OPEN SC SEAT

OPA's departure has left a SC seat open, for all those griping about them now's your chance to do something about it! Please post here if you're interested in the job or interested in nominating someone for the job.

I think Elu is a great idea, but I am forced to chuckle, as it was not so long ago that Elu was at war with TNP.

It is, indeed, a funny old game.

The Duchess, carlottaguidicelli, has requested that she been placed in nomination for the vacant seat for the Security Council. I am pleased to comply with her request.

I glady accept my nomination and would be very pleased to serve on the council.

La Duchess

Shouldn't we be voting already?

Security Council Rule 3.

In the event of a vacancy on the Council whether due to resignation, ineligibility, or other cause, the vacant seats shall be filled for the remainder of the term of office by means of a special election in the Regional Assembly. The election shall be organized by the Speaker as expeditiously as possible, but the period for nominations shall not exceed 48 hours, and the period for voting shall not exceed 72 hours, commencing within 24 hours after the vacancy occurs. A plurality of the votes cast shall be necessary for election
:bat:

Shouldn't we be voting already?

Security Council Rule 3.

In the event of a vacancy on the Council whether due to resignation, ineligibility, or other cause, the vacant seats shall be filled for the remainder of the term of office by means of a special election in the Regional Assembly. The election shall be organized by the Speaker as expeditiously as possible, but the period for nominations shall not exceed 48 hours, and the period for voting shall not exceed 72 hours, commencing within 24 hours after the vacancy occurs. A plurality of the votes cast shall be necessary for election
:bat:
It's a rule not a law and I'm really sorry but I have my hands full right now, once I figure out how many people are running I'll start the vote thread.

Since Ator has given notice that he is away then it would be unfair to remove him from the SC, as for Tresville well he has posted that he has been extremely busy in RL so again I think it would be unfair to remove him.

Mr. Speaker, the final rule sentence of SC Rule 2 really makes it clear that more than one person can stand for election, and that it's isn't a confirmation vote. (Just another example of the Speaker changing rules to suit his whim.)

Confirmation votes are the norm for replacing vacant seats, we both know that but hey I guess I'm at fault for having the gall to disagree with you.

Confirmation votes are not the norm for electing a new Speaker or members of the Security Council. The relevant law says "elect" and not "confirm"

QUOTE (Lebostrana @ Apr 10 2007, 03:50 PM)
I vote the for the duchess. 

Hey uh the vote thread isn't here, it's Here.

Thanks for your honesty :P

OPA was unmasked as soon as his resignation was brought to my attention (Same with Labrador City.) FEC sent a list to me a couple days ago of others who needed their RA masks removed, and that was done earlier today. One of those showed up and started posting, but they won't get the RA mask back until FEC tells me to do so.

Elu has his SC permissions now as well.

Back