Applications for Semester 01

tnpu1xu4.jpg

Semester: 01
Starts: June 17, 2007
Ends: July 8, 2007

Please use the following template to apply for an academic program. See relevant threads in this forum for more information.

Nation Name:
Region of residence:

Type of Academic Program: AoNS, BoNS, Accelerated BoNS*, or DoNS
Major (if not AoNS): May be undeclared

Desired Courses: List course numbers only, see Course Catalogue in this forum for more information

* - If you sign up for the Accelerated BoNS program, please also list the amount of time you've been playing Nationstates.

Please use the following template to apply for individual courses outside of an academic program.

Nation Name:
Region of residence:

Desired Courses: List course numbers only, see Course Catalogue in this forum for more information

Please remember, those pursuing a Military Service major you must take half their BoNS credits with the NPMA. Please see this thread for your choice of courses.

Nation Name: Commonwealth of Samek
Region of residence: The North Pacific

Type of Academic Program: AoNS

Desired Courses: A01, A03

Nation Name: Commonwealth of Samek

Desired Courses: A01, A03
You have been accepted and will receive more information a few days before classes open.

Nation Name: The Holy Empire of Vacilo

Desired Courses: A01, A03, A04

Nation Name: Kuldon

Desired Courses:
A01, A02, A03, A04, A06

Nation Name: Kuldon

Desired Courses:
A01, A02, A03, A04, A06
You have been accepted and will receive more information a few days before classes open.

Please note, however, that A02 requires that A01 have already been taken, so you will not be able to take that course your first semester. You may take it your second semester, however.

Nation Name: Monte Ozarka
Region of residence: TNP

Type of Academic Program: Accelerated BoNS--been playing on and off in a variety of roles since March 2004
Major: Military Service, for now

Desired Courses: A04, E01

Nation Name: Monte Ozarka

Type of Academic Program: Accelerated BoNS--been playing on and off in a variety of roles since March 2004
Major: Military Service, for now

Desired Courses: A04, E01

Also, because you have a Military Service major you must take half your BoNS credits with the NPMA. Please see this thread for your choice of courses. You must complete 9 of your BoNS credits with those courses to earn the BoNS certification.

Nation Name: The Eastern Skies
Region of Residence: TNP

Type of Academic Program: BoNS
Major: Military Service

Desired Courses:A04, E01, B05

Nation Name: North Harmoneia

Type of Academic Program: Accelerated BoNS -- I've been playing NS for years now, and during those years, I've also held various positions having to do with military, foreign services, interior work, etc..

Desired Courses: B04, D02

I assume you mean accelerated BoNS (otherwise you'd have to take the AoNS program first). In which case, you have been accepted and will receive more information a few days before classes open.

Nation Name: North Harmoneia

Type of Academic Program: Accelerated BoNS -- I've been playing NS for years now, and during those years, I've also held various positions having to do with military, foreign services, interior work, etc..

Desired Courses: B04, D02

You have been accepted and will receive more information a few days before classes open. However, you may not take the D02 course until you complete your BoNS certification. So you may want to choose another course to take this semester.

Also, because you both have a Military Service major you must take half your BoNS credits with the NPMA. Please see this thread for your choice of courses. You must complete 9 of your BoNS credits with those courses to earn the BoNS certification.

I assume you mean accelerated BoNS (otherwise you'd have to take the AoNS program first). In which case, you have been accepted and will receive more information a few days before classes open.
Yes, I meant accelerated BoNS.

I myself will sign up for a Academic Program. I also again encourage all teachers to sign up for Academic Programs as well (as long as they take courses they are not teaching).

Nation Name: Ator People

Type of Academic Program: Accelerated BoNS (I've played NS for nearly 4 years)

Major: Undeclared

Desired Courses: B04, B08

Nation Name: AP3 10
Region of residence: Hethrum

Desired Courses:
(A01)
(A03)
(A04)
(B03)
(E07)

I have been active for 323 days, with much of that spent in my current region.
I am about to hand over interim leadership powers of this region to an elected chair and was interested by your sevice. I would like to be able to gain new skills and understanding of NS and in turn help my region. Is an academic program suited for me?

Nation Name: AP3 10
Region of residence: Hethrum

Desired Courses:
(A01)
(A03)
(A04)
(B03)
(E07)

I have been active for 323 days, with much of that spent in my current region.
I am about to hand over interim leadership powers of this region to an elected chair and was interested by your sevice. I would like to be able to gain new skills and understanding of NS and in turn help my region. Is an academic program suited for me?
The Accelerated BoNS program would be good for you I think, in which case you have been accepted and will receive more information a few days before classes open.

Nation Name:Brooksadice
Region of residence:UROCA

Desired Courses: A01, A02, A03, A04, A06

Nation Name: Imperfectia
Region of residence: Uroca

Type of Academic Program: Accelerated BoNS* (have been on NS for over 2 years, foudned two regions, and held numerous regional government positions, mostly dealing with FR)
Major: Diplomacy

Desired Courses: B05, B08, E01

*pokes Ator to actually add me to the enrollment list for each individual class :P*
Don't worry, I will. I have everything on a very complex excel sheet on my computer and when I tell someone they're accepted they've already been added to that list.

Imperfectia and Brooksadice, you are both accepted and will receive more information a few days before classes open.

However, Brooksadice you cannot take A02 without having first taken A01. Next semester you can take it though.

Attention:

I have another class open this semester for anyone interested in taking it. Below is the description, and it is already in the catalogue.

Communication I (A07) – [Ator People] This class will discuss the different modes of communication between nations and between regions. Grades will be determined by class participation. 3 credits

Ok, I'm fine with taking A02 next semester. I might go on vacation sometime towards the end of the semester, will I be able to finish the class? I am won't mind doing work early to finish, but how will that affect the teaching of the class?

Ok, I'm fine with taking A02 next semester. I might go on vacation sometime towards the end of the semester, will I be able to finish the class? I am won't mind doing work early to finish, but how will that affect the teaching of the class?
I'm sure that will be fine. Just speak with your instructor during that time and they'll be able to make sure you can get the lessons early.

Also, if you wanted to finish your certification this semester you could take A07.

Yeah, I'll take A07 and then I can move on to the things I want to take next semester.

If it's not too late to apply, then I'd like to.

Nation Name: Southwest Asia
Region of residence: The North Pacific/The Grenvali United

Type of Academic Program:Accelerated BoNS [I think I've been in NS for 3 years now...?]
Major: History

Desired Courses: B02. B08, D11

If it's not too late to apply, then I'd like to.

Nation Name: Southwest Asia
Region of residence: The North Pacific/The Grenvali United

Type of Academic Program:Accelerated BoNS [I think I've been in NS for 3 years now...?]
Major: History

Desired Courses: B02. B08, D11
You are accepted and will receive more information a few days before classes open.

However, you cannot take the a "D" level course until you have earned at least one certification.

Also, I have updated classes for everyone else who added a course to their Academic Program.

Nation Name: El Castillo

Desired Courses: B08, B01, E01
Would you like to be part of an Academic Program as well? There really is no extra work, just the possibility of continuing your studies to earn a Certification.

Back