RE: Violators of Our Recruitment Policy

Joshua

TNPer
I would like clarification on my ability to make recommendations to Lewis and Clark for nations to be ejected and/or banned for being repeat offenders of our recruitment policy.

Which is:

1) No ASCII art
2) No advertisements over 15 lines
3) Advertisements may not be in all CAPS

Per the constitution the UN Delegate may:

1. Ejection and/or banning from the region The North Pacific may be prescribed as a punishment for violations of regional, NationStates.net, or real-life laws.

Our recruitment policy is not enshrined in our legal code or constitution. And then we potentially run into the problem of being citizens/residents of TNP. Some recruiters merely pass through and others keep recruitment nations in The North Pacific.

So, can I recommend nations for ejections and/or bannings to Lewis and Clark without violating our Bill of Rights, Legal Code, and Constitution?

The real issue are recruiters who are residents, and the fact that the Bill of Rights applies to "All Nations" of TNP (and not just citizens who have joined the RA). Thus, at a minimum there has to be some due process considerations. There's nothing preventing the RA from adopting a law, or to adopt a policy, but no matter what the requirements of Due Process has to be met.

The real issue are recruiters who are residents, and the fact that the Bill of Rights applies to "All Nations" of TNP (and not just citizens who have joined the RA). Thus, at a minimum there has to be some due process considerations. There's nothing preventing the RA from adopting a law, or to adopt a policy, but no matter what the requirements of Due Process has to be met.
Recruiters just passing through do not have the Bill of Rights applying to them?

No, it doesn't.

As for due process, I say we set up a system for a court to decide whether or not a nation is a repeat defender. Trial by judge, and a quick one at that- he examines the evidence, and if the person has been warned and continues to post abusive recruitments, the judge issues the guilty warrant and L&C ejects him. Ideally, this whole judgment process would take a day or less.

It would be simpler, in the case of a recruiter being parked in the region, to file a formal diplomatic protest with the region for which that nation is recruiting.

It avoids dealing with the legal process, and recognizes the rights of the resident nation.

Back