Application

HEM

TNPer
Normally, I would not be so pompous to apply for a position of high virtue after so little service, but since no-one else seems interested I will:

I wish to apply for Minister of Communications, I have ran many NS papers before including one in Europeia and a talk show in LKE. I can communicate and hopefully add order to the ministry.

Mr Sniffles that is incorrect. The Cabinet collectively holds the powers of the PM when that office is vacant. Second, assuming the constitution revision is approved, tne office will no longer exist (at least in the short term as the composition and selection method of the Cabinet will require a new law.

The Constitution states that the Cabinet is to nominate a replacement Prime Minister within 7 days of the vacancy. The Cabinet is granted collective authority during the time between the vacancy occurance, and the confirmation and installation of a successor. Constitutionally, it would seem that the Cabinet has overstepped it's bounds by failing to nominate a replacement within the given time period.

In the event of a vacancy in the Office of Prime Minister, the Cabinet shall nominate a new Prime Minister, from among any of the Nations that meet the eligibility requirements for election, within seven days. The designation of the Nation nominated by the Cabinet is to be confirmed in a referendum of the Regional Assembly, in which a quorum participates, through a motion of confirmation. The nomination and referendum election shall be conducted as expeditiously as practicable. The Nation nominated for Prime Minister shall meet all qualifications for the office, and the nominated Nation is subject to any and all limitations for service provided in this Constitution or The North Pacific Legal Code. During the interim period between the creation of the vacancy in the office of Prime Minister and the confirmation and installation of a successor to the office of Prime Minister, the Cabinet shall collectively have the authority to exercise the duties and responsibilities of the office.

As the process of a new Constitution may still take some time (15 days for the Cabinet to respond, possible override debate time, and addtional voting - needed activity by the author, etc), and may not be completely till the end of the year, we need to be active under the existing Constitution, rather than waiting and waiting for something to happen.

Frankly, we should just bypass the entire cabinet and announce this new constitution immediately!

And if that's a problem, we should simply impeach the entire cabinet and do it anyways.

The Cabunet previousky announced its own intention not to nominate anyone since they expected elections after the Constitution question is settled. They're waiting on the AG or the deputy to appear and vote,

The likelihood is that there will be 5 votes to approve,

Thank you.

I would be nice to be kept informed, as it would avoid all sorts of concerns, misunderstandings, and problems. Silence just shows more inactivity and more need for action to resolve the regions problems.

I really can't see any reason why the cabinet discussion and voting wasn't held in the public chamber. It's not like there is anything of a sensitive nature. After all, the constitution has been through preliminary, formal and final discussions, plus public voting. I'm not a big fan of private rooms to begin with, and in this instance the use of it has led to an appearance of cabinet inactivity.

While not a voting cabinet member, I do have access to that forum, and I would like to thank Schnauzers for moving things along there.

Back