NS: Version 1.10

I guess it's real. One of my puppets, Syrtis Major has Regional Mod power for TNP. I just submitted a Spam Warning for The Republic of Go To Forbes to see what happens, he posted a 21-line recruitment message, 7-8 lines of which are all $$$.

As presented on Jolt:
Since our hardworking codemonkeys SalusaSecondus and Pythagosaurus are still busy putting the finishing touches on the game's next update, it falls to me to tantalize you with hints about the next big change in how Nationstates plays!

Version 1.10 means...

* Less work for the moderators!
      Much like the Influence feature, this new feature will further help reduce the moderator workload. That means faster turn-around times for players on other complaints. No more having to wait for days before you hear back from us!
    * More player input on moderation!
      It's taken players almost 3 years of badgering the staff, but the new feature will incorporate more player input and oversight of moderation efforts. This will make it easier for the staff to both remove moderators who abuse their power AND add new moderators without all the months of agonizing debate that usually has to happen before new mods get chosen.

This change won't alter how the game is played the way Influence did, but it is a direly-needed overhaul to the way problems get dealt with, which means a better game experience for everyone.

EDIT: ATTENTION REGIONAL MODERATORS!
Regional moderators have the ability to issue warnings to other nations. It's supposed to only be in their region, but we're hearing it's global. So we'll have to get Salusa on it.

But basically this will help us catch rulebreakers by expanding player awareness, and reduce our workload because oftentime a rulebreaking nation will clean up their act after just a warning. So the game mods won't need to be involved unless it's serious.

Also, I know a lot of our new regional mods have been issuing test warnings. We expected some hiccups with the new system, so if you issued a warning by accident or to test it, could you do us a favor and post it here so we can cancel the warning?

Edit 2: How you are chosen (By SalusaSecondus)
Regional Mods are chosen based on a complex calculation of Age, "reputation", UN status, activity level, interaction with the mods in the past (or lack thereof) and a few other things. The important thing is "Reputation". Reputation is a combination of pure mathematical analysis of RM activity compared to other mods (both in the region and the world) and manually entered numbers by GMs when needed to adjust it. RM status will be revoked (either automatically or manually) from rule-breakers or people who issue inappropriate or useless warnings.

My oldest nation, Irixinia in Canada is my only Regional Mod. Interesting to see how things look when it's no longer April 1st.

Sal:
EDIT: ATTENTION REGIONAL MODERATORS!
Regional moderators have the ability to issue warnings to other nations. It's supposed to only be in their region, but we're hearing it's global. So we'll have to get Salusa on it.

But basically this will help us catch rulebreakers by expanding player awareness, and reduce our workload because oftentime a rulebreaking nation will clean up their act after just a warning. So the game mods won't need to be involved unless it's serious.

Also, I know a lot of our new regional mods have been issuing test warnings. We expected some hiccups with the new system, so if you issued a warning by accident or to test it, could you do us a favor and post it here so we can cancel the warning?

http://rpstudios.ian-justman.com/jun...ds/Modsig2.JPG
~Evil Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~Master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku

Edit 2: How you are chosen (By SalusaSecondus)
Regional Mods are chosen based on a complex calculation of Age, "reputation", UN status, activity level, interaction with the mods in the past (or lack thereof) and a few other things. The important thing is "Reputation". Reputation is a combination of pure mathematical analysis of RM activity compared to other mods (both in the region and the world) and manually entered numbers by GMs when needed to adjust it. RM status will be revoked (either automatically or manually) from rule-breakers or people who issue inappropriate or useless warnings.

Edit 3:
I've patched the bug where Regional Mods could warn nations outside of their region. Thanks to those who were responsible and didn't abuse their "extra" powers.

People are starting to think that maybe it is actually a proper rule change now....

There are 90,000 nations in Nationstates. 23,000 of them got RM tags. Salusa says that inactive or abusive RMs will be automatically purged, so one way or the other there'll be a lot less RMs in the near future.

:lol: The big giveawy yesterday was when one of my fellow RM's discovered a website with internet AF's pranks listed on it and this was on there

Back