Chief Justice term of office

The last Prime Minister and Cabinet should have submitted a nomination for Chief Justice during the month of July for a vote in the regional assembly. Whether it is to nominate Democratic Donkeys for another term, or someone else, it still needs to be done.

We're also due to have the RA elect the board of regents for the University for their next six month term (which should be taking place this week, in fact).

I'm coming up with some ideas for a constitutional compromise that is different from the ideas others have put forth in the RA; I'm not ready to discuss it just yet, as I only thought of some of the ideas within the last couple of days.

We could promote Mr. Gaunt, as he is experienced and more active than Roman, it is also easier to find a suitable Associate Justice, than a Chief one.

I would suggest public solicitation of suggestions in the RA. Haor, you would not be obligated to nominate any of those suggestions, and the Cabinet would not be obligated to consent to ia suggested name before it goes to the RA, but it might provide a pool of names, among which might be a name to propose if Mr. Gaunt is elevated to Chief Justice.

I'll have to think about who is active these days that might be a fit.

Back