Flemingovia for MOIIA

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Hi

You all know me. I have served this region as delegate, PM and various other things over the years. I have been part of the region since 1st Jan 2004. For the past few months I have been out of government, taking a breather; but now I am ready to stand for election again.

What do i stand for as MOIIA?

Speed and Security

At present RA applications are checked by the MOIIA and the Administrators, and this can take time. This has given rise to wailing and gnashing of teeth, rending of garments and pouring ash over heads. Some good suggestions have been raised as to how to streamline the process, which should be considered by the RA. However, in the interim the obvious solution is to elect a member of the Admin team as MOIIA. No PMs back and forth; easy processing.

On the security issue, a number of people over the years have expressed concern that the MOIIA can, at present, view all the IP addresses of those in the RA. This is something that is under review, but voters can be assured that a vote for me would not compromise their security any further - I can already see all the IP addresses :P

contributions and :2c:

I do not share the view of some that the constitution is to blame for everything from inactivity to global warming. Under the current consitution we have seen periods of inactivity, and periods of intense activity. But I do feel the moment is here for us to look at the consitution, and probably revise and streamline it. As MOIIA I would look forward to being part of the cabinet, and contributing to that process.

Welcoming the Stranger

As MOIIA I would see it as my duty to welcome new okaters in the forum, and help them get to grips with the region and warn them who to avoid

That will probably do for now. I welcome your questions.

Remember - voting for Fleminovia is the only internet-approved cure for Athelete's Foot.

Are you open to a change in the system that allows for multiple MoIIA deputies to speed up the processing of RA applicants?!

Admittedly this is not such a big issue if a Forum Admin were to be also MoIIA but this will not always be the case!!

First off, given the information that MOIIA staff are privvy to, i think this ought to be a matter for the RA as a whole.

That being said, I personally do not think we need two permanent deputies. We seldom get more than one or two applications a week - a MOIIA and single deputy ought to be able to cope with that speedily enough.

If Real Life intervenes, then it seems reasonable that the MOIIA be given power to to appoint another temporary deputy to help with the processing; or to cover holidays etc.

If such a problem occurs in the future, I might sugget that the MOIIA "deptise" one of the admins. That would be the speediest method of all.

Am I an undesirable who you shall warn newbies to avoid?

Well, speaking personally I have never felt even the faintest stirring of desire in my loins towards you, so I will have to answer a resounding "yes".

Do you think admin powers should be mixed with executive?

As you may recall I stepped down as admin when I was elected delegate because I believe it puts too much power in the hands of one individual to have one person with access to the ban button and the admin CP. However, I do not see it as a problem for administrators to take up other cabinet positions.

In response to your first answer, you shall not have my vote as I cannot vote for such a shamefaced liar!

Good day sir!

Just to let folks know I will be off on a weeks camping next Monday. If you have any questions, it might be an idea to ask them over the next couple of days.

You have been considered to have a bad reputation in the North Pacific. However, you are also an administrator which would make it easier to mask new members.

My one question is: what do you believe is the appropriate wait for a new user?

You have been considered to have a bad reputation in the North Pacific. However, you are also an administrator which would make it easier to mask new members.

My one question is: what do you believe is the appropriate wait for a new user?

I Am not sure why you think I have a bad reputation; there are those who do not like me around the NS world but i thought my credit was pretty good in most places, and especially in this region.

On to the second part of your question...

I would aim to have admissions processed within 72 hours. My target would be 48 hours.

That is for straightforward applications. If the initial checks throw up problems, and particularly if we need to check with other regions, that deadline would have to be extended. If the processing would take more than 72 hours, I would expect to post a note in the application thread explaining that the applicant had not been forgotten. This has been Gaspo's practice too.

bloody camping bloody rain bloody clouds bloody mud bloody wet canvas bloody no bloody showers bloody storms bloody overcast bloody water bloody sound of bloody rain on bloody tent.

Back