Re-elect GS as Speaker

Inflexibility, a dogmatic adherence to bureaucratic procedure (to the extent of anal retentiveness)- even when it flies in the face of common sense and the best interests of the region, a stubborn and unrelenting opposition to change –any change- or any degree of risk and an ability to make even the simplest of things as tangled, complicated and confusing as is humanly possible. Do you believe that these are the sorts of characteristics that The North Pacific needs now, more than ever, from its elected officials?

Inflexibility, a dogmatic adherence to bureaucratic procedure (to the extent of anal retentiveness)- even when it flies in the face of common sense and the best interests of the region, a stubborn and unrelenting opposition to change –any change- or any degree of risk and an ability to make even the simplest of things as tangled, complicated and confusing as is humanly possible. Do you believe that these are the sorts of characteristics that The North Pacific needs now, more than ever, from its elected officials?
:worship:

I feel I have been responsible and flexible, and also respectful of the rights of others that e, as a region, collectively agreed to and adopted. Haor Chall, I won't even get into the total lack of capacity and leadership you showed in your term as Prime Minister, when you saw that others supported different proposals than yours, you took you ball and ran away. Oddly enough, I did more to get your proposal to separate the Billl of Rights passed than you ever did.
Inflexible in the sense that I have respect for the rules that we as a region agreed to? No, you confuse inflexibility for a healthy respect for the principles of democracy and following those principles.
And you overlook the fact that I systematically made sure that all of the proposals to revise the Constitution, including yours, had an equal and full opportunity for debate and discussion before they were all put to a common vote. And I doggedly worked to get the remaining members of the Cabinet afteryour resignation to act on the Constititional revision so it was approved. That's far more than what you did -- you chose to walk away and create a vacumm of leadership that can onl be attributed to your lack of any leadership or political skills.
One of the problems in this is that all three proposals ere flawed. The problems in trying to sort out a fair and clear process to restart the region under this new Constitution is th gaps in the Constitution as it now stands, and maintain an appropriate respect for the rights and liberties in the Bill of Rights. (Common sense would have said that I should have allowed all the proposals to fail in the RA because they all had serious flaws, but my respect for the democratic process did not permit me to put my personal opinion about the proposals above my respect for the principles enshirned in what is now the Bill of Rights.).
I think I have already demonstrated that I can fairly and evenhandledly chair the RA in the legislative process, and make sure that the rights of all the members are respected in the process. That is the primary responsibility of the Speaker, and that is the ob I will continue to do.

zing!!

Back