Consulate of Taijitu

As Minister of External Affairs I formally request a formal and complete statement from the Taijitu Executive as quickly as possible.

OOC: I would give them credit for pulling it off though, not an original plan but still impressive.

It's now been approximately 18 hours since this event. Is your government really that disorganized?

If Taijitu wishes to have a chance at restoring it's reputation, it needs to act quickly. Elsewise a lack of action may give the appearance of support for your leaders actions.

Over IRC, it was promised that statements would be made after update. It's now been another 6 hours, and over a day since the initial event. Now what gives?

Over IRC, it was promised that statements would be made after update. It's now been another 6 hours, and over a day since the initial event. Now what gives?
Well PoD Gunner did make some statements of his own in the Rejected Realms and I believe that was what those promises were about. A statement to our friends is forthcoming though.

I apologize for the amount of time this has taken. We have very busy the past 24 hours and appreciate your patience.

Statement to our Friends

On 21st July Red Kagran, the delegate of Taijitu, using his access to the founder nation, spearheaded an invasion of the Rejected Realms. The tactic used was novel, in that he ejected 198 of his endorsers from Taijitu then joined them in the Rejected realms, picking up once again their endorsements, very shortly before up-date. He then emplaced a World Factbook Entry, which, while keeping the Rejected Realms' forum listed, inserted a section saying that Taijitu and DEN had brought life to the Rejected Realms that day.

Soon it became clear that while he saw this as an action to bring excitement to the game, and celebrate the release of the seventh Harry Potter book in a blaze of glory, much of Taijitu and the NS world at large took issue with this. As roughly one hundred nations arrived from regions as disparate as the Meritocracy  and Gatesville, he decided, with considerable encouragement from his advisers and a Taijitu Senate vote to withdraw. Apologizing to the Rejected Realms, to Kandarin, to the 198 ejected nations, and to Taijitu, he moved his nation back to Taijitu from the Rejected Realms several hours from the update.

The region of Taijitu as a whole greatly regrets the injury done to the Rejected Realms

It is of note that although this maneuver had never been carried out before, it is by no means novel, being known in some circles as The TAO Maneuver, after its original creator.

Regardless, thank you for the statement. To be honest, I don't think it should have taken anywhere near as long to craft that. Kinda anticlimactic.

Edit: Upon a second reading, the first two paragraphs appear to be a summary of everything that everyone already knows. Is there any real substance to the statement, apart from the last line, which appears to be pure boilerplate? Any explanation as to GMT's motives? Any information on what, if anything, the reaction post-event is going to be, as far as repercussions for those involved?

Not wishing to be funny, but i do not think we in the North Pacific are in a position to lecture anyone about the wheels of government turning slowly. How long did it take us to frame an apology to the PAcific just recently?

I did not intend to lecture on behalf of the region, and nothing I say should be interpreted as such unless specifically stated as being such.

keep in mind, I had to keep out of that affair of the apology due to conflict of interest issues. :P

Not wishing to be funny, but i do not think we in the North Pacific are in a position to lecture anyone about the wheels of government turning slowly. How long did it take us to frame an apology to the PAcific just recently?
Many in the region did not feel an apology was necessary or appropriate (it's not like we've ever overthrown their government...), and many felt it was inappropriate to issue an apology when the only evidence came from those outside TNP or others whose motives were suspect --NPIA investigation eventually showed that to be the case, if I recall, where caution would have been more correct. However, the snag was the wheels of government turning so slowly any lookinginto was near impossible to do. </nitpick>

I get your point, however.

This is more of a summary of events statement, a review of what we already know. I'm interested in what actions Taijitu intends to take against it's leadership for this invasion. All involved must take responsiblity for their actions.

Many in the region did not feel an apology was necessary or appropriate (it's not like we've ever overthrown their government...), and many felt it was inappropriate to issue an apology when the only evidence came from those outside TNP or others whose motives were suspect --NPIA investigation eventually showed that to be the case, if I recall, where caution would have been more correct. However, the snag was the wheels of government turning so slowly any lookinginto was near impossible to do. </nitpick>

:ph34r:

You, sir, continue to show both ignorance and lack of diplomatic skill, both unfortunate for a Prime Minister. The only motive in question was yours in blocking the correct course of action that was eventually taken, i.e. the apology. Executive summary: You don't like us; you never will. So STFU.

