was raiding and getting involved in all sorts of things. I was soon planning raids and liasing with raiders from other regions such as LWU, the DEN and IA quite frequently. I worked with the World Invaders Alliance and was involved in planning a successful attack on Lazarus. Bear in mind this was in the days before Lazarus got raided every few weeks. If I remember correctly, we were only the third people to take it.

Anyway, I made a couple of attempts at forming my own raider army, to little avail, and all I got from it was a few lasting friends and a couple of regions which I have absorbed into my personal empire. I went on something of a hiatus then, and just got involved in the odd raid now and then. Recently, I have started playing NS again, and have become involved in raiding again, yet I wish to try something which I have never done before, getting involved in a government, and doing peaceful things, such as helping a community which isn't solely based on conquest. I have always believed that you should try everything once, and here I am doing it.

Any questions?

MDH

Heh, it's a funny story. In early July 2005, I frequented a Halo 2 fan forum, and from there I got the link to NS. Anyway, on the 7th of July, a funny story started going around. Apparently, if you changed the date on the Xbox to 2007, and the 7th of July, and the time to 7:07, (I think someone must have done this by accident and had the wrong year on the Xbox), and you went onto one of the maps a sign which normally said something about sharks now said "You finding Ling-Ling's head?"

I did some research into this and basically, in 1993 in China, a dog was kidnapped and after some time the body of the dog and not the head was returned. The owners put up a poster (see below) looking for the dog. Rumour has it that somehow or other the head of the dog was put in a jar with some preserving liquid and it ended up in the Bungie (people who made Halo) offices. Now, I don't know how true any of this is, but that's how I got the name. :D

13262.jpg

MDH

In light of my recent losing the elections for delegacy of this fine region, I'm going to have to stop endotarting in TNP as you told me I should, so I can use my WA in more mischievous exploits. :D

However, do not think you have seen the end of me yet. TNP is still the region that my allegiances lie with, it's just I need my WA elsewhere. I hope to be just as active before of course, and if it's ok with you guys, I plan on running in the next elections in four months time. :D

MDH

In light of my recent losing the elections for delegacy of this fine region, I'm going to have to stop endotarting in TNP as you told me I should, so I can use my WA in more mischievous exploits. :D

However, do not think you have seen the end of me yet. TNP is still the region that my allegiances lie with, it's just I need my WA elsewhere. I hope to be just as active before of course, and if it's ok with you guys, I plan on running in the next elections in four months time. :D

MDH
I'm gonna hold you to that (you not disappearing into inactivity I mean.)

Oh don't worry. :D I, of course will disappear for a few days here and there, but I do hope to stick around on the forums and IRC, and at least maintain my low level of activity. ;)

MDH

Oh I know. ;) What I meant is that for the next few weeks I will have exams and holidays, after that I am free for the rest of my life.

MDH

Why am I getting cold shivers down my back with the thought of you being free for the rest of your life!

Exams are nightmares born of the Karashenu.
Evil things to be fear'd and respected.

We hold in high regard of your battle with these heretic creations of man and machine.

May the battle be swift, and in this case "your Pen be mightier than the sword"

Talos be Praised.

Back