Inquiry about current UN Resolutions

Dignified members of the North Pacific, venerable Prime Minister Upper Kirby, venerable UN Delegate Dalimbar.

We salute you. We would like to send you our inquiry about the vote of our respected delegate concerning the last UN resolution "For the Benefit of Artists". We were not able to follow a relevant discussion in the halls of the North Pacific institutions and the - alas, more than understandable - bureaucracy of the UN seems to make it difficult for us to gain access to this information through UN channels.

Grasping this opportunity we would like to also inquire about the procedural agreements, within the legal parameters of the North Pacific code and constitution, concerning individual votes of nation members of the North Pacific region potentially conflicting with the vote of the UN Delegate of the North Pacific. Does the North Pacific region vote for or against UN resolutions with one, and only one, voice? The legal department of our newly reorganized Palaiologian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not been able to pinpoint the - for this question - relevant paragraphs.

We ask Tyche to keep you and save you and give you success in the service of our dear region and your individual nations.

With the utmost respect and by decree of HM Demetrios Palaiologos.

Thank you for your inquiry. To answer, every UN Nation is allowed by game coding to vote in UN Resolutions. I can not in any way restrict you from voting, as that is a coding matter which can't be tampered with by off-site forum legislation, laws, edicts or what have you. However, in UN Resolution votes, I as Delegate when I vote I actually have 326 votes, as per the number of endorsements I have at the time of voting.

Vote however you want, that is your sovereign right as an independent nation. However, I vote by how the region tells me to do so, by sending me their opinions either via here on the forums or to my inbox on the main site.

For the record, I did unfortunately miss the last vote by a few hours I believe because of real life provincial exam stuff. Thus, in effect, we abstained.

Dalimbar/Chodean Kal,
UN Delegate of The North Pacific.

Reverent Delegate Dalimbar.

We thank you for your replies. We will forward them to our Ministry of FA and support you in the future in any way possible to us.

With the utmost respect and by decree of HM Demetrios Palaiologos.

Back