-
Just getting the outline put together.

tnp-update-election.jpg

The North Pacific Update
3 January, 2008

UN Delegate: The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum
UN Delegate Elect: The North Pacific Kingdom of Lewis and Clark
Regional Power: Extremely High
The North Pacific contains 3,564 nations.

Happy New Year to all our friends throughout NationStates! We hope that your holidays were the best ever.

Sf-1.gif
Election Results

Voting Closed at 2359 on January 2, 2008 with the results posted by the Election Commissioner:

For UN Delegate:
*Lewis and Clark - 8
*Galapagos Isle - 3
*John Ashcroft Land - 5

For Speaker of the Regional Assembly:
*Grosseschnauzer - 9
*Poltsamaa - 6

For the Council of Lower Officers (aka CLO - there are Three positions available):
*FALCONKATS - 11
*Joshua - 8
*mr. sniffles - 11
*Romanoffia - 12
*Slash - 1

Speaker Grosseschnauzer thanked the region for it's support of his re-election bid, stating:

I want to take this opportunity to thank the members of the Regional Assembly who voted in these elections and thank them for voting to re-elect me to a full term as the Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

This has been a difficult period with the Assembly's decision to change the basic laws of the region and the need for the Regional Assembly, together with the Delegate, the new Council of Lower Officials, and the Court to fashion how the Region will govern itself in the days ahead.

There is much the Assembly needs to do and I will do my upmost to assure that the work of the Assembly is carried out is an inclusive and fair manner.

Delegate Elect Lewis and Clark also thanked the region for it's support, and added special thanks to outgoing Delegate Great Bights Mum for her dedication and service to the region:

I want to thank you for your confidence in me to serve as the region's UN Delegate during this first term of office of our new Constitution. I am humbled, and with a new Constitution and government I beleive that we have a fresh opportunity for the region.

As GS has noted, the Constitution has left us with much work to be done. And I look forward to working with the new Cabinet, the Speaker, the CLO, the RA, the Judicial Branch, and everyone else towards making The North Pacific an active and vital NationStates region once again.

I expect that you are anxious to hear my announcement of the new Cabinet, and I am working to assemble my team as I speak. I have spoken to some of you already, and have yet to speak with some others. My priorities for the Cabinet are to ensure that they will be actively engaged in their posts, and hopefully combine a good mix of experience and abilities. I am also focused on seeking those out that are willing to be creative, inventive, and flexible to bring interest and activity to the region.

As my first priorities, I will be focusing on finalizing and assembling this team, as well as working on the delegacy transfer. I hope you will be patient as we make this transition.

Again, to each and every one of you, thank you.....and Congratulations on a New Year of Hope for The North Pacific !

Please join me in thanking Great Bights Mum for her service and dedication to TNP as UN Delegate. She has given us smooth sailing and favorable winds during her tenure, and in doing so provided us all with the opportunity to move forward from buearucratic stagnation to a new beginning.

Sf-1.gif
The North Pacific Regional Assembly

After the conclusion of preliminary and formal debate, two proposed laws are currently up for vote in the Regional Assembly. Voting on the proposals closes on January 8th:

*Proposed Law on Proxy Server Usage

*Proposed Law on Election Dates

Formal discussion and debate continues on proposals for a Law on the Power of Expulsion and a Law on Regional Assembly Membership.

Sf-1.gif
The UN Delegate

With no one voting, Delegate Great Bights Mum voted against the UN Resolution: Abolition of Slavery.

Since I didn't like the trade restriction clause, I voted nay.

Sf-1.gif
External Affairs

We would like to remind our friends that The North Pacific provides space on our forum for regions to advertise and recruit. Please read the FAQ before posting. Registration on our forum is not required for this public service.

Sf-1.gif
Justice

Interim Chief Justice Mr. Gaunt has returned from his absence, and called for the continuation of the Trial of TNP vs. Emperor Matthuis. However, with the office of Attorney General current vacant due to the extended unannounced absence of Monte Ozarka, procedings are unlike to resume until the new government has appointed a new AG. Emeror Matthuis also noted:

I will be absent for the next two weeks due to exams, Pierconium will hopefully be there in my absence.

Sf-1.gif
Quotes

"I just know that regardless of your final vacation destination for the summer, i'll most certainly be living vicariously through your experiences until i can experience them myself."
- Rocketman

"I am fickle and fiendish, be warned!"
- Democratic Donkeys

And so closes this edition of The North Pacific Update

One immediate thing pops out:

The "Ministries" are no longer known as "Ministries" even though no one has decided what these entities will be called. Maybe just using the substantive area but be more appropriate right now ("External Affairs" "Defense" etc.)

