Rules for AdSpammers

TAO

TNPer
We have the FAQ and we have the One Stop Rules Shop but few newbs ever take the time to read either because of ignorance (or "lack of knowledge", if you prefer). As a result, our RMB is illegally spammed by newb groups every day. As a CommRanger, TAO has notified several violators by TG and/or left Rules Posts in their home regions. But TAO recently had a thought about the rules ... maybe at a new region's creation, the Mods could have an automatic RMB post script that makes note of the FAQ and the OSRS with active links ... much like the automatic post about your first issue when you create a nation. Every region would then have a pre-warning about the rules.

I would like to just see all RMB spamming banned, the rules that the Mods don't work because it would waste their time enforcing them. An outright ban is all that will work.

I would like to just see all RMB spamming banned, the rules that the Mods don't work because it would waste their time enforcing them. An outright ban is all that will work.
Are you suggesting this as part of NS game mechanics or a policy that the Delegate should undertake?

And what constitutes "spamming", in your eyes?

I am suggesting that the Mods ban all forms of RMB spam recruiting messages on all Feeder RMBs. It's our region, recruiters have no right to infringe on our right to have our RMB free from outside spamming.

As a CommRanger, TAO could easily argue that this region's RMB doesn't have to plastered with spam all day every day IF the residents of theis region ... specifically the ones who are so interested in the welfare of the region that they join the RA and run for other gov positions .. IF the residents of this region would get off their forum butts and go post on the RMB more often than once every 28 days (or 60 days if in vacation mode).

The RMB belongs to whoever takes control of it. If you want TNP to control it, then TNP has to work to control it.

It should not be beyone the wit of the coding monkeys to set a character-limit on all TGs.

That way spam would be restricted in length without the need for endless mod intervention.

And how many non-spam messages take more than 15 lines?

I am suggesting that the Mods ban all forms of RMB spam recruiting messages on all Feeder RMBs. It's our region, recruiters have no right to infringe on our right to have our RMB free from outside spamming.
i remember reading that it was some kinda trade off that the mods decided on. i'll look for it on jolt.

It should not be beyone the wit of the coding monkeys to set a character-limit on all TGs.

That way spam would be restricted in length without the need for endless mod intervention.

And how many non-spam messages take more than 15 lines?
But a limit could also adversely affect non-spammers, too.

The BEST way to minimize spam is with a busy REGIONAL presence on the RMB.

In an ideal world yes. But the problem is there are those who would rather find an easier way out.

The reality is, if there was no adspam, what would there be? The vast majority of the time it would be empty, at least if people posted as frequently as they do now.

Adspam is not going to go away, it is part and parcel of being a feeder. If we want to have a adspam free RMB, we will have work for it and achieve it ourselves.

If there was and sometimes is less adspam, people like me could clutter the RMB with sno-cone promoes and word befuttlement blabberings like this one.

:evil: :jack:

Yeah ... stupid is better than spam.

This region just needs to develop some pride in itself again and demonstrate that pride to the world on the RMB. This is the region that first inspired TAO with the excitement of NS. The Great Bight wars, Pixiedance ... the hours and hours of reparte' on the RMB, the witty battles and the battles of wit ... Mum herself. This region is RICH in personality and ability but it has forgotten itself and lost its way ... and also lost its sway.

You can make a stand against spam now. You can make the RMB the property of the region once more ... all it takes is pride and effort. [Come on people ... flow with the DRAMA being unleashed here] If you really believe this region is yours, make ALL of it yours.

The RMB belongs to whoever takes control of it. If you want TNP to control it, then TNP has to work to control it.
TAO makes an excellent point. In more general terms, this game has always been player driven. The greatest innovations, the most dramatic and interesting moments have come from the player end not the admin, coding end. We should stop looking to the powers-that-be for solutions to our problems and focus on what we can do within the current paradigm.

I agree with TAO. The best way to stop RMB spammers is to use it ourselves. Maybe that will help encourage the spammers to use much less intrusive TGs for recruiting instead (one can always hope).

Back