Hullo cobblers

Yes yes start of a new term, new times, new things to discuss. How is everyone? Qualified, yes, I'm sure, yes? Bright-eyed and eager for some omnipartisan cooperative public- welfare- promotioning?

Emperor Matthuis --you were Haor Chall's deputy. But first, specifically, you were in the Merit-ACCEL-Gatesville-Equilism-TRR-Uroca group for embassy staff. How did that go? What's our current status with those regions? Any changes over the last many months? Importantly, what is our level of contact with them? Do we, the people of each region, have a meaningful relationship or are they just blips on a radar screen to us? Are our embassies inactive, and if they are does anyone over there care? Why did your predecessor choose to organize the DC group assignments in that way? More broadly once more, what was the MoEA like under Haor Chall's term? Did the deputy have a big role or little role then, or was the minister "very hands on" (i.e. controlling), what was Joe Schmoe involvement in that Ministry like?

Monumental Proportions - How's the MoEA at the beginning of this term? What do you plan to do about the spam? I'm liking some of Vitrionia's proposal in Suggestion Box, what are your thoughts? Is the forum structure adequately served or are spam games quashing room out from more.. well-rounded threads?

Blue Wolf -aside from finding and grooming a deputy, what can we expect to see on the Culturescope? What education will you give us, what is the status of the university what's been the holdup on that what needs to be given a nudge in the right direction? What's the fine line between your ministry and the MoAE? How is our northern culture doing and how shall we nurture and celebrate it?

Byardkuria - my man. High five, buddy.

Gaspo - Immigration and involvement-getting, domestic intelligence, or pencil-pushing RA managing? Those are your bullet points under the constitution, which area can we expect the most from you in? A repeated concern, such as during some of the Lexicon tiffs, is smughumps sneaking in the RA to cheat our democratic process. No guff, what's the reality there? Is that a serious concern we should have, or have we pretty much always been on the ball on that one? Lastly, the MoIIA is given a very special place of trust as part of its job. How necessary do you think that trust is?

Ator People - How's the army? The regalia is quite spiffy, but if I may be so bold we seem to be lacking in the "things to do" department. Recruitment drive is one thing, we'll need new ideas to get enlistment quotas. And what about our military coordination with other governments to stop invasions? What's the state of homeland security? Are we safe?

Upper Kirby - What the hell do you think you're doing here?

Monte Ozarka - How be those typing wings? What are you thoughts on the MoC? You are both our strongest arm and a mouth servant to all others --how do you see effective MoEA/MoAE/MoCE cooperation? Doable? Possible? Stick to your own guns? Tell me about the MiniCommaStry. I wanna hear your thinkings.

DalChall Haorlimbar - How safe is this region? What's our delegate's social agenda for this term?

Everyone else within earshot or with something particular to say please pipe in at your earliest leisure.

As Speaker I'm probably going to be making alot of hubbub in the legislative department, just putting that out here.

*Eluvatar gets to work on that.

Blue Wolf -aside from finding and grooming a deputy, what can we expect to see on the Culturescope? What education will you give us, what is the status of the university what's been the holdup on that what needs to be given a nudge in the right direction? What's the fine line between your ministry and the MoAE? How is our northern culture doing and how shall we nurture and celebrate it?
The University is so far behind what I expected to find it's really quite pathetic. I was expecting some hidden sub-forum which houses the Uni Board but I can't even find that. I will be giving out a call for teachers and I will more than likely go way over the head of the Board because, in my opinion, they are just going to slow down the whole process.

Keep in mind the Uni depends on regional participation, if no one wants to get involved with it, it's not going to happen.

Other than that, I am open to all idea.

Ator People - How's the army? The regalia is quite spiffy, but if I may be so bold we seem to be lacking in the "things to do" department. Recruitment drive is one thing, we'll need new ideas to get enlistment quotas. And what about our military coordination with other governments to stop invasions? What's the state of homeland security? Are we safe?
We will be very busy this term. Recruitment will be increased and will included mandatory training. However, most of our "things to do" will be defending and liberating regions. Usually out of the public eye, this is the most important job of the NPA during times of peace here at home.

Speaking of homeland security, our region is very safe at the moment thanks to a number of factors. With no delegate turnover, we are even more safe than we would usually be at this time. However, I will work closely with the SC to watch any potential threats.

The University is so far behind what I expected to find it's really quite pathetic. I was expecting some hidden sub-forum which houses the Uni Board but I can't even find that. I will be giving out a call for teachers and I will more than likely go way over the head of the Board because, in my opinion, they are just going to slow down the whole process.

Keep in mind the Uni depends on regional participation, if no one wants to get involved with it, it's not going to happen.

Other than that, I am open to all idea.
BW, I'd really like to help work on the University. I had a lot of ideas (currently posted in the forum) that I had come up back when I was on the Commission.

