netscape navigator is no more

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
After years of struggling, the original web browser for many of us, Netscape Navigator, which was once used by 90% of users on the web, is being killed off. It cannot compete with Internet Explorer and Firefox.

So .... was Netscape YOUR first browser? Why did you stop using it? Or have you no idea what I am talking about?

That brings back memories. I guess my first browser was the POS that AOL used, but it didn't take me long to DL Netscape. But it didn't keep up with IE, and I used it more. The last nail, for me, was when my workplace switched to IE, but by then half the sites didn't work right with NS4 anyway. These days, I use IE at work, and usually FireFox at home.

My first browser would have been the AOL one back in 1998. After I ditched dial-up for cable, I switched to IE. I started using Firefox not too long after if first came out, and I use Firefox at work and home. I find that Firefox can get bogged down rather quickly, but being the first to have chatzilla, third party add-ons and tabbed browsing trumps IE IMHO.

My first browser was AOL. I wasn't aware that Navigator could be used to actually access the Web.
LOL! And IE6/7 is even worse. NEVER update your browser to IE7 if you run XP, Vista or ME.

Yeh, I used to use Netscape the whole time. I now use Firefox. I could probably also say I could count the amount of times I've used IE on my two hands.

MDH

Back