Resignation as Speaker

To put it very simply, I am not the right person for this job right now. We are at a point where our Assembly needs activity, and it needs a focus, drive, and singular devotion from its leader that I, for various reasons, am simply unable to provide at this moment in time. I want to very sincerely thank everyone who voted for me, and obviously those who moved to put me up for election at all, but there is someone who has tried twice to get this post, and I feel would do an excellent job, but, for whatever reason, has failed to gain popular mandate. I feel personally responsible for the second time, and would like an opportunity to give back something that, honestly, I do not feel I earned or deserved.

As such, as my last act as Speaker of the Regional Assembly, I hereby endorse, and heartily suggest you all do as well, punk d for Speaker. He wants what you gave me, but I cannot give it to him directly. He will serve better than I have or can, and I look forward to any opportunity the Assembly may grant him to demonstrate his skills and devotion.

I hereby yield the floor to Mr. d for any statements he may wish to make.

Back