On topic, the question does remain: what actions will be taken for those in Taijitu who knowingly participated in this action?

Well, I support Taijitu's actions 100% and believe that the only reason why they haven't done this sooner is because their "democracy" allowed those who were political opposed to Taijitu and it’s forerunner to enter the government and essentially hijack the whole system. You people know who you are.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Which actions to you support 100%? Their invasion of RR? Or their summary of events?

Well, my Taijitu nation, Romanar, is just an ordinary Senator and can't speak for the region, but he thought it was a slick move, militarily. Surprisingly, I agree. :lol:

However, the political problems more than outweigh that. Taijitu isn't really a raiding region like the Den or the Wolves. It IS a democracy, and wars can be a political problem for any democracy.

This is more of a summary of events statement, a review of what we already know. I'm interested in what actions Taijitu intends to take against it's leadership for this invasion. All involved must take responsiblity for their actions.
Currently the Senate of Taijitu is voting to have Red Kagran(PoD Gunner) impeached from the Delegacy. Red Kagran(PoD Gunner) is at this moment only Delegate by title. The G Rebellion holds the Delagate seat. Taijitu will be starting elections Tuesday and Red Kagran(PoD Gunner) is not on the running. I will do my best to keep you updated as best as I can.

Thank You,

Korinna, Taijituan Deputy Minister of External Affairs

OOC: If it is at all possible could we not insult people here.

...their "democracy" allowed those who were political (sic) opposed to Taijitu...

Well, I have been in TAijitu since the begninning - one of the first non-lexiconians to be part of the region and part of the government.

One of the things that has impressed me abou thte region is that everyone there seems genuinely committed to the region and its well being and growth. I honestly cannot think of anyone over there who is politically opposed to Taijitu.

:ph34r:

You, sir, continue to show both ignorance and lack of diplomatic skill, both unfortunate for a Prime Minister. The only motive in question was yours in blocking the correct course of action that was eventually taken, i.e. the apology. Executive summary: You don't like us; you never will. So STFU.
hankytrolluf9.png

Just a suggestion, at this point, but could further bickering over this be taken out of the Taijitu consulate?

I know I was the first to bring this up, but it was supposed to be an aside point, not the opening gambit of a thread hijack.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Oh, and Moo cows, you are a guest here. You will not tell elected officials of this region to shut the fuck up. This is not a request, it is an administrator's requirement. Conduct yourself politely or not at all.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Upper Kirby, for the sake of calming this down, would you please remove the troll picture. Or at least give it a hankey.

If the representative from Taijitu would like any unrelated posts removed from the Consulate, you only have to ask.

Also to comment, the Supreme Court of Taijitu is in the process of conducting a hearing against those involved.

Hello, if you were not made aware to this news, I am sorry. This is my first time at this and it is a little confusing. I, Algerianbania, am the new Ambassador from Taijitu to TNP. I am really looking forward to joining in these awesome forums and to be a part of the extremely advanced government system that your region has. As I said before, this is my first time being an ambassador, so if you have any help to offer it would be very much appreciated. Now as a nice ice breaker I will post the regional reports. Yay!

The Taijitu Regional Report

yinyangsmalljr5.jpg

Taijitu Regional Report for end of July-August 2007.
Delegate: Sovereign Dixie
Vice Delegate: Flemingovia
Member Nations: 1,042

Greetings from Taijitu; Nationstates' Greatest Founder Region - Over 1,000 nations.

Introduction

Hello from Taijitu! Important developments since the last Regional Report with the newly elected Delegate, Sovereign Dixie.  Sovereign  Dixie will be using the same government structure that was set up in the last Delegacy. One new position has been appointed this term. TCM has been made General Advisor to the Executive. It is Sovereign Dixies’ hope that her experience will help guide the Ministers do their jobs more effectively.  I am sure many are still wondering what has been happening in Tajitu since The Rejected Realms Affair. It will be discussed further in this report.