Gaspo - Immigration and involvement-getting, domestic intelligence, or pencil-pushing RA managing? Those are your bullet points under the constitution, which area can we expect the most from you in? A repeated concern, such as during some of the Lexicon tiffs, is smughumps sneaking in the RA to cheat our democratic process. No guff, what's the reality there? Is that a serious concern we should have, or have we pretty much always been on the ball on that one? Lastly, the MoIIA is given a very special place of trust as part of its job. How necessary do you think that trust is?
RA management and domestic intel. Dali's task force has the immigration thing under control, and I'll help out there if he wants me to.

I hate shady people getting into the RA; I'm quite vigilant along those lines

As far as trust, you saw my campaign thread. It's essential. Absolutely essential. And absolutely necessary. If noone trusts me, noone will share any information that might help me in my job. Thus.. Yeah.

More later perhaps, am rather busy right now.

Prime Minister, I will be meeting with my new Vice Delegate within the next few days (when we both have time) to discuss appropriate endorsement standards (ie. the level of endos between myself, him, and the third highest person), as well as monitoring endorsement levels that may raise eyebrows. At this time, I am quite comfortable with the endorsement situation, and those whom in the last term have been on my radar have been quite cooperative with me after communicating with them.

In terms of the Regional Task Force, I will be announcing within the next few days possible re-structuring of the Work Groups, to ensure efficiency and to actually get this thing going. If the Cabinet would like to raise some suggestions, I am very much in favour of listening to them.

I have a question for the Prime Minister. Are there any ideas for legislation that you would like the government to work on, and for the Regional Assembly to pass?

EDIT: I hope the Minister of Defence would also be interested in "working closely" with the Delegate also :P If he has any ideas on security, I would like to know.

Monte Ozarka - How be those typing wings? What are you thoughts on the MoC? You are both our strongest arm and a mouth servant to all others --how do you see effective MoEA/MoAE/MoCE cooperation? Doable? Possible? Stick to your own guns? Tell me about the MiniCommaStry. I wanna hear your thinkings.
Typing is progressing, although real-life work is getting in the way a bit. I hope to get more done starting tomorrow at 5pm (physics problem set due then :P). I laid out some more immediate plans in my introduction in the MoC office. I also plan on PM'ing and TG'ing some of the more prolific RMB posters with my RMB guidelines sometime soon. I see people from the region posting that have no forum presence, and I feel that they definitely should be included in our RMB efforts.

I'm trying to export some traditionally MoAE activities to the RMB in an attempt to liven up the RMB. I'm also in the process of putting together a "welcome pack" for newbies to the region, and I'd be glad to get the MoCE's input in that. Interviews will begin soon and due to not only preserving interest but also lessening my workload, I'll stagger them for a bit.

In general, I'm trying to get the RMB stuff sorted out first before I concentrate on the news aspect of the MoC.

Also, who can I talk to about the NP Wire?

As Speaker I'm probably going to be making alot of hubbub in the legislative department, just putting that out here.

*Eluvatar gets to work on that.
You're in this too? I mean, err, right. Good that you're on top of things. We'll need you for... stuff. Important stuff. Very.

What's your agenda sailor, codifying better laws, stripping away at the legalese binding our throats, keeping the filthy voting masses in line, or calling it a day and hitting the beach? How does the NS roleplay thing fit into our quiet assembly? Sure it's one thing to finetune a clause on proper proprietary procedural procedures into a jargon-filled novel, but where's the fun? Where's the "It Should Be Raining Pancakes" Act? Your thoughts?

DalChall Haorlimbar - How safe is this region? What's our delegate's social agenda for this term?

Just posting to see what my brown badge looks like... :ADN:
Because you were the MoEA last term, and our current Minister (your old deputy) is away this week, if you could say some words regarding the MoEA paragraph that would be grand. If it's not too much to ask.

BW, I'd really like to help work on the University.  I had a lot of ideas (currently posted in the forum) that I had come up back when I was on the Commission.
Fantastique! Let's look over all that commission stuff sometime and see what the good ideas are.

Typing is progressing, although real-life work is getting in the way a bit. I hope to get more done starting tomorrow at 5pm (physics problem set due then :P).I laid out some more immediate plans in my introduction in the MoC office.

I'll look over them right away. In the meantime, you go build your rocketship.... or whatever it is that you penguins do.

I also plan on PM'ing and TG'ing some of the more prolific RMB posters with my RMB guidelines sometime soon. I see people from the region posting that have no forum presence, and I feel that they definitely should be included in our RMB efforts.

I'm trying to export some traditionally MoAE activities to the RMB in an attempt to liven up the RMB. I'm also in the process of putting together a "welcome pack" for newbies to the region, and I'd be glad to get the MoCE's input in that. Interviews will begin soon and due to not only preserving interest but also lessening my workload, I'll stagger them for a bit.
Savvy.

Also, who can I talk to about the NP Wire?[
I'll get you your badge and gun.

Emperor Matthuis --you were Haor Chall's deputy. But first, specifically, you were in the Merit-ACCEL-Gatesville-Equilism-TRR-Uroca group for embassy staff. How did that go? What's our current status with those regions? Any changes over the last many months? Importantly, what is our level of contact with them? Do we, the people of each region, have a meaningful relationship or are they just blips on a radar screen to us?

