Close of Semester Report

Board of Regents,

The first semester of The North Pacific University is coming to a close. We had a few problems during the semester but I have plans on overcoming these. We also saw that many things this semester were successful.

One problem I found is that many teachers failed to teach the classes for which they signed up for. I plan on making it clear to teachers this next semester that if you sign up you must be able to complete the class in the time scheduled.

Another problem had to do with inactivity as the semester came to a close. Students and teachers alike did not work on final assignments or exams and thus it was (is) difficult to get final grades. My solution to this is a more structured schedule.

A final problem was too little time seemed to be alloted for a semester. Teachers were unable to post their classes in the one month period and also have final exams. Therefore, I propose that the next semester be six weeks long, to give teachers more time to prepare and post classes while also allowing students to take part in longer class discussions.

For the first semester of the University, however, many things went as planned. Many of the classes were very in depth and well researched. Knowledge was shared amongst young and old nations alike. Nations came from foreign regions to take part in the University and share their knowledge as well. Hopefully the University will continue to attract students from abroad in subsequent semesters.

I believe that we should expect to need longer semesters until the course curriculum and lectures have been developed, and we can move past the sluggishness that initial preparation of courses seem to cause.

If this means we are not as ambitious to the number of courses for the first few terms, that might be a good thing. Eluvatar and I have discussion the NP Constitution course, but his schedule has been unpredictable, and I have not been available to offer much assistance for the firt semester. The primary demand on my time in RL this summer will be compleed within a week, and then we'll see where things stand.

Back