Certified Results, February 2007 Elections

For the last time, I do not want this job again.

Now then.

Certified Results, General and Delegate Elections, February 2007

I'll do Delegate first, since that's the only one that was close enough to be called an election.

After reviewing the Constitution and Legal Code, it is my determination that the Constitution was legally amended to remove the requirement for UN Membership within The North Pacific in order to vote in the Delegate Elections. The Constitution now clearly states that all eligible RA members may vote in any election regardless of UN status or location. As such, all ballots were counted in all elections. The results are as follows:

UN Regional Delegate: Dalimbar (by resignation of Emperor Matthuis)

Emperor Matthuis: 18 votes (48.6%)
Dalimbar: 17 votes (45.9%)
Abstentions: 2 votes (5.4%)

UN Vice Delegate: Zemnaya Svoboda

Zemnaya Svoboda: 25 Votes (67.6%)
Abstentions: 11 votes (29.7%)
Great Bights Mum (Invalid Write-in): 1 vote (2.7%)

Prime Minister of The North Pacific: Grosseschnauzer

Grosseschnauzer: 32 votes (69.6%)
Blue Wolf II: 11 votes (23.9%)
Abstentions: 3 votes (6.5%)

Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs: Former English Colony

Former English Colony: 42 votes (91.3%)
Abstentions: 4 votes (8.7%)

Minister of External Affairs: Haor Chall

Haor Chall: 39 votes (84.8%)
Abstentions: 7 votes (15.2%)

Minister of Defense: Nem

Nem: 43 votes (93.5%)

Minister of Communications: APPOINTMENT REQUIRED DUE TO LACK OF CANDIDATES

Minister of Justice: Southwest Asia

Southwest Asia: 38 votes (82.6)
Abstentions: 7 votes (15.2%)
Invalid Ballots: 1 (No choice selected) (2.2%)

Minister of Culture and Education: Byardkuria

Byardkuria: 36 votes (78.3%)
FALCONKATS: 4 votes (8.7%)
John Ashcroft Land: 3 votes (6.5%)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Mr_Sniffles

Mr_Sniffles: 36 votes (78.3%)
Abstentions: 10 votes (21.7%)

Security Council

Great Bights Mum: 36 votes
Dalimbar: 31 votes - Ineligible due to election as Delegate
Byardkuria: 31 votes
Ator People: 31 votes
Grosseschnauzer: 29 votes
OPArsenal: 27 votes
Emperor Matthuis: 26 votes
Tresville: 24 votes

Zemnaya Svoboda: 15 (Granted access due to position as VD)
Gaspo: 14 votes
FALCONKATS: 11 votes
Blue Wolf II: 10 votes

Results Certified by:

The United Federation of Hersfold
Substitute Election Commissioner
February 2007 Regional Elections

OMG first post after elections.

Congrats to all who won the Security Council popularity contest, and to all Ministerial winners.

I hope it is actually unnecessary to do so, but this is a reminder that all those whose election has been ceritified need to post their oath of office in the designated thread here (click me) of the Prime Minister's Office within a week.

Also, any member of the Diplomatic Corps of TNP is now required to post an oath of office since their diplomatic status has been construed by the Court as an appointed position.

Finally, I will be opening a thread to seek sggestions for the Minister of Communication as soon as possible. I plan to present a nominee to the Cabinet and the Regonal Assembly as soon as possible.

I want to thank everyone who voted; the turnout was up about 10 percent from the last election. I also want to express my appreciation to my fellow TNP'ers for returning me to office as your Prime Minister for my second, consecutive term. I congratulate everyone who has been elected, and encourage everyone to vote in the runoff election for Delegate. (PS In the event of a tie in the runoff, the Cabinet will vote to break any tie.)

Yay! It finally got done!

I'd just like to say, thank you Hersfold, for going through the horrific process of counting the ballots!

And congrats to the new Ministers!

In case it is missed in the voting thread, I have conceded the election of Delegacy to Chodean Kal/Dalimbar.

Congratulations to him and all other candidates.

In case it is missed in the voting thread, I have conceded the election of Delegacy to Chodean Kal/Dalimbar.

Congratulations to him and all other candidates.
Ah, good. I'll go close the topic then. That makes things much easier.

Also, Schanuzer pointed out to me just now that due to the separation of powers in the Constitution, the UN Regional Delegate is ineligible to serve on the Security Council. As a result of that determination, Dalimbar is now removed from that office in lieu of EM's resignation, and Tresville is elected to the Security Council as the next candidate in line.

This completes the February 2007 General Regional Election. Thanks to all who voted, and please come again next term.

Oh yeah, and...

I QUIT! :lol:

Damn. I get sick with the flu and when I finally get the energy to crawl to the computer, it seems that I missed all the fun.

*Definently is a manly man with his pink on.*

I do also wish to congratulate all winners, and to every candidate for making this a worthwhile election.

Speaking of which, Dali, we do have a red version if you would prefer. The pink does look a little funny on you, if you don't mind me saying. ;)

Actually, Tresville should have been part of the original certification since both Delegate candidates were among the top seven, so had the Delegate election not needed a runoff, Tresville would have been listed as elected.

Back