Election News
Sovereign Dixie was elected into office in a landslide victory. His Vice Delegate was originally PoD Gunner(Red Kagran) until he resigned after The Rejected Realms Affair. Sovereign Dixie then appointed Flemingovia to be  run with him as his Vice Delegate. The Government structure  is as follows:

Minister of Internal Affairs - Gnoled Ttam
Deputy- TBA
Minister of External Affairs – Korinn(a)
Deputy-  Romanar
Minister of Regional Security - Saint Oz
Deputy: Meri
Minister of Community - Allama & Khablan
Deputy- TBA
Minister of Defense - Eluvatar
Deputies- Romanar and Of Crazed
Minister of Finance – Inglo-Scotia
Deputy- TBA
General Advisor to the Executive- The Crazy Monkeymen(Amy)

Senate Activity

Due to The Rejected Realms Affair, Senate activity saw a  number of proposals. A proposal to withdraw from The Rejected Realms came before the Senate, and was unanimously passed. A proposal to impeach Red Kagran(PoD Gunner) was put before the Senate, but failed to pass. The Senate believed that because the elections were so close and the fact that Red Kagran(PoD Gunner) was not  currently holding the delegacy, that it was unnecessary to impeach him. A proposal to remove Sovereign Dixie for all current posts in the government was also brought before the Senate. It failed to pass and Sovereign Dixie was able to keep his positions. The Senate did not believe he had involvement in the incident. Also in the Senate was a vote on  an Amendment to Article VI: The Rights of Citizens. This amendment was designed to prevent another forced moving of UN nations. It was passed almost unanimously.  An Amendment to Code of Laws; Article 3: Finance came before the Senate and was passed. A vote on an Amendment to Item VIII of Internal Procedures  came before the Senate and as unanimously passed.

Gallipoli-China came before a vote for removal due to inactivity, and was removed as a Senator.

The Senate is currently at 28 members.

The Ministry of External Affairs  took a hard hit because of The Rejected Realms Affair. Gatesville closed it’s embassy almost immediately after. NPO then decided to close it’s embassy in. After elections Equilism decided it could not have an embassy with a “raider” region. Taijitu tried to explain that we are a neutral region, but Equilism decided it was better to not have an embassy here, because of our ties with some raiders. Equilism also believed that Sovereign Dixie was involved in the affair. Gatesville later decided that our region was sorry for what happened and felt Sovereign Dixie was not involved in the incident.  A new embassy was opened for the region Europeia. The Rejected Realms also had an embassy opened here in Taijitu.

The Ministry of Defense is now led by Eluvatar and his Deputies Romanar and Of Crazed. They are hopeful about the Taijituan Army become larger and more active in NS.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs, now headed by Gnoled Ttam has been taking many applications for citizenship. We have many new citizens here in Taijitu.

The newly expanded Ministry of Community and Recruitment, now headed by Co-Ministers Allama and Khablan has been very busy. They have  greeted all new members of the forum, to help make their transition to the forum as easy as possible. They have setup a Help Desk to answer many of the questions people may have. They also setup a Guide to Taijitu with links to all the places one may need in the forum. Along with all of this they have also helped increase recruitment.

The Ministry of Finance now headed by Inglo-Scotia,  keeps the money system going in Taijitu. The Lottery will be restarted this month. Now it will be held twice a week instead of only once.

The Zocalo sub-forum was opened since the last report. The Zocalo is where the political parties main offices reside. The Party, The Taijituan Communist Party, and The Progressive Party all have offices there. The Zocalo is a home to Theta Pi Tai Taijitu’s fraternity house.  The Zocalo also hoses The Order of Gryphons Chapterhouse.

The Acropolis houses Taijitu’s religious groups. They are The Church of Pha, Zhou Hso Si,  The Order of Tengri, The United World Church, and The Medeist Acadamy.

Role Play

The Map sub-forum is where players are added to the map and where it can be viewed. This forum is led by St. Oz.

Role Play sub-forum is where General Role-Play, Treaty Conferences/Organizations, Embassies, National Statistics, News, RP Shops, and Silly RP are played out.  The Role-Play sub forum is led by Inglo-Scotia and Gallipoli-China.

