Come on, people

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
We have no prime minister, but that does not mean that the cabinet have to be paralysed.

We have people fuckwitting all over the forum, declaring themselves sultans, prime ministers and god knows what else.

Take some command. Issue a statement telling people what is happening, and what is going to happen. Get it countersigned by the delegate.

In the absence of leadership, things will slip away from you, like sand through the fingers.

Flem, the currently elected Ministers act as PM when there is a vacancy.
The only Ministry that is vacant is the MoC.
You all need to decide whether to proceed to nominate a PM until the next elections or not. Whether y'all want to appoint an interim PM and send it to the RA is your decision -- as the votes on the Constitution proposals open tomorrow (Monday) for 7 days, and hen any passed proposals will come to the Cabinet

In any event, the Cabinet will need to appoint an election commissioner or two soon. If all the Constitution proposals do not pass then we'd overdue to start elections under nthe current system. If at least one of hem pass, hen he Cabinet will have a say on ratification, and if a proposal gets final approval, then we'll need to start elecions asap afer that.

While we regret the former Prime Minister's decision to desert us in our time of need, we the Cabinet re-assert our control over the official government of the North Pacific.  In the absense of a Prime Minister we will govern collectively until a new government is established.

Thank you for your patience.

Signed,
John Ashcroft Land
(insert other cabinet members here)

I vote AYE on that.

Signed.

But, let's face it. This government is dead. The most we can hope for is to hobble along long enough to get enough reforms passed. May the gods spare us if reforms don't pass. Or worse...if quorum is not reached.

While we regret the former Prime Minister's decision to desert us in our time of need, we the Cabinet re-assert our control over the official government of the North Pacific.  In the absense of a Prime Minister we will govern collectively until a new government is established.

Thank you for your patience.

Signed,
Vrtbovska Zahrada

Well, if this government is dead, I personally have never seen a living one. :no:

Just a neads up -- the voting period in the RA has opened on the various proposals for a revised Constitution.
If I can get a list from Flem of the current RA members, I'll send out an PM to the list about the votes. If I don't get a list then I won't be able to.

If we want an actual Prime Minister then I'll be my usual impolite self and nominate myself for that position.

But the statement I wrote sort of says that we'll govern collectively, so it's really one or the other. It'd need to be revised:

"
While we regret the former Prime Minister's decision to desert us in our time of need, we the Cabinet re-assert our control over the official government of the North Pacific. In Haor Chall's absense we thus pass the Prime Ministership (is this a word?) to (insert PM nominee here).

Thank you for your patience."

My personal opinion on this is that we should keep the statement as-is, but if none of the Constitution proposals pass, the Cabinet should elect a Prime Minister.

Back