Wanted: Teachers

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
As some of you may be aware there is this little University project that we, collectively have been working towards for over a year. Well, we're getting there but as it is we need teachers! I ask anyone who thinks their qualified to teach a course to post here with your intent to teach, the classes you want to teach, and your qualifications.

Here are the classes we need filled...

Introduction to Nationstates I - Still Open [Monte Ozarka- only if needed]

Introduction to Nationstates II - Still Open [Monte Ozarka- only if needed]

The Nationstates United Nations, An Introduction - Filled [carlottaguidicelli]

Introduction to Defending/Invading - Filled [Scardino]

TNP History I

Issues, what are they? - Filled [Emperor Matthuis]

Communication I

Writing NSUN Resolutions I

TNP Constitution

Defending I - Filled [Ator People]

Invading I - Filled [Scardino]

Diplomacy I

TNP History II

TNP History III

NS World History I

History of NS Resolutions I

History of NS Resolutions II

History of NS Resolutions III

Defending II - Filled [Ator People] [Monte Ozarka]

Invading II - Filled [Scardino]

Diplomacy II

NS World History II

Advanced NS World History

NS Intelligence I

NS Intelligence II

Passing a NSUN Resolution

The Power of Democracy in Nationstates

Nationstates Regional Analysis

TNP Law I - Filled [Byardkuria]

TNP Law II

Pacific Politics - Filled [Vitrionia]

Government Types

Defense/Invading Lab - Filled [Ator People]

Vexillology

Cartography

NS Role Playing

Forums and their Importance in NS - Filled [Monte Ozarka]

Forums and their Importance in NS II - Filled [Monte Ozarka]

Independent Study - Filled [Soigacas]

I'll do United Nations, An Introduction.

Alright then.

Oh, one thing, that third class, would it be the Defense/Invading Lab or the Intro. to Invading/Defending?
I'll do the lab.

I'll also take Introduction to Nationstates I and Communication I if you need people for those.

And I forgot to post qualifications: Played NS for a few years (I can't remember if it was three or four). I've been delegate of player-created regions. I've been involved in the TNP region, government, and forum ever since the constitutional convention. For defense: Before TNP I was in an ADN member region and participated in ADN defense missions. I have been an active member of the NPA ever since my first months here. I am currently a General of the NPA and Minister of Defense for the second time.

Er. How are you breaking down the history classes? Chronologically or by level of depth of analysis? Seems like the way classes are broken up (or aren't) would force people to specialize in entire topics at once.

I'll take Forums and their Importance in NS I and II. I'd also be willing to help Ator People out on Defending II. If you need people to fill it, I'd also be willing to take Introduction to NationStates I and II.

It is wonderful that our new Minister of Culture and Education wants to do the Chancellor's job, but he is the chair of the Board of Regents, and he's needed to chair the board's vote on a new Chancellor. (Just in case he hasn't heard that Flemingovia has resigned as Chancellor due to Flem's lack of time.)

In the Chancellor's absence I am stepping in. As it is, we are making progress by at least confirming that we will have enough people willing to fill these positions, if the Board of Regents or their Chancellor want to review those candidates, by all means, they can do so when the time is right. In the mean while we are making a step in the right direction towards opening a functional University. I hope no one has any objections to progress and the ultimate fulfillment of a year long goal...

I will allow you to register me as the professor of the following classes. Select those of which you feel my expertise to be best suited, if you will.

Introduction to Defending/Invading (Biased though it may be)
Invading I
Invading II
Advanced Invading: Mastery of Tactics

You do know that as of right now we don't have an Advanced Invading: Mastery of Tactics class, right Scar? :P

Monte Ozarka:
Er. How are you breaking down the history classes? Chronologically or by level of depth of analysis? Seems like the way classes are broken up (or aren't) would force people to specialize in entire topics at once.

I was going to leave that up to the teacher but I suppose I (or the Board of Regents or the Chancellor, I really don't care who does it) could make up some sort of curriculum for those classes.

Soigacas:
Heh, I was sort of joking about the Independent Study

:fish:

In the Chancellor's absence I am stepping in. As it is, we are making progress by at least confirming that we will have enough people willing to fill these positions, if the Board of Regents or their Chancellor want to review those candidates, by all means, they can do so when the time is right. In the mean while we are making a step in the right direction towards opening a functional University. I hope no one has any objections to progress and the ultimate fulfillment of a year long goal...

It's great to actually see someone doing something... :)

I agree. The university seems to have been bogged down by lack of interest from the board. Hopefully this will blow some life back into it.

I would be willing to teach Diplomacy I and NS Intelligence I as well. Though I will start traveling this Wednesday until early June. I finally have time off and plan on enjoying it. ^_^ I will resume normal activity after that. :w00t:

Okay, the plan is to open the University as soon as possible! So, in order to do that we need a few more teachers to fill the courses needed to start up classes. The following are the courses that most need teachers:

Introduction to Nationstates I
Introduction to Nationstates II
TNP History I
Communication I
Writing NSUN Resolutions I
TNP Constitution
Diplomacy I
TNP History II
TNP History III
NS World History I
History of NS Resolutions (covers first third of resolutions)
History of NS Resolutions (covers second third of resolutions)
History of NS Resolutions(covers third third of resolutions)

Please consider teaching a class!

I can teach shit, if people are willing to listen to me >_>
Did you hear something?

You know we love you, Gaspo. :kiss:

If you can't find anyone to teach the intro to NS classes, you can send them to The Pacific. We would be happy to teach them. :P

Edit: Okay, after letting the guilt of it all eat at me for a while...

If you can't fill the Intro Classes and if the Uni actually happens, I'll type up a few things for the intro to NS classes.

Seeing as the defending classes are filled, I'd be willing to teach Diplomacy classes, but if someone who is more capable is up to the job, then I'd be willing to give way. ^_^

I'd be willing to go for teaching the TNP Constitution classes, but it will probably be the end of June before I can give it attention. I've something in RL that has to be finished first; and after that I can look to teaching.

Willing teach TNP Constitution class, might be the type to rip Plato's Republic in half and scream "Plato's a Fascist!" though.

Back