TNP Lottery

Tresville

TNPer
I was wondering if the MOAE (and staff) could help me to organize a TNP Lottery.

Since it would fall under gaming this forum should be the proper place for it. I found no other forum where I could post such a discussion.

This is what I had in mind.

Since we can't have a live drawing, I was thinking we could create a Lottery Account where people could PM their ticket and how much they want to bet. Each ticket is 20 dollars... max amount of tickets is 10... each ticket wins you 20 percent of the pot.

Exactly how the winner is chosen is what I haven't thought through...hence why I would like people to help.

I would like this to be government regulated eventually...so we would need to discuss who can play the Lotto...any forum member, Citizen, ...etc etc
Legislation would have to be proposed.

Please post if u have any ideas, suggestions or if u straight out hate this.

Your name has been automatically entered into The North Pacific Lottery, and you have won! Unfortunately in order to claim your prize under inter-regional law, a deposit has to be paid to account "Namyeknom" of $10,000, in order to release your $4,000,000 winnings.

:shifty:

Anyway, back on topic. I seem to remember we had something vaguely similar running a while back, based on post counts.

I like this idea. Personally I prefer the lottery systems whereby you pick a set of numbers for each ticket, and this is compared to a set of numbers drawn, to see if and how much you win. This would allow the lottery account to build up money (hopefully) which could then be use for special lottery draws throughout the year when prizes could be doubled, used by the MoAE as incentive to join in games and arts, given as prizes in TNP Awards.

As to who can play, I see no reason not to open it to everyone, as long as they've got the cash.

What may help is the random number generator that is also used for the randomization of the juror lists. I still have the URL links for the site (it'll randomize nimbers in different was, depending on what you are looking for,

I like this idea. Personally I prefer the lottery systems whereby you pick a set of numbers for each ticket, and this is compared to a set of numbers drawn, to see if and how much you win.
Thats true...the percentages won't work because the players with the most posts could always buy 10 tickets.

We could do it like the bookies. They get their numbers from a combination from the horse races. Least thats how they do it in NYC. We could use the numbers from The stock exchange, dow...whatever.

A number generator would require one person to trust. To avoid corruption we could get our numbers from somewhere that everyone can see.
which could then be use for special lottery draws throughout the year when prizes could be doubled, used by the MoAE as incentive to join in games and arts, given as prizes in TNP Awards.
I like that.

I suppose if you want a visible source of random numbers, pick a RL lottery and use theirs. Assuming there is no legal problems involved in number theft.

:unsure:

leave the Sticky fingered Goverment out of this.

Let the people decide.

Myself, I personally don't like the concept that has been discussed thus far.

What about cyber scratch lottery tickets?

I now return you to you daily habits.

Back