Zemnaya Svoboda

I, Peter, began playing NationStates in January 2004. As Zemnaya SvobodaI soon moved to Eurasia, where I became Delegate and soon joined Philopolis in setting up a Forum government. The Eurasia community I, Philopolis, Vaduzka, and CUIS (as well as intermittently others) had a small but fun Role-play based community for a while. After losing access to NS at home however, and my ~study block at school, I soon became inactive and CTEd.

EDIT: Forgot month joined NS.

I, Peter, returned to NationStates in spring 2006, as described at my wiki history page. Vaduzkalia/Pragmia had returned to NationStates and joined the Lexicon-- so I followed him there. Again, I focused on Role Play. Eventually however I got pulled in to regional politics, and felt I should serve the region when IP and Cath, the distant (from the RP community) founders declared war on TNP.

EDIT: Date typo.

I then felt it would be great to use as a nation in TNP my old large nation of Zemnaya Svoboda (which incidentally means Earthly Freedom in Russian).

Using my distinct IP at my summer job, I created a Zemnaya Svoboda forum account, and joined the RA. I felt bad about the promise not to break the Constitution, but felt that, well, the dishonesty of the Daimiaena espionage deserved it. (Yeah a poor excuse).

I partly justified myself with the idea that Zemnaya Svoboda really was a completely distinct nation from Eluvatar and the fact that ZS might have sympathies there was not that important. Later my idea that ZS was distinct became more important.

As the war toned down, I began thinking of Zemnaya Svoboda more as a genuine TNP nation.

My conscience was further pained when I, on TGR and Limi's advice that it would be permitted, also joined the RA as Eluvatar, under the nation Eluvataran Isles. For that I am very sorry.

Afterward, I rejoined the RA as Eluvatar, as part of the Taijitu-TNP friendship. I was at the same time betraying some of that trust by staying in the RA with Zemnaya Svoboda.

The votes where I voted with both, I am very sorry. If it helps, I don't think it ever actually affected anything. I also am sorry for holding simultaneous offices as Zemnaya Svoboda and Eluvataran Isles.

In summation, from now on I will use this Zemnaya Svoboda forum account only for roleplay and occasional things specifically related to the nation Zemnaya Svoboda. This account will never again join the Regional Assembly.

A final note, I don't think I said Zemnaya Svoboda was female-- the -a ending happened because Freedom is, in Russian, a feminine noun. When someone (Unterwasserseestaat I think) assumed it, I went with it thinking that would help my cover. I did use the female pronoun at least once as regards to ZS, sorry about that, one could perhaps argue that that referred to Elizaveta Morozova, the President.

*Zemnaya Svoboda waits for the airborne tomatoes.

Nicely played, Elu... er... ZS. :clap:

I have to confess this is not a surprise to me. Peter and I had a long chat during which he told me his ns history. I kept quiet about it until he was ready to share it here.

I'm impressed he could keep up the duality as long as he did. It would've made me dizzy. :spin:

Pfft, that's nothing. I was simultaneously Great Bight, Blackshear and poet laureate Sir John Betjamin.

Hehe, and you denied it when I said ZS was behind an unendorsement campaign?

I knew I was right. ;)
No.

Zemnaya Svoboda did not do unendorsement campaigns until this confict where I conducted one against Lewis and Clark.

Zemnaya Svoboda endoswapped, and asked people to endorse it. It did not ask people to unendorse anyone during the 2006 conflicts.

About Zemnaya Svoboda being untrustworthy though, I suppose you were right.

Hey Elu, remember how many times I wanted to find out your influence and banjection cost for me and LAC, and each time you said something vague about "my WA nation has barely any influence", refusing to divulge it?

Hehehe lol.

Hey Elu, remember how many times I wanted to find out your influence and banjection cost for me and LAC, and each time you said something vague about "my WA nation has barely any influence", refusing to divulge it?

Hehehe lol.
:bat: Sorry about that. I wasn't ready to spill then, because I was worried it would disrupt our efforts.

I am outraged at the lack of public fury at Eluvatar's vicious lies and deception. There should be angry mobs outfitted with torches and pitchforks thirsting for his blood. The civil and forgiving reaction thus far is disgusting beyond all known bounds.

Don't slay him yet, he owes me $5 I lent him for that cheap six-pack of beer and he hasn't paid back yet! :lol:

Back