Closed: Board of Regents Nominations

I'd like to nominate the remainder of the current Board of Regents, those who are active, if they'll accept it:
  • Emperor Matthius
Anyone else out there like to be a member of the prestigious Board? I'm not sure what they do, exactly, but, surely, at the least, you can look down your nose at non-boardmembers.

Edit: removed two nominations due to lack of response.

Due to Byardkuria's resignation as Speaker, the nomination process was disrupted.

This thread will remain open for use for a renewed nomination period, but that will not start until the coming weekend. Voting on the Board will start the following weekend.

This thread will be moved to the main RA forum and pinned, and I'm going to retitle the thread to reflect its use for nominations.

We still need two more nominations, at a minimum.

So far, the nominations include:
FALCONKATS
Emperor Matthuis disqualified
Monte Ozarka
punk d disqualified
John Ashcraoft Land
Starlav withdrew
HEM
Outer Kharkistania
Blue Wolf II
north harmoneia

Strictly speaking Isimud and I are ex-officio (he as chair and myself as Chancellor) so two others would be more in keeping with what was intended. Also keep in mind that these terms were supposed to be early September to early March.

TNP Law 17 on the University:
Regents shall be members of the Regional Assembly in good standing during their term. The Board of Regents shall be elected by plurality vote of the Regional Assembly in the manner prescribed by law for Security Council elections.
Emperor Matthuis is disqualified inasmuch as by removing himself from TNP to the Rejected Realms, he was no longer qualified to Regional Assembly membership in good standing.

punk d resigned from the regional assembly and is therefore ineligible to election as a regent.

Edited to update list of candidates/nominations

I was PMed by Isimud at request for me to run. I haven't been active around here but it's a great chance to get started!

So I nominate myself. :jack:

The omination period will close on Sunday evening. At the moment there are five candidates for the six seats; however, if need be I will stand for the remaining seat.

Back