Limitless Events

Sorry, didn't know the CLO forum was for CLO only (hey, my mom swears that I'm smart.) Anyways, the thread your MoJ made in the Cabinet forum is good enough.

See, I didn't even know it existed. Which is interesting since the CLO has full Cabinet access, but the Cabinet has no place to talk without the CLO present.

Seems an administrative double-standard there.

One of the elected members of the CLO had asked for a private forum for the CLO soon after the elections, but it didn't get done until this last week with all the other forum changes that needed to be done. And since the CLO's role is to exercise oversight over the Executive, not the other way around, the request seemed perfectly reasonable.

Lewis and Clsrk:
Clinging to the past ? Yes.

You just stop it.

It it hadn't been for my vote, as Speaker, to enact the proposal, the current Constitutional text would have failed.

Go back and take a frackking look at the vote thread, and you'll see that I changed my vote to yes at the last minute so the proposal would pass the RA.

And if it hadn't been for me, it never would have gotten through the last Cabinet because they were rudderless.

So knock it off.

No, I won't stop speaking my opinion. Isn't free speech a part of what you defend here ?

And you'll note I questioned your change of vote at that time, so I am very well aware of your changed vote.

Time to defuse the crisis!

With kittens.
127889.1.jpg

146324.1.jpg

137087.1.jpg

146354.1.jpg

To make one thing clear however, I will not consider reconcilliation with Insane Power or Cathyy.

I'll pass that on. I'm sure they'll be devestated they're not welcome in a forum they've been IP banned from for over a year

Move on. Who cares what happened before? That was before. It was a more liberal time for hate and war. Now we struggle to play Word Association, so it all becomes a bit pointless

OMG. This is bordering on 'grave-digging' ad nauseum. That is with the exception of cathyy and IP. ;D

Hello all. I'm paying a visit today, and this topic got pointed out to me. Just to make sure things are down straight, I'm going to post my account of how things went even though this case is apparently closed. (And if this topic was closed, my apologies - as an admin, it's not easy to tell.)

On April 1st, 2006, Scardino was placed in a special user mask that had access to the Admin Control Panel (ACP). This was as part of an April Fool's Joke where it was to appear as though LWU had taken over the forum, with Flemingovia and myself as accomplices. Flemingovia mentioned to me that allowing Scardino access to the Admin CP could be dangerous, and I immediately removed said access after being reminded of this. Unfortunately, the warning I should have known to begin with came too late. Scardino took the opportunity to make an unspecified change to his account (which did not have an affect on his access rights), as well as copy the entire text of the member log, which includes IP addresses and emails in an uncensored format. This information was presumably stored at some secure location on the LWU forums, for counter-intelligence usage against any possible spy attempts from the NPA or NPIA.

The list, and this breach of security, went unknown until during the conflict with the Lexicon, where the list was posted in a secure portion of the Lexicon's forum by Limitless Events. The list was quickly screenshotted by Shoeless Joe and sent to myself and Flemingovia. We confirmed, through the use of the more updated member log, that the list had come from the TNP forums. When confronted, the list was immediately removed (deleted) from the Lexicon forums, upon threat of the involvement of InvisionFree. A small amount of further investigation led us to the date and the identity of the person who took the list. When confronted about the situation, Scardino informed us to the original intent of the list and said he had no knowledge that Limitless Events was intending to do with the list. Due to the outdated nature of the list, it had largely fallen into disuse by the LWU, and was largely ignored. Several IP addresses, my own included, had changed several times since the list was taken. However, there were enough that had not changed to pose a security threat. The LWU copy of the list was destroyed thereafter. To our knowledge, no copies of the list currently exist, except for the current one in the Admin CP.

I did not disclose Scardino's involvement in this at the time for a few reasons. Firstly, his crime had been committed over a year ago, and any retribution against him would have been a moot point. Except for the April 1st incident, Scardino had never held any form of security clearance on this forum that would allow him access to confidential information. Limitless Events, on the other hand, had limited access to IP addresses, and expressed an interest in attaining higher office within TNP. Furthermore, Scardino only intended for the list to be used for in-game purposes (counter-espionage, as previously mentioned), did not intend to allow the list to go beyond LWU, and access to that list was only given to a few trusted members. While this certainly does not excuse his crime, and although his trust was clearly somewhat misplaced, his actions after the fact and his intentions were genuine and well-intentioned. To punish him for this act of goodwill would be morally wrong, to my mind.

So, in the end, there are three guilty persons for this incident:
Myself, for permitting the situation to happen in the first place by a gross lack of judgement;
Scardino, for abusing the position granted to him in what was intended to be a joke only; and
Limitless Events, for posting confidential and private information in a clear violation of trust and rules.

Flemingovia, while privy to this situation, is not guilty of anything except possibly not stating all this sooner, my second crime. He made an effort to put a stop to this and did not grant Scardino access as I did. Bear him no ill will over this situation.

While this should have been done ages ago, I fully apologize to any who may have been injured through this incident. I realize that this probably violates any trust that was held for me, and I fully accept that, as it is certainly deserved. At least it is now all out in the open, although it seems you lot figured most of it out yourselves already. For which I again apologize.

Disgusting! What a low down hypocritical traitor that Hersfold is. I shudder in distaste and shiver in......whatever I shiver in. Disgusted and nauseated. Anyway, who is this creep?

Still does not excuse what Scardiino did, still does not excuse the Wolves did by even posting and distributing the information, and it still does not excuse Limi's behavior in compounding the original wrong with his wrongful behavior.

Matty:
So the truth comes out at last.

Well, perhaps not all of the truth, but enough.

Still does not excuse what Scardiino(sic) did, still does not excuse the Wolves did by even posting and distributing the information, and it still does not excuse Limi's behavior in compounding the original wrong with his wrongful behavior.

Some crackers with that whine, Sir?

Not that it matters but I'd like to add a point of clarification here. I'm flattered that Blue Wolf thinks I was already in a position of some authority in the Lexicon at that time but that simply wasn't the case. While I was involved in figuring out that the leak from the Lexicon was Shoeless Joe afterwards, and perhaps as a result later joined the Lexicon High Council, I was not at all involved in the plot beforehand. I was advised to try applying for the RA, but I did not know why.

Basically, everywhere in Blue's post where it says TGR/Elu it should not say my name.

Disgusting! What a low down hypocritical traitor that Hersfold is. I shudder in distaste and shiver in......whatever I shiver in. Disgusted and nauseated. Anyway, who is this creep?
That's a reprehensible thing to say about Hers. I certainly hope you were being sarcastic. :mad:

Disgusting! What a low down hypocritical traitor that Hersfold is. I shudder in distaste and shiver in......whatever I shiver in.  Disgusted and nauseated. Anyway, who is this creep?
That's a reprehensible thing to say about Hers. I certainly hope you were being sarcastic. :mad:
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

marv.gif

That makes me very angry!
I hope that your growling is in approval of my post.

Back