Ejection from the NP

Oblomovia

TNPer
The Peoples Republic of Oblomovia expresses its dismay at the decision by Emperor Matthuis to eject it from the North Pacific region and relocate it to the rejected realms.

As a newly formed nation, Oblomovia has no interest in politics at the highest level, but merely is looking to establish itself as a productive member of the region. But this latest action by Emperor Matthuis can not be allowed to pass without condemnation.

Oblomovia prides itself on a number of ideals; fairness, opportunity and freedom. While all nations are denied the opportunity to make it's own decisions, none of these ideals can be achieved.

I urge Emperor Matthuis to reconsider his decision to eject the Peoples Republic of Oblomovia from this region, and to overturn his cynical, and illegal policy of ejecting nations that refuse to endorse only those of his choosing.

If Emperor Matthuis does not have the courage to do this, there is only only action I can recommend. I then urge all member nations to do everything in their power to remove Emperor Matthuis from any position of influence in the region, and to support those that fight against him.

Only then, will our nations once again be free.

I am very sorry to hear you have been ejected. One of the most unfortunate side effects of these events, when people ascend to the Delegacy concerned only with the most selfish of motives, is that innocent people and nations are forceably removed from their home region without good cause.

Sadly, Emperor Matthuis has made his position quite clear. The only way to restore freedom and democracy to The North Pacific, so that nations are free to endorse whoever they wish without fear of retribution or ejection, is to removed Emperor Matthuis from power. And we will do so.

Since you have addressed me directly I will answer.

Oblomovia endorsed Great Bights Mum even though she was not endorsing the nation in question back. The twelve million population of Oblomovia shows that the nation had joined the UN after she was overthrown. This all indicates that you are not a North Pacifican, and are instead an insurgent, who after their ejection, in an attempt to generate 'bad PR' as it were, are complaining.

Your change from 'no interest in politics' to urging all those loyal North Pacificans to unendorse me, only clears up your guilt in my mind.

to overturn his cynical, and illegal policy of ejecting nations that refuse to endorse only those of his choosing.

It is perfectly legal according to the game rules, which I suggest some of you follow.

Your banning will not be rescinded, I wish you luck in NationStates.

I thank Emperor Mathuis for his response.

I would like to draw the Emperors attention to following sections of the North Pacific constitution -

Article I, section 4
No Nation of The North Pacific holding UN member status in NationStates shall be obligated to endorse any official of a government authority of the region. The right to add an endorsement or withdraw an endorsement is a sovereign right of that Nation as a UN member.

I confirm that as a UN member state prior to her ejection, the Peoples Republic of Oblomovia is entitled by the constitution of the North Pacific to endorse, or unendorse nations of her choosing.

Article I, section 8
No Nation shall be ejected from the region, or banned from any forum, except as expressly authorized by this Constitution or the Legal Code. Should any official of a government authority of the region with authority to act, declare that the immediate ejection or banning of a Nation is an urgent matter of regional security, the ejected or banned Nation shall have prompt and immediate recourse to judicial review of the matter. The UN Delegate shall not exercise the power of ejection or banning unless expressly authorized by a specific action of a government authority of the region pursuant to this Constitution or to the Legal Code.

I call upon Emperor Matthuis to cite the specific breach of the laws of hte North Pacific that brought about this action. I further call upon Emperor Matthuis to confirm that the Peoples Republic of Oblomovia will be allowed to seek judicial review of this action.

Article VI, section 1
Any Nation may be expelled from The North Pacific if found guilty of the following:
1) Violating any of the NationStates rules as provided on the NationStates.net website or as determined by a NationStates Moderator.
2) Violations of The North Pacific Constitution.
3) Violating the Regional membership regulations as outlined in Article I, Section 1 of the Constitution.
4) Violating The North Pacific Legal Code or other laws of the Region.
5) Violating the Rules and Regulations for Cabinet.

I ask Emperor Matthuis which of these sections has been breached leading to the ejection of the Peoples Republic of Oblomovia.

Article VI, section 2
1) The Delegate may not expel a Nation without the express consent of the Nations of the Region by either a referendum vote, with the participation of a quorum, or by a trial and judgment that specifically imposes expulsion as a penalty or in the case of an urgent matter of regional security as referenced in Article I of this Constitution.

I call upon ask Emperor Matthuis to provide an explanation as to why this law has been ignored.

I look forward to confirmation from your office that the ejection of the Peoples Republic of Oblomovia is without merit, and without basis in law. I further look forward to immediate apology and reinstatement to the region.

Emperor Matthuis is a tyrant, in the classical sense of the word.

He has ascended via extra-constitutional means, and therefore thinks said constitution no longer applies to him.

Oblomovia thanks Haor Chall for the kind words and support expressed here. As a nation we too look forward to happier and more stable times in the North Pacific region.

Outer Kharkistania, you are not a North Pacifican, you are a member of the Aeazen Combine, you know nothing of the old Constitution or the ways of The North Pacific. Do not try and send as though you have the slightest idea of what you are talking about.

Oblomovia, you have ignored what I actually said:

Oblomovia endorsed Great Bights Mum even though she was not endorsing the nation in question back. The twelve million population of Oblomovia shows that the nation had joined the UN after she was overthrown. This all indicates that you are not a North Pacifican, and are instead an insurgent, who after their ejection, in an attempt to generate 'bad PR' as it were, are complaining.

