Chancellor

Okay I confess I'm starting to get a little peeved.

I think I'll send flemingovia a warning and then I might make motions to impeach him as Chancellor. Thoughts?

Precisely what I was thinking.

I sent him two PMs reminding him of his duty and he has done nothing, the most recent being May 1. I think it's time to PM him that we are initiating impeachment proceedings:

Draft:
Chancellor Flemingovia,

You were elected Chancellor to carry out certain duties and we're afraid that if you are unable to carry them out we in the Board of Regents will have to remove you and find another Chancellor.

If you do not begin the process of gathering faculty for the University by May 16th we will begin impeachment.

Unless there are comments I'll send this tomorrow.

TNP Law 17 Section 4:
D - The Board of Regents shall have power to remove the Chancellor for cause, and that removal may be reviewed by appeal to the Court of The North Pacific.

We as a board have the power of removal "for cause." While it is subject to review by the Court, we get to decide what we believe is "for cause."

Sorry, folks, I dropped the ball on this one. While I would love to be able to do the job, I think you would do better finding yourselves another chancellor.

I've made contact with Ator, and I have definite reason to believe that if offered the position of Chancellor, Ator would accept.

I therefore move that the Board of Regents of the North Pacific University elect Ator People as the Chancellor of the University.

The DMoCE isn't mentioned one way or the other.

There are no openings for the voting seats on the board, and those terms run until September. The board would have to decide whether you can sit in for the MoCE as the non-voting chair.

Right now what we need is to call the question on the motion to elect Ator People as chancellor.

A- The chief administrator of the University is the Chancellor. The Chancellor shall be appointed by the Board of Regents during the first week of the months of June and December of each year, and shall serve a six month-term.

We're not going to have to do this again in three weeks are we?

BW, if you found that, you should have also seen this:

Law 17 Section 5:
C - Within a week thereafter, the initially elected Board of Regents shall appoint the initial Chancellor of the University, who shall serve until the first week of December, at which time a Chancellor shall be appointed for a normal six-month term.

Flem's term did not expire until December. So in replacing Flem, the replacement Chancellor will complete that term.

I'm for my motion, obviously. I'm going to send out mesages to the regents so e can get this adopted and move ahead.

Blue Wolf, i think you'll find that all of the members of the TNPU Commission agreed with the idea that the nitial terms should be longer than the normal 6 months for both the Regents and the Chancellor due to the organization activity, and because we wanted to avoid any regent elections coinciding with the governmental elections.

Grosse, I think we have a misunderstanding here. I read "the initial Chancellor of the University, who shall serve until the first week of December" and you said "replacement Chancellor will complete that term". What I think is a bit wacky is that the first Chancellor serves a full year term.

The plan has been that the initial board of Regents and the initial chancellor would serve terms that were longer than six months, in order to get the regents elections away from the months when election are held or when Court Justices are confirmed, and to have the chancellor appointed at the mid-point of the regents' terms. It made sense to give the regents and chancellor longer terms that six months for the initial selection because of the time needed to get everything set up and in place.

The legislation was being implemented in February, so at most the chancellor's term was a ittle over nine months, and the regents were a little over six months.

More importantly, with ZS's vote, that four "ayes" of the six regents to elect Atoor.

Based upon this rule adopted by the Board:

3. Voting will last until all of the Regents have voted or until 3 days have passed.

Three days have passed. and a majoirty of the board has agreed to the motion to appoint (elect) Ator People as Chancellor. We just need to have the chair declare the vote final.

Grosse has notified me I have been chosen as Chancellor.

I'd like to thank the board for appointing me to this position. I am honored and I am ready to take on the responsibility of getting the University up and running.

I will post my proposals and ideas in other threads in this forum.

Again thank you!

Back