Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
RA2: Enumeration of Prohibited Acts:
Enumeration of Prohibited Acts

The following acts shall be illegal for Nations of The North Pacific, in both the NationStates region "The North Pacific" and on the off-site forum, unless specifically specified otherwise. Other laws subsequently passed that pertain to these crimes shall modify the articles herein.

Section 1: Treason
A - "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allied groups and regions as governed by the Constitution.
B - Exceptions may be given to North Pacific Army and North Pacific Intelligence Agency members, with the consent of and notification by the Minister of Defense or NPIA Director, respectively, when on officially sanctioned missions.

Section 2: Espionage
A - "Espionage" is defined as the use of a Nation or Persona within The North Pacific for the purpose of gathering information for a group or region not officially sanctioned by the lawful government of The North Pacific as governed by the Constitution.
B - The information gathered must be of a nature that a person that has not registered on the official forums or has not attained Regional Assembly status would be unable to access it without circumventing real-life legal means.
C - Exceptions may be given to North Pacific Army and North Pacific Intelligence Agency members, with the consent of and notification by the Minister of Defense or NPIA Director, respectively, when on officially sanctioned missions.

Section 3: Sedition
A - "Sedition" is defined as an intentional attempt on the official forums or within the NationStates region "The North Pacific" to incite the Nations of The North Pacific to revolt in a manner not sanctioned by the Constitution.

Section 4: Election Fraud
A - "Election fraud" is defined as the willful deception of voters or residents of The North Pacific with regards to the candidates running, the time and venue of the elections, or the requirements and methods by which one may be eligible to vote or run for office.

This is now up for formal discussion.

The author of this bill is Monte Ozarka.

The vote on this bill, as modified, will begin between May 22 and June 5th-- I will be consulting with Monte Ozarka and others contributors for the specific time next week.

Right, 1.B of this bill overides the need for 2.E in the other one IMO.

Also, could the Sedition section be removed or better explained?

I mean, what exactly does it forbid?

The last section of this draft bill may be in conflict with the provisions for election crimes already enacted as part of TNP Law 5; and in any event, I believe it would be better for that proposed section be added to Section 7 of TNP Law 5:

TNP Law 5:
Section 7. Violations

A - Any person found to have cast more than one vote, through one or more Nations, shall have their votes invalidated, and if the votes were cast using more than one UN member Nation, the Election Commissioners shall report such fact to the NationStates Moderators as evidence of UN Multiing.
B - Outright endorsement swapping with respect to the election of the UN Delegate and Vice Delegate is prohibited.
C - Slander of any candidates for office, including the incumbents of such offices, or of other Nations is prohibited.
D - Violation of the provisions in this Constitution or The North Pacific Legal Code on the part of any candidate for election will result in a immediate review by the Attorney General to determine if charges should be filed under Article V of this Constitution, and may include the possibility that a regional ban may be imposed in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution or The North Pacific Legal Code.

To clear it up, "election fraud" deals with lying about the election process itself, rather than about an individual candidate.

Ooohoo! You'd better look at the last section of this article. :pinch:

A - "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allied groups and regions as governed by the Constitution.
B - Exceptions may be given to North Pacific Army and North Pacific Intelligence Agency members, with the consent of and notification by the Minister of Defense or NPIA Director, respectively, when on officially sanctioned missions.

Effectively section B give the NPIA the authority to overthrow the government. :lol:

You should add a clause to "B" to indicate for "the purposes of preserving regional security and the Constitution, etc.," or something like that. I just don't like the open-ended wording of that one. :duh:

Carefull rewording of that needs to be taken into consideration.

R

How about this, Roman?

RA2: Enumeration of Prohibited Acts:
Enumeration of Prohibited Acts

The following acts shall be illegal for Nations of The North Pacific, in both the NationStates region "The North Pacific" and on the off-site forum, unless specifically specified otherwise. Other laws subsequently passed that pertain to these crimes shall modify the articles herein.

B - Exceptions may be given to North Pacific Army and North Pacific Intelligence Agency members, with the consent of and notification by both: 1) the Minister of Defense or NPIA Director, respectively, and 2) the Prime Minister. This exception is only valid when on officially sanctioned missions for the purposes of preserving regional security and the Constitution.

Section 2: Espionage
A - "Espionage" is defined as the use of a Nation or Persona within The North Pacific for the purpose of gathering information for a group or region not officially sanctioned by the lawful government of The North Pacific as governed by the Constitution.
B - The information gathered must be of a nature that a person that has not registered on the official forums or has not attained Regional Assembly status would be unable to access it without circumventing real-life legal means.
C - Exceptions may be given to North Pacific Army and North Pacific Intelligence Agency members, with the consent of and notification by the Minister of Defense or NPIA Director, respectively, when on officially sanctioned missions.

Section 3: Sedition
A - "Sedition" is defined as an intentional attempt on the official forums or within the NationStates region "The North Pacific" to incite the Nations of The North Pacific to revolt in a manner not sanctioned by the Constitution.

Section 4: Election Fraud
A - "Election fraud" is defined as the willful deception of voters or residents of The North Pacific with regards to the candidates running, the time and venue of the elections, or the requirements and methods by which one may be eligible to vote or run for office.

EDIT: Can I also get a subquorum of support for this thing?

If you noticed I said this was exempt to that >__>.

Without objection (before the next day rolls around or so..) I'll just put this to a vote.

With objection I guess I will wait for subquorum, in which case I add my nomination to this bill.

Back