Your change from 'no interest in politics' to urging all those loyal North Pacificans to unendorse me, only clears up your guilt in my mind.

If you had perhaps satisfied my concerns, or even answered what I wrote then perhaps I would be more willing to unban you, instead you quote a void Constitution, that will get you nowhere.

The Aeazen Combine ceased to exist months ago, Matthuis. Making false accusations regarding me will not change the fact that you are an illegitimate, unconstitutional tyrant.

Straw_Man_Kit.JPG

Straw Man Argument: you accusations don't address my argument, but nice try anyways.

Oblomovia:

In my experience there is little point with a tyrant in appealing to his better nature, the opinions of others or the word of law.

Oblomovia, you have ignored what I actually said:

If you had perhaps satisfied my concerns, or even answered what I wrote then perhaps I would be more willing to unban you, instead you quote a void Constitution, that will get you nowhere.

Emperor Matthuis, I did not ignore what you said. I find you statements both erroneous and irrelevant.

Oblomovia endorsed Great Bights Mum even though she was not endorsing the nation in question back.

I was not aware of any law or section of the constitution that states that a nation must wait for another nations endorsement before endorsing that nation itself. Perhaps you would be so kind as to point out that law for me. In any case, perhaps a quiet word or warning might have been a more appropriate course of action rather than immediate expulsion without explanation.

The twelve million population of Oblomovia shows that the nation had joined the UN after she was overthrown.

I was admitted to the UN prior to my ejection from the North Pacific region, and prior to endorsing any nation. You are mistaken in the belief that I was admitted to the UN after being overthrown.

This all indicates that you are not a North Pacifican, and are instead an insurgent, who after their ejection, in an attempt to generate 'bad PR' as it were, are complaining.

I respectfully suggest that you cease talking about subjects of which you clearly know nothing about. My ambitions as a newly formed nation in the North Pacific region were to gain membership of the regional assemby, the UN and then to apply for a nice comfortable diplomatic post or government job. I would have done so too if it were not for being ejected from the region without explanation. It is only after my ejection that I made any mention of your office. I have only been a member of the North Pacific until my ejection, as Oblomovia is not the richest of nations I have never even visited a nation outside of the North Pacific before today.

Once again, you are mistaken (and I respectfully suggest you should take care when quoting other nations). I have never said that I have no interest in politics, after all none of us would be here if we had no interest in politics. I did say that I have no interest in politics at the highest level. After we Oblomovians are strong believers in the concept of learning to walk before you run.

But I cannot in all good faith stand back and ignore a "leadership", that makes flawed and baseless allegations against the Peoples Republic of Oblomovia, that throws me out of the only region I have known, and continually shows the lack of courage to submit himself to the will of the people of the North Pacific.

I will now take the advice of those wiser than you, and cease debate on my ejection.

I will only say that I look forward to the day that I return to my region of the North Pacific, take up my membership of the regional assembly and my government job and celebrate the end of your reign.

Emperor Matthuis, I did not ignore what you said. I find you statements both erroneous and irrelevant.

Considering, that I am the one you are trying to convince, this is dangerous thinking.

I was not aware of any law or section of the constitution that states that a nation must wait for another nations endorsement before endorsing that nation itself. Perhaps you would be so kind as to point out that law for me. In any case, perhaps a quiet word or warning might have been a more appropriate course of action rather than immediate expulsion without explanation.

In my last post, I thought I made it clear that referencing to the old Constitution will get you nowhere. I have about five nations just ready to overthrow me, I cannot afford to take chances on those insurgents, like yourself.

I respectfully suggest that you cease talking about subjects of which you clearly know nothing about. My ambitions as a newly formed nation in the North Pacific region were to gain membership of the regional assemby, the UN and then to apply for a nice comfortable diplomatic post or government job. I would have done so too if it were not for being ejected from the region without explanation. It is only after my ejection that I made any mention of your office. I have only been a member of the North Pacific until my ejection, as Oblomovia is not the richest of nations I have never even visited a nation outside of the North Pacific before today.

That is admirable.

Once again, you are mistaken (and I respectfully suggest you should take care when quoting other nations). I have never said that I have no interest in politics, after all none of us would be here if we had no interest in politics. I did say that I have no interest in politics at the highest level. After we Oblomovians are strong believers in the concept of learning to walk before you run.

But I cannot in all good faith stand back and ignore a "leadership", that makes flawed and baseless allegations against the Peoples Republic of Oblomovia, that throws me out of the only region I have known, and continually shows the lack of courage to submit himself to the will of the people of the North Pacific.

I will now take the advice of those wiser than you, and cease debate on my ejection.

I will only say that I look forward to the day that I return to my region of the North Pacific, take up my membership of the regional assembly and my government job and celebrate the end of your reign.

I wish you good luck.

It saddens me to see nations beng banned, simply because they make a democratic choce of who to endorse. My thanks to Oblomovia for the courage to take a stand. Contrary to what EM might say, the Constituton is not void simply because he says so. We will overthrow him and restore our rights and our freedoms.

By the way, the Delegate's Office is still mine. Maybe Gatesville has a spare room he can use. EM does NOT make the laws around here. He has no authority to mete out justice. He does not lead the people. He is merely a little man with a big stick.

Back