Nation States 2

Tresville

TNPer
As I am sure u have all heard, NS2 (click me) is on its way. I hope we can discuss it here and perhaps come up with some good ideas to send to Max and crew.

Follow the link above to sign up to receive email and mobile alerts from NS in regards to NS2.

I for one wish they could find a way to make nations more loyal to their region. Regional players could move in unison to defend/invade...their combined military influence could be a factor in taking/defending a region. I think this will convince players to remain loyal to the region they have been active in.

I'm trying to think of ways to improve the War factor in NS2 (though i know didly about the new games mechanics). Perhaps adding a Military Influence to each nation(as I hinted at above)?

In all honesty I'll believe NationStates2 when I see it.

I do see that apparently this is OMAC's first job-- their website was registered the 17th...

I do see that apparently this is OMAC's first job-- their website was registered the 17th...
I found the OMAC website unimpressive. Who are they, three Irishmen who share a computer?

Well, his Maxness was confident enough to TG everyone about it, and I've seen posts from 2 mods on Jolt about it. I know they've been talking about it since before I was born (as least in NS ;) ), but it SOUNDS promising, crappy website notwithstanding.

Very exiting! Although, war? We Sydians are lovers, not fighters. If it's nothing but silly tosspots constantly declaring war on me I'm out.

Good points; Free.
No weirdos nicking my name and pretending to be me (I've had that once already!).

Bad points; Not sure how this war thing is gonna work...

I reserve judgement, for now.

Anyone else think "OMAC Industries" sounds slightly sinister?

I think one of the strengths of NationStates is that it is effectively a blank canvas onto which players paint the game they want. I hope they don't try to consolidate too much of the user created content into NS2.

I for one wish they could find a way to make nations more loyal to their region. Regional players could move in unison to defend/invade...their combined military influence could be a factor in taking/defending a region. I think this will convince players to remain loyal to the region they have been active in.

I'm trying to think of ways to improve the War factor in NS2 (though i know didly about the new games mechanics). Perhaps adding a Military Influence to each nation(as I hinted at above)?
wOOt!

I got wind from the people I bribed to push though your WA appplication ( :lol: ) that we will have competing 'world government' organizations (game and user created) along with war features that will make CN look drab.

At any rate, we need to hang together when we add NS2 to this game. The overlapping qualities will make for interesting play when two 'universes' come into play in one game (because NS2 isn't designed nor intended to be a replacement for NS1)

R

I heard a rumour that the new server is located on the dark side of the moon...

...you know, to avoid overheating.

When NS2 is open to players, I hope to create the NTO ... everyone except pouchies will be welcome to join with me. :)

OMAC Industries was founded by a group of highly experienced online games executives. With successful track records in all aspects of online gaming (including development, infrastructure, community management and commercialization), the company has been established to build a stable of online games properties.

OMAC Industries is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with operations in Los Angeles and Delhi.

I just realized how much this sounds like "we're three CS students from Ireland, California and India who have made a bunch of web applications before". I'm probably wrong, but it'd be funny, right? :P

OMAC Industries was founded by a group of highly experienced online games executives. With successful track records in all aspects of online gaming (including development, infrastructure, community management and commercialization), the company has been established to build a stable of online games properties.

OMAC Industries is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with operations in Los Angeles and Delhi.

I just realized how much this sounds like "we're three CS students from Ireland, California and India who have made a bunch of web applications before". I'm probably wrong, but it'd be funny, right? :P
:rofl:

Too true!

I just got a gander at what NS2 might contain...

It will make CyberNations look like Tic-Tac-Toe. :D

I'm with Elu on this one. For five years NS2 has been a myth only spoken of in jest and shadows. I'll believe it when they finally launch it. :P

But I'm not sure yet if I'm going to play it. It will really depend on what the disparity is between the free-players and pay-players.

However, you can import the three main freedom metrics: personal, economic and political, if you choose.

Oh dear. I guess there'll finally be a use for my Frightening nations then.
With the games so wildly divergent, I'd be kind of pissed if, rather than allowing a free choice of starting values for those freedom metrics, they require you to import them from your existing NS nation.

After all, you already get an (indirect) method of determining your nation's starting values with the Political Compass-like survey. I hope they do this in the new game as well.

---

Romanoffia: Does that mean NS2 will have actual geography, maps and borders? Will it be mapped on the real world or are they drawing up something fictional?

Blog:
I saw this question from Natherion in the comments.

Yes, NS2 certainly will have regions. In fact they’ll play a pretty big part in NS2, but they’ll function a little bit differently from what you’re used to. Taking the place of the NS1 region concept is the Alliance. Players can create Alliances with different purposes and rules. Unlike NS1 regions, a player can be part of several different Alliances at the same time. In NS2, Regions are now like geographical communities that will influence the way you interact with other nations.

Alliances, Regions and even worlds will all be a big part of the new game.

Tilt.

Yay!

Blog:
I saw this question from Natherion in the comments.

Yes, NS2 certainly will have regions. In fact they’ll play a pretty big part in NS2, but they’ll function a little bit differently from what you’re used to. Taking the place of the NS1 region concept is the Alliance. Players can create Alliances with different purposes and rules. Unlike NS1 regions, a player can be part of several different Alliances at the same time. In NS2, Regions are now like geographical communities that will influence the way you interact with other nations.

Alliances, Regions and even worlds will all be a big part of the new game.

Tilt.

Yay!
Essentially the same concept as CN, but with the twist that your nation will be set in a specific geographical location. I tried to get the ModGods over at CN to use geographical location to modify war features, but they never took up the idea.

Just reserved the name 'Sydia' for NS2. Leading proud Sydians into the 21st century! And preventing malcontents stealing my good name (heck, it's happened before!).

Back