(A07) Class 2

I apologize for how late this is.

Now, on to the class.

Telegrams are a very primitive form of communication in Nationstates. Abbreviated "TM," or more commonly, "TG," they are built in the code of the Nationstates game itself. Any nation can telegram any other nation, regardless of their region of residence. All one must do is click on the nation and type a message in the text box at the bottom of the page. Clicking "Send!" will then send this message to the nation whose page you were typing on.

Telegrams are also sent from the administrator(s) or moderator(s) to nations for rule breaking or other reasons. The United Nations will send messages to nations when a resolution has been passed that will affect the member nation. These UN messages are generated by the code in the game. The game will also notify you through telegrams if you are ejected from a region.

Telegrams are the only official form of private communication built into the Nationstates code. Recently a form of spell check was also added to telegrams and can be used by clicking the Spell Check button prior to sending the message.
[
Telegrams cannot be changed or deleted by the sender once sent. There is also a limit of 15 messages at once which can be kept in one's inbox. Messages cannot be recovered once deleted.

Telegrams are often used in feeder regions to recruit nations to user created regions. This "adSpam" is an alternative to posting on the regional messageboard in a feeder region to recruit nations. It is generally preferred by feeder governments since it does not clutter the RMB (regional message board).

For this class's participation grade, please prepare for the next lesson regarding the Regional Message Board (RMB) which is the messageboard on the region page of Nationstates. Post 2 messages on the board this week about any topic and then post here when you have done so.

O.k well yestaday I announced that I had passed the 2 billion mark on the RMB and got several congratulations.

Today I also posted about the sucess of Hethrum(my region) in gaining membership of the Founderless Region Alliance, something i had been personally handling on the FRA forum. RMBs are good for long term effecting messages when you know that they wont be replaced by something less inportant.

Back