Re-Elect Sniffles for Speaker

Hi! Let me start off by introducing myself, one look at my population count will tell you that I am one of the oldest players in the game still involved in the day-to-day activities of this great region. During my time here, I've served two terms as Minister of Justice and another two terms as Speaker under the old constitution. More recently I was elected as a member of the CLO and tried my best to squeeze out any info from what is now known as the Crimson Order. Since then, I've been serving as Minister of the Interior.

Now to start off with the most important question: why do you want to be Speaker? Well, while it was a great honour to serve under GBM as Minister of the Interior, I've never been quite comfortable as an appointee. The other reason is that Grosse has stated that he will not run, the Schnauzer is someone who I have immense respect for. It will be a great loss that I will do my best to somehow replace. Given that respect, I also have to admit that there has been some backlog.

My record has had one enduring theme and that is: I get things done. I put heart and soul into everything I do and I plan to keep on doing that. During my previous terms as Speaker, every proposal (excluding one) granted continuance by the authour has been brought to a vote. Even when chances were slim to none that they would succeed. To me, your vote is the most important and sacred form of speech an individual has.

Another theme is to bring the government to the people. I feel we truly lose when the law and the government becomes out of touch to the its own citizens. Only when everyone feels they have an equal voice will be succeed as a region. As the Attorney General I created the "Constitution for Dummies" and with the help of my deputy, we created the "Legal Code for Dummies." If elected I hope to continue this by including as much input from others as possible.

As for the mass e-mails I conducted back in the day, I will relent to limiting those. While they work more than they annoy, if elected I will revive the DO NOT MESSAGE list and only update when Constitutional Amendments are the factor.

We have still so much work to do and if elected, I will work as hard as I can to get us across that finish line. As great as the North Pacific is now, the promise of the future is even greater.

I'll be more than happy to answer any additional questions or to dodge your stones or laser guided missiles.

I applaud your commitment to getting things to a vote as speaker.

Here's a question then: Under what circumstances do you see yourself not bringing some proposal to a vote that its author asks you to bring to a vote?

Another: Name one ambiguity with the Monte Ozarka constitution as it stands that you believe should be corrected.

And, third time's the charm: You apparently believe that there should be a quorum in votes on Constitutional Amendments. Is this true?

(Hey, I gotta ask that question somewheres :P )

I applaud your commitment to getting things to a vote as speaker.

Here's a question then: Under what circumstances do you see yourself not bringing some proposal to a vote that its author asks you to bring to a vote?

Another: Name one ambiguity with the Monte Ozarka constitution as it stands that you believe should be corrected.

And, third time's the charm: You apparently believe that there should be a quorum in votes on Constitutional Amendments. Is this true?

(Hey, I gotta ask that question somewheres :P )
The one time I did not bring up a vote when it was asked was Polty's proposal to replace the Constitution with simply: Poltsamaa knows best, or something equally ridiculous. Other than the obvious, I'll defer votes when there are still unanswered questions or glaring loopholes that have yet to be filled. One thing I know is that I absolutely will not rush a vote just because a bunch of tough questions have come to play that the authour doesn't want answered.

One of the ambiguities of the Constitution is what constitutes a "security threat." Without a security council we really are left to only trusting the Delegate to ban when necessary, which has bit us in the ass more than once. The CLO's only question after the fact, we need a stronger more democratic fashion to deal with everyday threats. I personally like an electoral power of expulsion (a referendum to ban nations,) other options include expanding the CLO's role, or even perhaps reviving the security council. This is a vital question and I'm sure I'm not the only one with an answer to this problem. I look forward to working with the Assembly to fixing it.

I think we absolutely need a quorum, I'm sure no one is comfortable with a Constitutional Amendment snuck in with the votes of only five people. I think we do need to face the reality of decreased activity and lower the threshold to 15 nations or a third of all Assemby members, whichever is higher.

How well can you maintain your professionalism and civility as Speaker and keep your personal attitudes in check ? :ADN:

How well can you maintain your professionalism and civility as Speaker and keep your personal attitudes in check ? :ADN:
Well I'm a passionate guy and we deal with very emotional issues, issues that decide the fate of our region but obviously I haven't let it get in the way of my job before nor will I allow it to get in the way in the future.

The new constitution has left a lot of things up to the RA to decide. As speaker, what areas do you believe are priority issues for the RA to address?

The new constitution has left a lot of things up to the RA to decide. As speaker, what areas do you believe are priority issues for the RA to address?
Like I've said before, we need to address how the Delegate can ban those s/he deems as a security threat. Without a security council, we are left with little control over the Delegate until after the fact. I'm sure there's lots of ideas to be floated and I welcome them all to the debate.

Another area is the role of the Vice Delegate, as the natural successor that part is obvious. But the security role the office plays is undefined and could hold great promise in adding to our region's security.

Thank you. Do you see the delegate's broad powers as commander-in-chief of the NPA something the RA should also address?
No, from my experience the the NPA has never strayed too far from the status quo no matter the executive.

However given the Constitutional reboot, we do need to reexamine command structures, mission statements, to feel out what's worked in the past and determine what will in the future.

Back