The Out Of Character Discussions sub forum is for all discussions about Role-Play.

The Historical Based RP was recently created and The Great War can be found here. It is led by Inglo-Scotia and Gallipoli-China.

The Fantasy RP is for role-play in a fantasy setting. It includes All Thing D&D and The Planelock Campaign Setting.

Futuristic RP sub forum is led by Gallipoli-China, Bustos, and Talmann. Here there is Roleplay, Intergalactic Treaties, OOC Future RP, Intergalactic Statistics, Future RP-Shop, and Kaiju Roleplay.

Conclusion

Another busy and productive month for the region of Taijitu. Many new position were created to streamline the growing government. Many great things are on the horizon for Taijitu. Taijitu hopes to stregnthen it’s friendships with other regions and gain more in the future. We hope that our future will not be tainted by the mistake that was made by our former Delegate. He and the rest of Taijitu regret that it happened and would. Taijitu also wishes to show other regions that we are not just a raider region. We are a neutral nation who embrace all aspects of the game. We are based on a strong community and wish to show the bond we share with that community to other regions.

Nationstates region:Taijitu
Forum: http://forum.taijitu.org
IRC(Esper.net) #Taijitu

Report Written and Edited by Korinna

Check out the forum. Its pretty fun.

Our government is not as advanced as yours, but we are getting there. Though I must say, while RP is almost non-existent in TNP, it is booming in Taijitu, even though it is in a transitional phase. We are redoing the entire map and will start brand new. The change should be completely over within a few days.

I hang out in the general discussion forums. By what I have seen of your posting style, that is the place for you. Hope to see you there. ;)

I have one simple subject that I would like to talk about: Embassy Upgrade. I was reading the Code of Law and the part about upgrading to an embassy made about as much sense as my obsession with pandas. Now right now this upgrade is at the top of my agenda and I would like to get started on it ASAP.

Emergency Update!!​

Sovereign Dixie, the Delegate of Taijitu, has formally resigned for personal reasons. Vice-Delegate Flemingovia will fill in his position until the time of the next election. We are sorry to see SD go, but are confident that Flemingovia will perform admirably in his office.

-Algerianbania

I, on behalf of the Minister of External Affairs of Taijitu, request that a representative of the The North Pacific submit a formal statement concerning recent events involving the takeover the Delegate's position, on the forums of Taijitu.

-Algerianbania, Ambassador of Taijitu

Oh! There's so much going on! But duty calls.

The Taijitu Regional Report

yinyangsmalljr5.jpg

Taijitu Regional Report for end of September-October 2007.
Delegate: Flemingovia
Member Nations: 1,320

Greetings from Taijitu; Nationstates' Greatest Founder Region - Over 1,000 nations.

INTRODUCTION

It's been quite a busy time in our region.  Elections for Speaker of the Senate have completed, and we're now in the midst of Delegate election campaigns.  Our courtroom is being put to good use, and debates in the Senate have been most energetic.  Major overhauls have happened in the Ministry of Community and our IRC channel as well. 

UPCOMING DELEGATE ELECTION

It's that time again for Delegate elections in Taijitu!  Nominations have closed with a larger number of candidates to choose from than usual.  Our current Delegate, Flemingovia, declined his nomination, citing real life obligations that are likely to keep him too busy to give the position the attention that it deserves. 

Sovereign Dixie, our former regional Delegate, decided to step down back on September 13th, citing his reason as "for myself and the good of the region".  Dixie stated his intentions to leave the political scene and just concentrate on role playing from here on out.

Current candidates for Delegate are:
Pragmia
Libertarian Monarchy of Myroria
Korinn
St Oz
Solnath
Of the US

The Government structure  is as follows:
Minister of Internal Affairs - Gnoled Ttam
    Deputy - Tacolicious
Minister of External Affairs – Korinn(a)
    Deputy -  Romanar
Minister of Regional Security - The Crazy Monkeywoman (Amy)
    Deputy - none
Minister of Community - Allama & Khablan
    Deputy - none
Minister of Defense - Eluvatar
    Deputies - Romanar and Of Crazed
Minister of Finance – Inglo-Scotia
    Deputy - Myroria
General Advisor to the Executive - The Crazy Monkeywoman(Amy)

LEGISLATIVE BRANCH ACTIVITY

A new Speaker of the Senate was elected on October Congratulations to Gnoled Ttam!

