Discussion on Reviving The TNP Wire

You know, there's not that many good NS newspapers going around these days.

Perhaps we should attempt to build a network of reporters to globally report as well. Once we've got the whole "Reporting what's happening in TNP" figured out, of course.

I think that it would be excellent to set up a News division, and I would be happy to create a Nationstates Associated Press at some point on InvisionFree.

Well, I think that it would be wise to begin circulation of an internal newsletter to detail the latest news and events in The North Pacific, as well as helping to keep internal affairs communicated with the entire North Pacific community. I think that it is important for governmental affairs to be distributed throughout the entire community, so that other officials and non-governmental people can get thier say in.
I love the idea of an internal newspaper. I also think if started up properly an interregional newspaper would be fantastic as well. ^_^

There are plenty of good players here that could be reporters.

Democratic Donkeys I would love for you to take Arts and Entertainment. Thank you for everyone who has shown interest in helping the Internal Affairs ministry. You all rock! ^_^

I still need a deputy who could manage a recruitment program, and a welcoming committe. If anyone is interest in helping with those two areas. Please reply. ^_^

Would it be too much of a problem to set up a subforum for the newsletter and coordination of it? And would TNP community be interested in helping to create / maintain a "NationStates Press Association"?

NS Newsline May 15, 2008

Activity low in-game
Of late there has been a noticeable decrease in Nationstates activity, with more nations being CTE'd than created. A prominent NS member has chalked this period up to the famed "summer slump".

NS Newsline Oct. 25, 2008

Activity low in-game
Of late there has been a noticeable decrease in Nationstates activity, with more nations being CTE'd than created. A prominent NS member has chalked this period up to the famed "winter slump".

If you need some reporters i'm ready to be put in the fray coach!

I asked Grosse via PM to move the North Pacific News Central forum into the IA area of the forum.

Thanne, if you can PM and tell me what sub-forums you want or think are needed I will relay that info to Grosse. ^_^

I have done so, Joshua.

Anyone opposed to "The North Pacific Guardian" as our newspaper name? Or rather, do you have any better ideas?

The name is good with one small issue:

TNP LAW 6
Ministry of Communications

Section 1. The North Pacific Wire.

The North Pacific Wire shall be the official News Publication of the region. The North Pacific Wire shall be administered by the Ministry of Communications.

Communications now falls under Interior, so there does need some cosmetic/verbage updates to the law, but we might as well stay with the established name.

You might work with Interregional Affairs and ask that an invitation to participate and provide news stories from other regions be added to the TNP Update.

I would, of course, like to set up a formal system for writing the newsletter, including a list of writers, who may formally identify themselves as "TNP Wire journalists" when speaking with diplomats from other regions. I would like the Wire to become a very respected name in NationStates journalism. I can go ahead and put out a sample edition in a few hours, with real-life stories, and we can replace those with our stories.

Edit: How does that look for a temporary logo?

Color me old fashioned, which does not happen often, I was found of the logo on the TNP wire blog. Though, your logo is spiffy, and maybe it is time for something new. I say use the new logo. ^_^

I would also contact the list of people on the TNP Wire Blog to see if you can gain access so we can start using it again.

I like the setup, and the content is good. Though, I won't be on the editorial staff. Visually, it is not eye popping (sorry if that sounds harsh). :(

I am partial to the idea of trying to get control of the TNP Wire blog and using that. In addition to posting stories in a forum located on the TNP forum.

Not at all, this is a very very very quick edition, just to show you one page of how it would be. What we could do is have a one page issue weekly, then a four page issue monthly, or something like that.

Yes, i definintly would like to get in touch with the owners of the blog (whomever owns the blog, I do need to find out), and I would like to post the stories individually.

The Wire has now been moved into the IA section, and the Minister and his deputies have been made moderators of the wire forum. Hopefully, this will help you get things moving.

my two cents: I also have a soft spot for the old wire logo.

Like I said earlier, that was just a temporary logo to see how it would work with the format. I've readjusted it, and the old logo does seem to work much better, plus it takes up less spaces so that more content can be added to the newsletter.

And thank you for moving the Wire forum to the IA section.

The Wire has now been moved into the IA section, and the Minister and his deputies have been made moderators of the wire forum. Hopefully, this will help you get things moving.

my two cents: I also have a soft spot for the old wire logo.
Yes the old logo was pretty lovely. ^_^

Thank you for the assistance Flem!

As general advice, it's much easier, and the most successful news organizations in NationStates have tended not to make their articles into pictures. Less people bother clicking on Imageshack on squinting to read a picture, than they do simple text.

Back