Minister Arts & Entertainment

Right. It's been quite a while now, certainly the limit has passed, since we've last seen our dear mate. When last we inquired of his whereabouts he did seem to pop in again for a bit, but as retrospect has panned out it was only an illusion of still being around. No posts, no "hi I'm alright", no notice of lack of death, no word, no nothing. So now it is about time we start the process of striking Monumental Proportion off the minister nameplate and go about looking for a new fish. Comments? Any suggestions? Please let's hear.

Take a look at section 3 of TNP Law 17:

TNP Law 17:
Section 3. Removal of a Cabinet-level positionholder due to inactivity.
A - As used in this section, “inactivity” refers to the failure of the holder of a Cabinet-level position to log into his or her forum user account at the official off-site Regional forum for more than 14 consecutive days without prior public notice, or prior private notice to the Prime Minister and the Deputy Minister of the particular Ministry.
B - When the holder of a Cabinet-level position becomes inactive, the Prime Minister may thereafter present a motion to the Cabinet to remove the inactive position-holder from office. If the Prime Minister is inactive, then any other Minister may present a motion to the Cabinet.
C - If a majority of the Cabinet vote in favor of the motion, the inactive position-holder is removed from office. If the inactive position-holder logs into his or her forum user account at any time before the motion is presented, the position-holder may resume their active status in office as if the inactivity had not occurred.
D - The vacancy procedures of Section 2 shall apply in the event of removal of a Minister. In the event of the removal of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, or the Prime Minister due to inactivity, then the provisions of the Constitution concerning a vacancy in that office shall apply.

Korinna is deputy MoAE, so once this process is completed, Korinna becomes MoAE and would have to appoint a new Deputy.

Take a look at section 3 of TNP Law 17:

TNP Law 17:
Section 3. Removal of a Cabinet-level positionholder due to inactivity.
A - As used in this section, “inactivity” refers to the failure of the holder of a Cabinet-level position to log into his or her forum user account at the official off-site Regional forum for more than 14 consecutive days without prior public notice, or prior private notice to the Prime Minister and the Deputy Minister of the particular Ministry.
B - When the holder of a Cabinet-level position becomes inactive, the Prime Minister may thereafter present a motion to the Cabinet to remove the inactive position-holder from office. If the Prime Minister is inactive, then any other Minister may present a motion to the Cabinet.
C - If a majority of the Cabinet vote in favor of the motion, the inactive position-holder is removed from office. If the inactive position-holder logs into his or her forum user account at any time before the motion is presented, the position-holder may resume their active status in office as if the inactivity had not occurred.
D - The vacancy procedures of Section 2 shall apply in the event of removal of a Minister. In the event of the removal of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, or the Prime Minister due to inactivity, then the provisions of the Constitution concerning a vacancy in that office shall apply.

Korinna is deputy MoAE, so once this process is completed, Korinna becomes MoAE and would have to appoint a new Deputy.
I am aware of the North Pacific Legal Code, Grosse, and in fact I did look up the section on vacancies and inactivity just prior to forming the OP. For super-technicality, right now we're doing something illegal, since the 14 Days Full Two Weeks Every Day 24 Hours Long Exactly That's 14 Days Without Logging In Once At All (spirit of the law? No no, we're TNPers, it's only letter for us please) has not yet passed. Last Activity: Jun 14 2007, 04:34 AM (UMT). Technically we'll need to wait two days. But 1) He didn't do anything then, and the last time we've really heard head nor hide nor hind from the fellow was sometime in May (see OP), and 2) He's not likely to show up anyway. So, yeah, he's pretty much gone. Enough waiting to see if he'll come back any minute now, there's ministerial polo shirts to be monogrammed.

Korinna is the new fish? Wonderful.

Well the 14 days are up. Should we begin the process of removal. I am ready to take over if we do.

I think you have to file a motion to vote on his removal to get things rolling Mr. Prime Minister.

Oh and by the way guys it's TNP Law 16, not TNP Law 17. :P

I think you have to file a motion to vote on his removal to get things rolling Mr. Prime Minister.
But.... but... isn't it... isn't it clear from what I've posted... that....

*explodes*

Fine. Consider this a motion to begin a motion to have a second and fourth to vote on his removal to (should that succeed) begin a finding a placement to replace the Minister to vote on said suitably chosen suitable replacement to replace the Minister with a replacement to get the administrative process going with all due haste. But not *too* much haste, as it would spoil supper.

Back