Our general status with these regions is good, we give and receive updates but apart from that there is little else. Mostly our ambassadors just pop in, post an update and leave. I would like the ambassadors to post in their forums a little more than that, not very much and not interferiing in their affairs, just building up friendships with their members.

Are our embassies inactive, and if they are does anyone over there care?

As Deputy I peformed an audit of all the embassies/consulates and contacted members of the regions. I will do that again, post my results on the forum, PM/telegram the Founders and/or Delegates warning them that unless we receive an update in five days I will close their embassy/consulate. I will also get working on converting some of the most important consulates into embassies.

Why did your predecessor choose to organize the DC group assignments in that way? More broadly once more, what was the MoEA like under Haor Chall's term? Did the deputy have a big role or little role then, or was the minister "very hands on" (i.e. controlling), what was Joe Schmoe involvement in that Ministry like?

I think it was because then the updates are posted faster because every team has at least one active member, with the one ambassador per region system, if the ambassador is inactive or forgets then the region is left forgotten.

I also intend to do a general clean-up of the EA forums, which will involve updating some of the old threads. Also I will get an update ready with possible MoC involvement (I will be replying to your PM MO!) I will be updating the Diplomatic Corp memberlist and appointing an Ambassador General and some Senior Ambassadors. Finally I will start PMing some of our regular forums-goers asking that they join the Diplomatic Corp.

I would ask that our cabinet members help out as well and do their bit.

Every sound spiffing Mr. Prime Minister?

Why did your predecessor choose to organize the DC group assignments in that way? More broadly once more, what was the MoEA like under Haor Chall's term? Did the deputy have a big role or little role then, or was the minister "very hands on" (i.e. controlling), what was Joe Schmoe involvement in that Ministry like?

I think it was because then the updates are posted faster because every team has at least one active member, with the one ambassador per region system, if the ambassador is inactive or forgets then the region is left forgotten.
Hm. Makes sense. I'm liking that.

As Deputy I peformed an audit of all the embassies/consulates and contacted members of the regions. I will do that again, post my results on the forum, PM/telegram the Founders and/or Delegates warning them that unless we receive an update in five days I will close their embassy/consulate.
If I may: Why? Why close a whole embassy, with all the effort it takes to get one, because it's gotten lonely? Is there more to being MoEA than keeping the rows tidy? Do we, TNP, approach embassy exchange like having a myspace friends list? I'm not berating you or saying it's necessarily a *good* idea to keep an embassy with a region that ceased to exist six months ago, I'm asking sincerely and want to hear read your response.

I will also get working on converting some of the most important consulates into embassies.
Kewl.

I also intend to do a general clean-up of the EA forums, which will involve updating some of the old threads. Also I will get an update ready with possible MoC involvement (I will be replying to your PM MO!) I will be updating the Diplomatic Corp memberlist and appointing an Ambassador General and some Senior Ambassadors. Finally I will start PMing some of our regular forums-goers asking that they join the Diplomatic Corp.
Capice, supremely excellent, grand, and great.

Every sound spiffing Mr. Prime Minister?
:jack:

If I may: Why? Why close a whole embassy, with all the effort it takes to get one, because it's gotten lonely? Is there more to being MoEA than keeping the rows tidy? Do we, TNP, approach embassy exchange like having a myspace friends list? I'm not berating you or saying it's necessarily a *good* idea to keep an embassy with a region that ceased to exist six months ago, I'm asking sincerely and want to hear read your response.

I just want to get rid of the regions that just have a consulate/embassy here for the sake of it and then never bother coming back after one or two updates. I want to have a smaller group of active, powerful embassies/consulates that are regularly updated so that we can concentrate on those regions and build up our relations with them instead of being side-tracked by time-wasters. I will of course not close any embassies/consulates from the most powerful userite regions on any of the feeders and try my best not to close any that we as a region have historic ties to.

Monumental Proportions - How's the MoEA at the beginning of this term? What do you plan to do about the spam? I'm liking some of Vitrionia's proposal in Suggestion Box, what are your thoughts? Is the forum structure adequately served or are spam games quashing room out from more.. well-rounded threads?
Everythings going along fine. Sorry, I haven't seen Vitrionia's proposal actually, care to direct me to it? If it's what I think it is, then great. Spam and games are most certainly not taking up space. If anything, they are the single most important area of the region. Sure, that may be just because i said so, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Question for the PM; has he had a look over the NPIA yet and do we have a new Director sorted out?
Yes, he has. The Prime Minister has poured himself into the NPIA situation and has formulated a plan of action. He awaits the advice of his legal counsel and any last-minute revelations before committing himself to action.

Yes, he has. The Prime Minister has poured himself into the NPIA situation and has formulated a plan of action. He awaits the advice of his legal counsel and any last-minute revelations before committing himself to action.

Legal counsel? Ok.

And I thought it was a rubber plant in the corner?

Question for the PM; has he had a look over the NPIA yet and do we have a new Director sorted out?
Oh.

Ignore my question in the other thread then :fish:

Back