Petition to Ban ASCII Art

Joshua

TNPer
I have authored the following petition to present to the NS game moderators in hopes of getting ASCII art banned from advertisements. Please reply if you wish to ad your name to the petition. I hope you all will sign this petition. ^_^

Salutations NS Moderators,

We the undersigned recognize that the NS moderators provide valuable services to the players of NationStates, and we also recognize that they work extremely hard.

We humbly ask that the moderators of NationStates would consider banning any ASCII graphic from advertisements that are used in our beloved feeder regions (The North Pacific, The Pacific, The South Pacific, The West Pacific, The East Pacific, Lazarus and The Rejected Realms).

While we can never stop advertisements from gracing our RMB's, we can help to minimize their annoyance to the many inhabitants of the feeders who have to read these ads day and night. We strongly feel that while ASCII graphics are a fun novelty item, they serve no purpose in the long term. We firmly believe that they are an annoyance and a nuisance.

We the undersigned of this petition ask that the NS moderators ban ASCII graphic art from RMB advertisements.

Respectfully Yours,

Monte Ozarka (TNP)
Joshua (TNP/Lazarus)
Papercuts and Skittles (TWP)
Mavenu (TSP)
Winter Vacationers (TNP)
Isimud (TNP)
The culturally inept (The Pub)
Ananke (TNP)
Kandarin (TRR)
Pope Lexus X (Gatesville)
Biyah (TWP)
Misunderstood Blonds (TRR)
TAO (TWP, TNP, Lazarus, The Pacific)
Vrtbovska zahrada (TNP)
Lazega (Gatesville)
Byardkuria (TNP)
Infinite Loop (TEP)
Bhang Bhang Duc (TWP)
Fergi The Great
The Viking Warlords (Gatesville)
Northern Chittowa (Lazarus)
Dezzland (Lazarus)
No_State_At_All (Lazarus)
Geomania (TSP)
Mariadon (Lazarus)
Kingsteck (TWP)
Halmont (TWP)

Thanks WV and Isimud! The petition is posted on the forums for Lazarus, TRR, TSP, TNP, and TWP. Please pass the word to your friends! The more signatures we have the stronger this document will be. ^_^

If you get any names please send them to me or post them here. Thank you!

Ban ASCII art?!

/´¯/)
,/¯ /
/ /
/´¯/' '/´¯¯·¸
/'/ / / /¨¨ /¯
('( ´ ´ ¯&;/' ')
' /
'' _.·´
(

Well, someone had to do it.

EDIT: Hmm, that didn't work! Looks like it melted.

Thanks WV and Isimud! The petition is posted on the forums for Lazarus, TRR, TSP, TNP, and TWP. Please pass the word to your friends! The more signatures we have the stronger this document will be. ^_^

If you get any names please send them to me or post them here. Thank you!
Might I also suggest putting up a thread on NS Gameplay?

Am I alone in actually LIKING the AScii art? I think it is quite clever, and makes the RMB look a lot more interesting than just a load of text.

Besides which, if we accept the mantra that everyone has the right to play the game as they see fit, why not the ascii artists?

This thread was meant for folks to post if they were willing to sign there name to the petition. If you do not agree or do not wish to sign your name to it then thats fine. ^_^

But, do not spam this thread. We have other places where folks can do that. Thank you!

Ah. Discussion not allowed here. Gotcha.

Just to remind you, though, you posted this in nationstates discussions
Thank you Flem, I wasn't sure where else to post this on our forum. Anyways, keep the signatures coming. Pass the word! ^_^

It's a fine effort, but how can it be enforced? Furthermore, will the moderators ever care? Experience has shown that they don't and never will. But best hopes for you mate.

It's a fine effort, but how can it be enforced? Furthermore, will the moderators ever care? Experience has shown that they don't and never will. But best hopes for you mate.
It this was passed by the moderators I assume it would be the same as swearing or posting an recruitment ad more then once in a 24 hour period on a feeder RMB. And I know one more mod for sure will support this, given posts that I have read in the Jolt forum Fris seems to hate ASCII as well.

Thank you Byard for the support! ^_^

Back