Updated and here's the code.....please take a look for typos and whatnot

Code:
[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/tnp-update-election.jpg[/IMG] 

[b][SIZE=4]The North Pacific Update[/SIZE]
3 January, 2008[/b]
[b]UN Delegate:[/b] The Salty Dogs of Great Bights Mum
[b]UN Delegate Elect:[/b] The North Pacific Kingdom of Lewis and Clark
[b]Regional Power:[/b] Extremely High
The North Pacific contains 3,564 nations.

Happy New Year to all our friends throughout NationStates!  We hope that your holidays were the best ever.

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG][u][b]Election Results[/b][/u]

Voting Closed at 2359 on January 2, 2008 with the results posted by the Election Commissioner:

[u]For UN Delegate:[/u]
*[b]Lewis and Clark [/b]- 8
*Galapagos Isle - 3
*John Ashcroft Land - 5

[u]For Speaker of the Regional Assembly:[/u]
*[b]Grosseschnauzer[/b] - 9
*Poltsamaa - 6

[u]For the Council of Lower Officers (aka CLO - there are Three positions available):[/u]
*[b]FALCONKATS[/b] - 11
*Joshua - 8
*[b]mr. sniffles[/b] - 11
*[b]Romanoffia[/b] - 12
*Slash - 1

Speaker Grosseschnauzer thanked the region for it's support of his re-election bid, stating:

[QUOTE]I want to take this opportunity to thank the members of the Regional Assembly who voted in these elections and thank them for voting to re-elect me to a full term as the Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

This has been a difficult period with the Assembly's decision to change the basic laws of the region and the need for the Regional Assembly, together with the Delegate, the new Council of Lower Officials, and the Court to fashion how the Region will govern itself in the days ahead.

There is much the Assembly needs to do and I will do my upmost to assure that the work of the Assembly is carried out is an inclusive and fair manner.[/QUOTE]

Delegate Elect Lewis and Clark also thanked the region for it's support, and added special thanks to outgoing Delegate Great Bights Mum for her dedication and service to the region:

[QUOTE]I want to thank you for your confidence in me to serve as the region's UN Delegate during this first term of office of our new Constitution. I am humbled, and with a new Constitution and government I beleive that we have a fresh opportunity for the region.

As GS has noted, the Constitution has left us with much work to be done. And I look forward to working with the new Cabinet, the Speaker, the CLO, the RA, the Judicial Branch, and everyone else towards making The North Pacific an active and vital NationStates region once again.

I expect that you are anxious to hear my announcement of the new Cabinet, and I am working to assemble my team as I speak. I have spoken to some of you already, and have yet to speak with some others. My priorities for the Cabinet are to ensure that they will be actively engaged in their posts, and hopefully combine a good mix of experience and abilities. I am also focused on seeking those out that are willing to be creative, inventive, and flexible to bring interest and activity to the region.

As my first priorities, I will be focusing on finalizing and assembling this team, as well as working on the delegacy transfer. I hope you will be patient as we make this transition.

Again, to each and every one of you, thank you.....and Congratulations on a New Year of Hope for The North Pacific !

Please join me in thanking Great Bights Mum for her service and dedication to TNP as UN Delegate. She has given us smooth sailing and favorable winds during her tenure, and in doing so provided us all with the opportunity to move forward from buearucratic stagnation to a new beginning.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]The North Pacific Regional Assembly[/b][/u]

After the conclusion of preliminary and formal debate, two proposed laws are currently up for vote in the Regional Assembly.  Voting on the proposals closes on January 8th:

*Proposed Law on Proxy Server Usage 

*Proposed Law on Election Dates 

Formal discussion and debate continues on proposals for a Law on the Power of Expulsion and a Law on Regional Assembly Membership.

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]The UN Delegate[/b][/u]

With no one voting, Delegate Great Bights Mum voted against the UN Resolution: Abolition of Slavery.

[QUOTE]Since I didn't like the trade restriction clause, I voted nay. [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]External Affairs[/b][/u]

We would like to remind our friends that The North Pacific provides [URL=http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?showforum=62]space[/URL] on our forum for regions to advertise and recruit.  Please read the [URL=http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?showtopic=332]FAQ[/URL] before posting.  Registration on our forum is not required for this public service.

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]Justice[/b][/u]

Interim Chief Justice Mr. Gaunt has returned from his absence, and called for the continuation of the Trial of TNP vs. Emperor Matthuis.  However, with the office of Attorney General current vacant due to the extended unannounced absence of Monte Ozarka, procedings are unlike to resume until the new government has appointed a new AG.  Emeror Matthuis also noted:

[QUOTE]I will be absent for the next two weeks due to exams, Pierconium will hopefully be there in my absence.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.equilism.org/images/tnp/Sf-1.gif[/IMG] [u][b]Quotes[/b][/u]

"I just know that regardless of your final vacation destination for the summer, i'll most certainly be living vicariously through your experiences until i can experience them myself."
- Rocketman

"I am fickle and fiendish, be warned!"
- Democratic Donkeys

And so closes this edition of The North Pacific Update

Back