HC for MoEA

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
No big long campaign speech this time.

If elected I intend to look at closer relations with other regions that share similar beliefs to us. Sorting out the treaty with TWP will be a top priority, after that I will discuss other regions to consider with the PM and MoD and with the Regional Assembly as a whole at some point in the process.

My other main priority is to sort out the Diplomatic Corp. The last term has probably been the worst for the DC, with zero activity. To the rest of NationStates TNP might as well have not existed for the last three months, which is something we really need to turn around. However this does rely as much on having people willing to help out as ambassadors as it does on the MoEA. So please, please, please- being an ambassador doesn't require that much time (and it is great for those who like OOC)- think about signing up. In fact, if you vote for me I'll be expecting to see you queuing up outside the Ministry, so if you don't want to help represent YOUR region then don't vote for me. ;)

Thats it really, any questions?

Are you going to keep the position of General Ambassador? :P

Edit: or is it Ambassador General?

Ambassador-General.

And it depends, the position hasn't been filled for a while so it may get removed. We'll see on that one, to be honest it depends on what kind of activity we get in the DC.

HC, you are aware that the Court has held in a judicial review proceeding that the Diplomatic Corps has to post an oath of office under TNP Law 1?

(If nothing else, it should help you sort out who wants to be active as an ambassador.)

Second, I agree with your priorities for the MoEA, and have suggested the same general priorities in my ampaign.

Third, would you consider organizing a training program for diplomats at the university, as a way of recruiting diplomats to represent TNP?

HC, you are aware that the Court has held in a judicial review proceeding that the Diplomatic Corps has to post an oath of office under TNP Law 1?

(If nothing else, it should help you sort out who wants to be active as an ambassador.)

Yeah, I recall seeing something about that. It may be an idea to have a pinned thread for diplomats rather than using the thread in the cabinet area. But yes, it will be helpful in working out who is taking part.

Second, I agree with your priorities for the MoEA, and have suggested the same general priorities in my campaign.

Third, would you consider organizing a training program for diplomats at the university, as a way of recruiting diplomats to represent TNP?

Should've realised this would come up... :P Yeah, it is a good idea.

Thanks OPA.

There are a few things I have in mind, which I intend to discuss with the PM if elected. At present I don't really want to name names. What I will say is that I want to look beyond the normal "cookie cutter" approach to treatys and international relations and try to form more broad and more long term relations with other regions.

Serious question: How do you view our relationship with The Pacific?

Our relationship with The Pacific is as important as any of the feeders are. Whilst friendly relations with The Pacific are certainly something to be maintained I think the differences between our two regions mean that we wouldn't look for anything closer than that.

Another question, just FTR more than anything...

What will you do to unite all the feeders? More specifically, do you feel that the North should take an active role in reconciling feeders that do not agree with one another for the sake of a united bloc of feeders?

Did that make sense?

Another question, just FTR more than anything...

What will you do to unite all the feeders? More specifically, do you feel that the North should take an active role in reconciling feeders that do not agree with one another for the sake of a united bloc of feeders?

Did that make sense?

:P

Yeah, that makes sense. Having tried something along those sort of lines before unsuccessfully, it isn't something I'll be trying to do again this term. It is something I believe in, so in the future I may try again but just not at the moment, I think we have other priorities to sort out ourselves first.

Yeah, that makes sense. Having tried something along those sort of lines before unsuccessfully, it isn't something I'll be trying to do again this term. It is something I believe in, so in the future I may try again but just not at the moment, I think we have other priorities to sort out ourselves first.
QFT

I like you.

But you do believe feeder unity can still be achieved even after so many failed attempts?

I believe it is a good thing to aim for, but I do recognise the numerous and often complex difficulties involved. I don't believe, however, that they are insurmountable issues. I think that it could be achieved and I believe that would be a good thing for all the feeders. But as I said, it certainly is not something that I intend to look at in any detail this term.

But you do believe feeder unity can still be achieved even after so many failed attempts?
I think that if the RA had been allowed input on the treaty Haor Chall worked on earlier it would not have failed. But I digress.

In terms of long term agreements, what long term agreements is the North Pacific in currently?

I think that if the RA had been allowed input on the treaty Haor Chall worked on earlier it would not have failed. But I digress.

We learn from our mistakes. ;) None the less, it still wouldn't have been successful in the broader sense as it wouldn't have included TWP. But we do digress.

In terms of long term agreements, what long term agreements is the North Pacific in currently?

Depending on what you mean, none really. We have embassy agreements with a number of people (for what they're worth) and the only other treatys we are technically signed up to are the Lion-Star Pact and the TNP/ADN guidelines. Both of which are pretty much defunct at the present date.

*Namyeknom returns from a trip among the archives.

The renewal date for the Lion-Star Pact came and went about 5 months ago as well, so we might not technically be part of that either...

*Namyeknom remembers this is a campaign topic.

Aside from any future alliance between the Pacifics, what are your views on other multi-regional alliances?

*Namyeknom returns from a trip among the archives.

The renewal date for the Lion-Star Pact came and went about 5 months ago as well, so we might not technically be part of that either...

Well, its pretty much defunct either way (does the RLA even do anything anymore?). Might as well bin it. :P

*Namyeknom remembers this is a campaign topic.

Aside from any future alliance between the Pacifics, what are your views on other multi-regional alliances?

They can be a good thing. But we must think carefully about who we want them with, what we're in them for and what we want from them.

Back