Judicial Review

Kuldon

TNPer
Is this where I apply for a Judicial Review?

The Kingdom of Kuldon formally requests a Judicial Review concerning its recent expulsion and banning from the North Pacific. It is the opinion of this government that it has done nothing to warrant such action on the part of the Regional Government.

Notwithstanding this, the Kingdom of Kuldon is no longer a member of the United Republic and is no longer involved in the Alliance of Nations. The Kingdom of Kuldon has never been party to or in support of an armed insurrection against the government of the North Pacific or of any legally elected government.

As for the accusation of registering multiple nations on this forum, this sovereign has addressed that previously. The request by Draikia was withdrawn prior to the request of Kuldon and Draikia left the North Pacific prior to Kuldon joining the North Pacific. There was never any attempt to register multiple nations.

Thank you for acknowledging my earlier post. I was unsure where to make the request.

In a precedent setting case in the East Pacific which I was involved in, the court established the requirements for bail (allowing a nation to return to the region under certain conditions.)

If it pleases the court, I request an order removing the ban against me so that Kuldon may return to the North Pacific pending the outcome of this review. Kuldon is no longer a U.N. nation and does not pose a threat to the security of the region.

I would like to remind the court that this is The North Pacific, and do not have the same laws and customs as The East Pacific. We are separate and sovereign jurisdictions, and the decisions of foreign bodies of law should not be a factor in the decision of this court.

I would like to remind the court that this is The North Pacific, and do not have the same laws and customs as The East Pacific. We are separate and sovereign jurisdictions, and the decisions of foreign bodies of law should not be a factor in the decision of this court.
*turns around nameplate*
*reads "Associate Justice, Court of The North Pacific"*

Oh, well, thanks for the gentle reminder. And thanks to FH for free private lessons in elementary judicial basics.

( TNP Court Ruling):
ENTERED THIS 23rd DAY OF JUNE, TWO THOUSAND SEVEN

Before the Court of The North Pacific, Associate Justice Leland Gaunt presiding

Judicial Ruling in the request for Judicial Review by Kuldon

The expulsion of the nation "Kuldon" by Delegate Dalimbar (nation Chodean Kal) based on the Security Concil decision was justified and correct. The nation exposed a potential immediate threat to our region.

The banning of the nation "Kuldon" by Delegate Dalimbar (nation Chodean Kal) based on the Security Concil decision was justified and correct at the time of expulsion. The nation exposed a potential immediate threat to our region when still holding a UN member status.

The continued banning of the nation "Kuldon" is not justified and shall be removed with immediate effect. The Constitution of The North Pacific has a strong emphasis on nation's rights, especially on the limitation of expulsion and banning of nations. By no longer holding a UN member status the nation "Kuldon" no longer represents an immediate threat to our region. Extensive limitation of nation's rights like longer or unlimited banning is not covered by the authority of the Security Council.

The right to further prosecute behaviour of the nation or the player "Kuldon" by appropriate means based on TNP Constitution and TNP Law remains unaffected by this court ruling.

Signed,

Leland Gaunt
Associate Justice of The North Pacific

Back