Lord Valentine for MoEA

Friends,

This election comes at a time of crisis for the region. Our delegate has forsaken us, and calls for a paradigm shift seem louder than ever.

I stand as a member (albeit a Deputy) of what could be the penultimate elected government of the third republic. I've seen the chaos, the inactivity, the diplomatic isolation and political infighting of which we all stand guilty, but I have seen something else: I have seen the cabinet and the people band together against a common cause. I've seen TNP unified in removing Gatesville from our borders, and us coming together to keep the spammers from our homes.

If you elect me as MoEA, I shall use my previous diplomatic experience to help us ride the coming storm. We shall strengthen our ties with our old friends and once again rise to our former glory as the premier feeder region.

I can't pretend to see the future, I cannot see if or when this republic will end, but I can promise that if you elect me, I shall ensure that the Ministry of External Affairs, and through it the Diplomatic Corps shall continue to serve the region and her citizens, and will remain doing so until the great server itself is finally turned off.

Now, if you'll allow, I shall document my aims for this term.

1) Feeder unity is necessary now more than ever. I shall use my time in office to restrengthen our ties with our sister regions. Like all siblings we may never see eye to eye, but in times of crisis we must all stand together against the userite hordes.

2) Improved embassy support. The embassies seem to be once again used as a dumping ground for spam threads and diplomatic updates. I will attempt to improve both the quality of TNP diplomatic updates, and the level of interaction our ambassadors provide. I aim to have each of our major embassies working as cultural hubs around the multiverse, providing our friends with a first-hand look at the wonders of the North Pacific.

I shall also work with my Ambassador General to train new ambassadors to fill all our embassies and reach out to regions whom we may not have had contact with before.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have now.

I'm curious, in the first of your two numbered goals, it says that feeder unity is "unnecessary now more than ever", yet you then go on to talk about strengthening ties with other feeders. Am I correct in presuming a typo, or am I misreading?

Your second point sounds very promising. How do you plan on staffing embassies- will each ambassador take more than one embassy?

Also, what would your policy be towards userite regions?

Back