Another day, another coup

Time to dust off the sarcasm and poetry? Or do we cave and say to Gates "OK - you win"?

EM has been planning this a long time. This is not a whim move, and he is not interested in talking.

I say we fight this one.

I think Flem is not wrong. If he is as slow as Dali at getting started then we may do better this time if we start going from the off. We need to come up with a statement to post in all our embassies (esp. places like TWP) to try to rally up international support.

Gatesville's consulate has been closed and I have posted on the Gateville board to shut our embassy there. Considering this is the second attempt by them to takeover our region I see no need for any pretence of relations with them.

I recommend legal action be taken against EM in-region. He's pulled shit twice now, let's try him, even if only in absentia, and strip all his access on the forums. Flem, is that Rogue Delegate mask still hanging around?

Edit: Now that I have some reason to do so, I will start working with the WPLF.

Lexi's in, too. Yay?

As of last night GBM and Eras have tarted. And EM has about 70 foreign endos (or that's what Gaspo says at least). So we should hit the diplomatic channels pretty soon.

I wouldn't go all the way to 70, MO, but I would say upwards of 45 or so. He jumped 40 endos over 3 days early this past week, and then another 30 last night. Some of that is normal, at least, of the original 40, but a large number appear to be puppets as well. I would put him upwards of 50 non-TNP UNs.

Unlike Dali, EM professes no positive change for the region. So pooh unto him.

Unless someone would like to stop me, I'm going to file charges. And by God, I will try to make this the speediest trial TNP has ever seen. It may even reach a conclusion by the beginning of the next term!

Criminal indictment draft:
TNP

-v.-

Emperor Matthuis

The Government hereby charges that Emperor Matthuis did violate the following:

1) No Nation of The North Pacific holding UN member status in NationStates shall be obligated to endorse any official of a government authority of the region. The right to add an endorsement or withdraw an endorsement is a sovereign right of that Nation as a UN member. (Const. 1.1)

2) No Nation shall be ejected from the region, or banned from any forum, except as expressly authorized by this Constitution or the Legal Code. Should any official of a government authority of the region with authority to act, declare that the immediate ejection or banning of a Nation is an urgent matter of regional security, the ejected or banned Nation shall have prompt and immediate recourse to judicial review of the matter. The UN Delegate shall not exercise the power of ejection or banning unless expressly authorized by a specific action of a government authority of the region pursuant to this Constitution or to the Legal Code. (Const. 1.8)

3) No governmental authority of the region has the power to suspend or disregard this Constitution or the Legal Code In the event of an actual emergency, the governmental authorities of the region, with the express consent of the Nations of the region or their representatives, is authorized to act in any reasonable manner that is consistent as practicable with the pertinent provisions of this Constitution. (Const. 1.11)

4) The following acts shall be illegal for Nations of The North Pacific, in both the NationStates region "The North Pacific" and on the off-site forum, unless specifically specified otherwise...."Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allied groups and regions as governed by the Constitution. (TNP Law 22.1)

Before we prosecute, a statement should be drafted requesting for military support from friendly regions who are currently not with us. Gotta get a firm hold on EM so that he won't just push us over when press charges against him. We need support.

M.O.

If I were you I'd get word to both Mr. Gaunt and Romanoffia, since they hold the two filled seats on the Court at the moment.

As far as the R.A. goes, just let me know if something needs to be done.

Here, this is a request for military assistance.

To All Allies, New and Old, of the North Pacific

Recently, the position of the Delegate of The North Pacific was over taken by the traitor Emperor Matthuis. The government of The North Pacific is in the process of retaliating, but Emperor Matthuis's forces are strong. This is a formal statement asking all friends of The North Pacific for assistance in tearing down the wall which Gatesville and their puppet Emperor Matthuis have assembled. [continue patriotic rant]. Help us restore the proper Delegate, Great Bights Mum, to her rightful position. The North Pacific needs you.

One thing to keep in mind is that regional requests for aid are pretty much handled on a person-by-person basis. Any such public statements are: 1) for show, and 2) to draw in new, otherwise-disinterested bodies.

Here it is, tweaked, and fixed for grammar.

