Seeking Minister of Communications

As most of you are aware, for some reason, no candidates filed for the office of Minister of Cimmunications in the just concluded elections, so I have the responsibility to nominate a Minister of Communications for this term.

Under a recent Constitutional Amendment:

TNP Constitution:
7) Minister of Communications.
A - The Minister shall be responsible for publishing reports, within and outside of the Region, of the actions of the Regional Government and other developments in The North Pacific in conjunction with the Prime Minister or the official with appropriate jurisdiction

In addition, recently amended Law 6 provides that:
The North Pacific Wire shall be the official News Publication of the region. The North Pacific Wire shall be administered by the Ministry of Communications.

If any member of the Regional Assembly is interested in being considered for this office, or wishes to offer the name of a qualified member of the Regional Assembly for the office, please post in this thread. Of course, anyone selected must meet the qualficiations for election, and must not be barred this term due to term limits.

I would like to submit a name for approval as soon as possible.

I would like to apply, I realise that I messed up as VDel and would like to try and redeem myself somewhat. I have had experience making news articles and reports in both RL and in The East Pacific and Lazarus.

I would be interested in applying if the position remains vacant. I'd prefer if another member were elected. Said member would have my full support in reviving this department.

I, too, throw my hat into the ring because I am the propaganda master.
I learned everything I know from Fedele ^_^
ummm....I think u are in the wrong region guy....no propoganda here please...just good news!!

Damn wolves!

Bring Fedele back will ya!!!

Sorry for the delay, but here are the questions for anyone who wants to be considered for nomination as Minister of Communications. Both Emperior Matthuis and Blue Wold appear tho have accepted deputy positions with other Ministries, but if either of them remain insterested, post a response to these questions.

If any one else wants to be considered, please post your responses to this same questionnaire.

As long as there are interested candidates, I will submit a name for this nomination to the Cabinet later this week, as soon as the reaminder of the Cabinet has posted their oaths of office, and Haor Chall returns from his scheduled trip.

MoC questionnaire:
Questions for candidates for nomination as Minister of Communications.

With the recent amendment, the duties of the Minister of Communications are described as follows:
7) Minister of Communications.
A - The Minister shall be responsible for publishing reports, within and outside of the Region, of the actions of the Regional Government and other developments in The North Pacific in conjunction with the Prime Minister or the official with appropriate jurisdiction.

In addition, a recent amendment to the Legal Code also transferred formal control of The North Pacific Wire to the Minstry of Communications.

How would you design the tasks of the Ministry of Communications to fulfill these duties? How wouls you strcuture the Ministry so that there can be continuity in the work of the Ministries after this term?

How wold you manage the preparation of reports for within the Region, and outside the Region?

What would be your technique to gain the cooperation of the Prime Minister and the “other officials of appropriate justidicion” ? Who would those others be and what cooperation would you seek?

I have announced my plans for a multi-agency task for to provide resources for the various Ministries to meet their responsibilities. What sort of assistance would you seek for the Ministry of Communicatons, and how would you utilize that assistance?

What other goals or priorities would you seek during this term?

Discuss your prior experience (and where) in Nationstates that you believe will be useful in this position.

Anything else?

Since I posted my interest I will answer the questions.

However, I would still like to be considered as a last resort for the position. I hope that another active member fills this position.

How would you design the tasks of the Ministry of Communications to fulfill these duties?

I would like to create a true staff of writers for The Wire and once again... get them to post in its true home... The Wire blog.

Seperate from The Wire Staff....I would like to create a group lead by the deputy MOC that would work together to create a State of the Region Report. This report would be a compilation of news from each ministry. The report would get updated Bi weekly. Monthly it would be used (in conjunction with the MOEA office) to create the Regional Update that gets posted in our embassies abroad. All info from these documents will help to update TNP's page in NS Wiki. Final versions of all documents would all be aproved by the "Prime Minister or the official with appropriate jurisdiction."

How would you structure the Ministry so that there can be continuity in the work of the Ministries after this term?
That has no bearing on this since any new MOC can change said structure as is their right under the Legal Code.

However, I would be willing to propose legislation to set a more efficient and working structure for the Ministry of Communications. Though last time I did this newer ministers had a fit and proposed legislation to change it (not in the MOC).

I listed above this question and reply a structure and breakdown of duties.

How wold you manage the preparation of reports for within the Region, and outside the Region?
Answered above.

What would be your technique to gain the cooperation of the Prime Minister and the “other officials of appropriate justidicion” ? Who would those others be and what cooperation would you seek?
My technique would be simple communication. Each ministry head would have to be contacted to formulate any reports. It would really be up to those specific ministers to cooperate or not. If they fail to I would not let this stop this ministry from performing its duties.

I believe the "others" in the legal quote was meant to refer to any newly created positions that would have jurisdiction. I don't believe this applies at the moment.

I have announced my plans for a multi-agency task for to provide resources for the various Ministries to meet their responsibilities. What sort of assistance would you seek for the Ministry of Communicatons, and how would you utilize that assistance?
Communication and info gathering would be the areas where I would use these resources.

But I would really like to use this task force to create a TNP History Project. Goal of this project would be to produce a detailed documentation of TNP's history. It would also make it easier to record all records. Web Pages are free...we could have our first official one.

What other goals or priorities would you seek during this term?
I hope that I can set a structure and make this ministry efficient enough for the next minister to find running the ministry easy. Hopefully, this will prevent the ministry from ever going in active...as it has in the past few terms...IMHO.

Discuss your prior experience (and where) in Nationstates that you believe will be useful in this position.

Anything else?
Prior experience is public record and listed in my Sig. My many positions in intelligence (some aren't listed below due to it being confidential) and my interaction with some of the greatest and largest regions and orgs in NS...I believe are the most useful.

I have nominated Upper Kirby as Minister of Communications, and we have agrred that Tresville is appointed Deputy Minister of Communications.

I request that Uper Kirby's nomination as Minister of Communications be placed before the Regional Assembly for ratification.

Back