Office of the Minister

I applied for an embassy almost 6 days ago and i still havnt been approved or denied
We are aware of your embassy, and once the Delegate has selected a Foreign Minister, hopefully they will be able to respond to you quickly. We're sorta in the midst of an election period right now. Hope you can understand :) :ADN:

*Holy crap, that dust is about everywhere.*

Hello again. :)

Terra Nova, we're sorry that we could review your request only so lately. TNP hopes that you will enjoy your time here, nevertheless!

I plan on keeping a policy which some might call severe regarding unactive embassies. Meaning that we're going to close embassies which have been unactive for 3 months, with a previous note one week before. Re-opening can be done easily in the thread for embassy applications.
New embassies will be granted to virtually every region, off the top of my head I can't think of circumstances in which we would deny this, even though I don't want to exclude the possibility.

I'm looking forward to welcoming new people to my staff (which for the moment consists of...me, basically, so we're a bit undermanned), I need every helping hand I can get. Ambassador posts in far away and exotic regions with all you would ever want of a region will never be available so easily again! Actually, I would like to see as many members as possible becoming diplomats. And I wouldn't mind seeing the other ministers/high officials taking care of at least one "symbolic" embassy as well.

As for the deputy minister, I have some people in mind, I'll give you further notice in due time.

Establishing and keeping the friendly future and existing relations our cute region has with nearly every corner of NS is my goal. I can only stress again that past events should be just that, past events, and should not affect our present relations.

Hello again...

Seeing that I'll go on holiday tomorrow for at least 3 weeks (to the US East Coast, first time in the US!) and will have very limited access to internet (and that I'm not committed enough anyway at this point), I would like to announce the end of my short-lived term.

*steps down*

I'll let the task of choosing a replacement for me to Eluvatar.

It has been wonderful being with you all again . :)

Why go to the US? Britain is much nicer. We have bigger mountains, wider lakes, bluer skies and rosier cheeks. The women are all beautiful, and the men all athletic and handsome. We often hold impromptu street parties, just to celebrate the fact that we are lucky enough to have been born British.

In fact, back in 1776 we had to fight a war to keep some colonists in the US. They rebelled, saying "This place is not nearly as nice as Britain; we want to go home". The redcoats were firm: "No - Your place is here. It may be inferior in every respect to Britain, but you will have to make the best of it." There was a war, but in the end Britain won - which is why the colonists stayed. However, they named nearly all their cities and towns after British places, so that they would always be reminded of home.

A sad story, as you will agree, but it all goes to prove that Britain is best.

Frankly, if you are going to be in the US, and take time to visit Mum, you ought to swing by my place as well. It's only an extra 1015 miles to the west. By that time, you'd have driven across Britain what, 800 times? And seen BOTH of it's attractions!

Hi, I'm from TNR. I applied for an embassy a few days ago (in the "Want an Embassy" thread) and haven't heard back. Please respond!
Thanks!
~Staro

Previous Minister moved on.

I now have appointed Great Bights Mum as Minister of External Affairs, hopefully we can work together to get things in order over here.

Thank you for appointing me, Eluvatar. I am hopeful I can put all of our foreign relations in order. If we have learned anything from our difficulties of the past, it is how important our friends and allies are to us.

Back