University Chancellor Applications

The position of Chancellor of the University of the North Pacific is defined by the following :

Section 4. Chancellor.
A- The chief administrator of the University is the Chancellor. The Chancellor shall be appointed by the Board of Regents during the first week of the months of June and December of each year, and shall serve a six month-term.
B - The Chancellor shall be a ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board of Regents. The Chancellor shall be a member of the Regional Assembly during their term of office.
C - The Chancellor shall be accountable to the Board of Regents for the administrative and operational functions of the University.
D - The Board of Regents shall have power to remove the Chancellor for cause, and that removal may be reviewed by appeal to the Court of The North Pacific.

Applicants for the position may express such interest here. In the interest of speed, applications will be accepted until February 23, 2007. A vote will open among the Regents on February 24, and will run until a Chancellor is selected.

The chancellor can NOT be a regent. And the purpose of the 5 days is to allow those folks who don't scroll down this far often to get a chance to get in, or turn down a nomination.

EDIT - it appears there may be an issue with permissions and masking here - if there is someone you want to nominate, but can't post, feel free to PM me and I will post them until we can get everything squared away.

From Ator People:

I would like to express my interest in becoming Chancellor. I helped on the commission to set up the University. I have in the past been Minister of Culture and Education. As Lt. Gen. of The North Pacific Army I have led the the Military Academy in training cadets.

If I may, I would like to endorse Ator People's self-nomination for Chancellor of the University. I can attest to the fact that much of the stragetic plan (the"road map") was the direct results of his contributions. I believe he has a clear understandingg of where the University needs to start from and where it needs to go.

I am withdrawing my self-nomination for the position. I will not be playing this game much over the next month or so. I have drawn up some plans I thought would be useful for the University, and you are welcome to use them in part or whole if you so desire.

Good luck to whoever is voted chancellor!

My ideas for the University: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddf7dphs_9866f35

I have PM'd the other two nominees - failing the acceptance of the nomination by both, the Board of Regents will collectively discharge their duties until a suitable candidate presents themselves.

Thank you for the nomination, but I'm afraid I have to decline. I am honored by the nomination, and under normal circumstances would be glad to accept it, but I do intend to stick to my plans. I apologize.

I would like to have my name in the running. I know I am extremely unpopular at this moment within some inner circles of the region but I am dead serious about doing a good job especially when it comes to the University. I want it to succeed at all costs.

Back