To All Allies, New and Old, of the North Pacific

Recently, the position of the Delegate of The North Pacific was over taken by the traitor Emperor Matthuis and his treacherous Gatesville and Catslandtopia allies. The government of The North Pacific is in the process of retaliating, but Emperor Matthuis's forces are strong. This is a formal statement asking all friends of The North Pacific for assistance in tearing down the wall that the puppet Emperor Matthuis has assembled. Help end unprovoked aggression against us. Help us restore the proper Delegate, Great Bights Mum, to her rightful position. The North Pacific needs you.

EDIT: Oh, and we should totally have a IRC meeting or something.

Any such public statements are: 1) for show, and 2) to draw in new, otherwise-disinterested bodies.
Exactly what I had in mind.

And I agree. An IRC meeting is a fabuloso idea. I personally won't be able to get on until late, like 6:00 PST. I'm not that important.

EDITE: Posted in Taijitu, The East Pacific, 00000 A World Power, and am in the process of posting on Europeia. The first two might garner a response, but not really sure. The last two will probably be looking for some action, but because of their small size, we may only receive as many as 6-7 endos. But every little bit counts right? And we already have Lazarus right?

EDITE2: Posted in Canada.

MO, considering he is not the legal Delegate anyway, trying to prosecute him under all those sections seems unnecessarily lengthy. Can we not just prosecute him for illegally taking the Delegacy from GBM? I think it plays better publically if we are a little more concise and to the point.

IRC meeting is a good idea. Unfortunately I think I'll only be able to be around daytime GMT/BST this week, although I'll see what I can do.

Oh and TWP.

How about something like this:

To All Allies and Friends, New and Old, of the North Pacific

Recently, the Delegate of The North Pacific was usurped by the traitor Emperor Matthuis and by invading forces from Gatesville. The government of The North Pacific is resisting this attack on our sovereignty. We stand firm and unwavering in our opposition to foreign oppression and dictatorship in our region.
This is a formal statement asking all friends and allies of The North Pacific for assistance in defeating the forces the puppet Emperor Matthuis has assembled. Help end this unprovoked aggression against us. Help us restore the proper elected Delegate, Great Bights Mum, to her rightful position.
The North Pacific needs your assistance.

What I'm about to post. Shortened it to treason.

TNP

-v.-

Emperor Matthuis

The Government hereby charges that Emperor Matthuis did knowingly and willfully:

1) Commit treason against The North Pacific in the illegal usurpation of the delegacy from Great Bights Mum on October 21st, 2007. (TNP Law 22.1)
TNP Law 22:
The following acts shall be illegal for Nations of The North Pacific, in both the NationStates region "The North Pacific" and on the off-site forum, unless specifically specified otherwise...

Section 1: Treason
A - "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allied groups and regions as governed by the Constitution.
2) Undertake these actions with the aid of foreign military forces from Gatesville and other regions.

3) Undertake these actions as part of no officially-sanctioned NPIA or NPA operation.

Good stuff.

Also, can we all make sure we are not endorsing EM (looks at GBM). It may only be a little thing but it is one endorsement and it is also something commented on in other regions.

Please let me know if anything is needed in the RA.

As to IRC, send me a PM and let me know when. (mIRC is problematic with this computer, I generally have to not log into either Yahoo or MSN when I do so.)

I ran the scanner again tonight and was floored by the astonishing number of outsiders who have come in to prop up EM. Now, I have TM'd every TNP nation who has not yet endorsed me. It isn't going to be enough. To end this quickly we must seek help from our friends and allies.

Unfortunately TWP basically told us to shove it up our ass, so to speak. TWP is also allied with Gatesville, so this is no surprise.

DSA, maybe. I think we can work with them if we show that it is indeed NOT internal.

NPO, lol. I tried sucking up to them and all they gave back was a declaration of neutrality... but then again, they don't have a military anyway. Moo doesn't have the balls.

Equilism is supporting us, right? To my knowledge their military is still stationed in the Pacific propping up Moo, however.

I know most people here probably won't agree with this... but god damn, I wish we had the ADN and RLA back.

For your information, EM has dropped 40 native endorsements since Saturday. he has, however, gone up from 306 to 335, mainly through foreign troops, since he has not afaik bothered endotarting much.

We cannot know how many gates troops are in, but 40 troops have moved directly from Gatesville to TNP without moving through any other region.

I think there are an estimated 70 or so foreign troops backing him. Without this support he would be WELL BELOW Great Bight;s Mum.

Back