(A07) Class 3

The regional message board (RMB) is located on the region's main page in Nationstates. It is officially titled the region's "Civil Headquarters." It is a very simple message board. Nations in the region can post a plain text message which is then displayed for other nations to view. Messages can be viewed by anyone but only nations located in the region can post messages. Each message lists who sent it and how long ago it was sent. This form of communication is often popular in smaller regions for discussions on government, etc. when no offsite forum is present. In Feeder regions, it is popular for recruitment. Nations from user created regions enter a feeder and post a recruitment message on the regional message board in an effort to get new nations to join their region. This is called "AdSpam" and the following are the rules governing it:
Frisbeeteria:
AdSpam: Spamming other people's regional messageboards (RMB) with adverts for your region. The only places where you are allowed to put advertisements are:

* the Gameplay Forum (they will be deleted if posted elsewhere, as being polite hasn't worked),
    * The regional messageboards of the game-created regions
          o Feeder regions, defined as The Pacific, The North Pacific, The East Pacific, The South Pacific, and The West Pacific. Note that it is not legal to advertise in copycat regions like "West Pacific",
          o The Rejected Realms and Lazarus,
          o Official Warzones.
      And even then, don't over-do it. One ad per advertised region (NOT per posting nation) in any 24-hour period is the rule. Don't post if an ad for your region is still visible, even if it's been more than 24 hours.
    * Recruitment telegrams may be sent to residents of game-created regions. No 24-hour rule here - one per nation, period.
    * Sending unsolicited recruitment telegrams to nations outside of game-created regions is not permitted.
    * RMB Ads are allowed in player-created regions if and only if the World Factbook Entry says they're allowed. Whomever controls the WFE may set regional policy towards ads.

Regional message board use for governments is, however, declining in large regions where it is replaced by offsite forums. A recent movement by the Ministry of Communications, however, is trying to change that in The North Pacific. The RMB Post-a-thon run by Monte Ozarka is a competition to see who can post the most non-adspam on The North Pacific RMB. The post establishing the rules reads:
Monte Ozarka:
You know how everyone loves to talk and talk and get their postcounts waaaay high here on this forum? Let's do the same thing on the RMB. Therefore, may I introduce the RMB Post-a-thon!

From, uh, when this post is made, I'll start keeping track of the number of times people post on the RMB in every week. The person who posts the most that week will receive a Silver Quill pin for their sig and whatnot. A Gold Quill can be worn in lieu of every five awards. As usual, resize and wear as you wish. :)

I'll be posting a table of the top RMB posters every week. Heavens forbid you make fewer posts than recruiters! Oh the shame, oh the ignominy...

Silver Quill:
silver_quill.png

Gold Quill:
gold_quill.png

(P.S. I was trying to make a trophy out of a can of SPAM in Photoshop. Alas, my PS-fu is too weak. :()

So this lesson's assignment for class participation is to post at least once over the next week on The North Pacific's RMB.

Back