NS down?

I suspect we'll be seeing NS 2.0 sooner rather than later. There are limits to the way the game is current coded, and to make interesting again, it's going to take more than what was done with version 1.9.
While influence solved some problems, it created others, and it never did re-created the geopolitics of the cold war era all that well. Now it's the era of non-governmental international organizations, both ideological and criminal, (whether one calls them terrorists or freedome fighters doesn't really matter, and it order to re-vitalize NS, there is going to be a need to add a level of interrelationships and interwactions that isn't there now.

Just my :2c:

Always thought it would be there forever, how naive of me

Remember when pixiedance was running the show some years ago there were around 7000 nations in TNP. Now it is less than half.

Could some blame be attributed to the rise of social networking sites such as facebook and myspace?

I think the simple reality is, NS isn't new and shiny anymore. Add to that, to a lot of people (especially the techno-youth of today) prefer dazzling lights and instant gratification over political debate and customizing their Nation's flag.

I think that is the simplest and most accurate contention.

I blame the lack of being on Fark.com.

Quick, someone start an in-game neo-Nazi group and make a video using some countries national anthem and post it on You-Tube.

It worked from CyberNations.

I blame the lack of being on Fark.com.

Quick, someone start an in-game neo-Nazi group and make a video using some countries national anthem and post it on You-Tube.

It worked from CyberNations.
Nordreich!

LOL!

Back