Joshua for CLO

Joshua

TNPer
I accept HEM's nomination of myself for the CLO. I've been playing NS since March 2004. I've held various roles in NS. UN Delegate, founder, intelligence spook, defender, raider, Deputy MOCE for TNP, CEC council member in Lazarus, Diplomat, and general friendly and helpful wanderer. ^_^

Article IV: Council of Lower Officers

Section 1: Membership and Powers

1. The Council of Lower Officers (CLO) is to be comprised of the Speaker of the Assembly and three specially-elected members of the Assembly.
2. The CLO is to be given access and speaking privileges within the private Cabinet areas but are not allowed to take part in votes of the Cabinet.
3. The CLO may, with supermajority vote, place an emergency temporary halt on any specific action undertaken by a Ministry, officer, or agent of the Executive branch.
4. The CLO may vote to immediately bring any piece of legislation to an emergency vote before the Assembly.

Provision 4 of our duties is one of our greatest powers. One our biggest problems is the lack of activity and because of that even the simplest tasks have been taking longer then they should. The CLO has the power to expedite the process of getting legislation to the assembly, which can only be a good thing for TNP.

In addition we serve as a vital check and balance for our government. The CLO is given the power to keep the government in check and to make sure the government of TNP is acting in the best interests of its people. And for this task we need sound, level headed individuals who can make reasoned nad thoughtful decisions. I believe I am fully capable of fulfilling this duty based on my experiences in NS.

That is the constitutional outline of the CLO's powers, I wanted to know what your thoughts were as to where the TNP should be going.

That is the constitutional outline of the CLO's powers, I wanted to know what your thoughts were as to where the TNP should be going.
TNP needs to be active, and to do that we need a government that is active. TNP's biggest problem is our inactivity and lack of action. I will do anything and everything I can to ensure that our government is operating at peak efficiency.

If I see a piece of legislature that is of importance, and has been waiting for a long period to be voted on. I will work to expedite the vote.

Anything I can do to speed things up, keep TNP on track, and work to increase our overall activity will be my goal.

Welcome to the race!

It's good to see so many good people getting involved!

Back