Sweeping Changes in Pacifica

Sweeping Changes in Pacifica

TRoosevelt.jpg

Pacificans climb onto the roof to hear the new Premier

Francograd, The Pacific: In the past few weeks, The Pacific has evolutionized into the next stage of the Revolution. The Delegate of The Pacific shall now be known as Comrade Premier Moo-Cows with guns. The announcement was surprisingly followed by the resignations of Senator of Media Affairs New Kervoskia and the Censor of The Pacific Karpathos.

In a dynamic and reassured speech to all Pacificans, Comrade Premier Moo-Cows said this:

Francoism is not an ideal of one or two people. It is not a concept fixated upon a singular event or personality. Francoism is the Truth that lights the way in the darkness of NationStates. It is the light that shines upon The Pacific, and leads us away from the darkness of the past, and the confusion of the Userites.

Unlike the ideals held by those that have recently resigned the Revolution, Franoism is not a stagnant concept that remains fixated upon the past. Comrades, we live in a dynamic world. The Pacific is ever striving to achieve the perfection of ADMIN, though the foundations of Francoism towards a brighter future for us all.

The new stage in The Pacific saga has been buoyed by the return of Comrade Ivan Moldavi, who was named Grand Inquisitor, and Comrade Risellia. Further evidence of the change in Pacifica is the appointment of the greatly experienced Party Member Haor Chall, to Senator of Diplomacy, for dedicated service Al-Kassad is named Commandante of the Grand Army of The Pacific. For his devotion to delivering justice both on the forums and RMB, Laws and Bylaws was established as High Judge and Commissar of Justice for The Pacific, assisted by Comrade Blamange who was appointed Grand Prefect of the Praetorian Guard. Former Francoist delegate of The North Pacific and recent founder of The NINN news network Emperor Matthuis was named as Editor-in-Chief of the PNN, and John, for his service to the region and knowledge of economics was decreed as Governor of The Pacific Bank. The newly established Francoist Party is gaining new members by the day, fuelling a new generation of Pacificans.

Those recently appointed have gone straight to work. Haor Chall has revitalized the ambassadorial department producing updates and assigning diplomats to spread the light of Francoism all over NationStates. The PNN has began producing world-renowned articles once more, and the Grand Army of The Pacific is undergoing major structural changes; to develop it into the greatest army in NationStates again.

Certainly, it is clear that those who foolishly maintain that that The Pacific no longer follows its ideals of Francoism are irrelevant and greatly misguided. Instead all true Pacificans shall proudly continue our glorious march on from the August Revolution to peace, strength and greater prosperity.

----
Written by Emperor Matthuis
Editor-in-Chief of The Pacifican Telegraph

I never thought I's ever say this, but I'm glad to see Ivan back again. The Pacific was getting rather dull.

I made several batches of cookies, quit one army and joined another, saw military action with each one of them, flirted extensively with TAO, and got a new pair of fruit roll up pants from Khark for supporting his Sultanate.

It's been a busy week. :P

Honestly, Ivan. It couldn't hurt to change the name one more time. I mean people are used to the uncertainty (is that a word?) by now. It's not like you have to change forums again or anything like that. NS players have short memories (except for some grudges). The right name change would go a long way in helping players forget the embarassment of "FUPS" and possibly start to restore some dignity to the region.

I agree that the game has matured in an odd way that makes the delegate and in-game mechanics completely separate from any attempt at "governing" in the off-site forums. However, I still hold that the sense of community and cohesion in a region cannot be maintained without the link between the RMB and the off-site forum, if that community bases itself on in-game constructs.

TP needs an image clean up. A strong propaganda campaign would do the trick. But it's a lot easier to polish an image if you start off with a good name.

Such things have been known to happen.

I believe it was one of the recently departed members of the Senate that came up with the name anyway. While it ultimately isn't my choice to make, I am never one to stick with ideas that came from deserters.

It seems that predictions were correct. If I understand the latest announcement from Moo Cows correctly, the embarassing acronym "FUPS" has been hastily discarded, less than 48 hours after the posts above.

Unfortunately, the announcement continued by saying that the Francoist Union is now to be known as the Pacifican Party.

I am forced to wonder whether "pee pee" is a great improvement on "FUPS".

But, it is not my choice. Hail, pee pee.

The government of The Pacific is the USSP.

The Pacifican Party is but the body of citizenship required to take part in the government.

Blarg. Shizneaux and such. I miss the halcyon days when the OOC was rocking, and there was always some exciting political debacle occuring elsewhere that kept the forum stirring with action. *SIGH*

It is from the old Beatles song:

"Back in the USSP
You don't know how lucky you be, boy....
Back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSP."

FUPS and now USSP? Dear lord, you guys really don't know how to choose acronyms.
You should read a bit more history.
NPO is vastly superior. Frankly, that's how I still refer to the Pacific government.
The name of the government is meaningless so long as the principles and impetus behind it remain the same.

The New Pacific Order was just that, just after the August Revolution. The return of the Order after the PRP was a return to the groundwork needed in order to move to the next step.

Unfortunately someone else was involved in the naming of the next step and decided upon FUPS. We sought to correct that without a full revertion, since the Pacific Senate only moves forward.

Not that I expect anyone left in TP to care, but I didn't know where to say something...

Nea-Petropolis (Karpathos) CTE'd. Depressing.

I don't suppose any of you noticed.

He hasn't logged on for only eleven days on his forum account, so one hopes it is not permanent. I had noticed before that he is one of those players who very infrequently login to their NationStates nations.

The New Pacific Order was just that, just after the August Revolution. The return of the Order after the PRP was a return to the groundwork needed in order to move to the next step.

Frankly, I think you guys should have gone with the Neo New Pacific Order, it's much more true to the principals of Francoism in my estimation than the 'Union of Sovereign States of The Pacific', which should really be acronym-ed as USSTP anyway as you are The Pacific after all.

So many have gone, it's hard to be depressed anymore. I'd rather concentrate on those that are still around.

Back