Six Senators have been removed since our last Regional Update, and four Senators added to the roster, bringing the total number of current Senators to 26 members.

New Senators:  Akka Wakka, Towlie, Collatica, and Gallipoli-China

Our three major government documents are in the process of being streamlined, clarified, and modernized. 

The Code of Laws was also altered to remove the bit that forces the Ministry of Finance into permanent existence. It was considered unnecessary, because all of our other Ministries have existed all along without such legislation. Basically, this simply returns the Ministry's status to that of all other Ministries - existing at the discretion of the current Delegate.

The Constitution was altered to allow any Delegate who is also a Senator to have a vote in Senate proposals. Previously, the Delegate was only allowed to vote if there was a tie. The Delegate's tie-breaker vote was deemed unnecessary, since passage of a proposal requires majority agreement anyway.

Elections for the Speaker of the Senate will now take place every three months, instead of every four, and will occur immediately before the quarterly Delegate elections.

JUDICIARY ACTIVITY

The Supreme Court is finally putting those courtroom benches to use.  Currently underway is Taijitu vs. Govindia (also known as Ramaba in The West Pacific), the region's very first case to be brought before the court.  Govindia was recently put under forum restriction, and the reason given was that he is believed to be a risk to regional security.  Govindia is appealing that decision.

Representing Govindia:  Pragmia and Of the US
Representing Taijitu:  PoD Gunner

EXECUTIVE BRANCH ACTIVITY

Ministry of Defense:

Taijitu's Army conquered Warzone Africa! It was all part of a training exercise. Of Crazed, our Minister of Defense, apparently felt that too many cookies and too little exercise was making our troops a bit soft around the middle. It's important to keep our troops in shape.

Ministry of Finance:

Minister Inglo-Scotia has been hard at work designing images to represent our regional currency

Ministry of Community:

We've been doing a major overhaul of the Community Office and Information sections of the forum.  All informational threads and articles were moved into the Information section, and the Community Office is now home to all the news from inside and outside of the region.  A special News Flashes thread was christened for all the regional newsy tidbits as they happen.

In addition to that, we've added some brand new articles of a helpful and informative nature: 
Taijitu FAQ,
NationStates FAQ
Who Runs Taijitu - a list of all the powers that be
IRC for Beginners
Rules of the House for the Taijitu IRC Channel

Plans are currently underway for an inter-regional Chess Tourney.  To be announced soon!

AROUND THE CITY

New in the Zocalo:

Allama Fanclub!  It's an unofficial organization to celebrate the official hawtness of our beloved Allama, who is putting up with the rabid adoration of the hordes with her usual grace and aplomb.  Allama also serves the positions of Senator, co-Minister of Community, Ambassador to Europeia, and is a member of the Hospitaller branch of the Order of Gryphons.

And speaking of the Order of Gryphons, the Taijitu chapter now boasts 19 active member-knights.

Political Parties:  New on the scene is the Conservative Party, headed by Inglo-Scotia, and so far as a membership of four citizens. 

Other political parties include:
The Party, led by Solnath - 13 members
The Taijituan Communist Party, led by Gallipoli China - 8 members
The Progressive Party, led by Pragmia - 9 members

New Shops in the Bazaar:

There's a new game of chance! Fancy trying your luck? Check out Prosperous Pragmia's Preposterously Pleasing Pecuniary Prize Propagator

Orion is selling outdated Warmachines and Mech parts at Mech Outdate Sale in Orion

ROLE PLAY

It took a great effort on the part of our mapmaker, St Oz, but the old map has been thrown out and a completely new one created.  On the previous map, many nations had either gone inactive or were no longer interested in participating in RP, and they were hogging too much space that could have been put to better use.  With that many, it was decided that it was simpler and more efficient to make a new one from scratch.

Another major change in role playing occured when the moderators decided to take a back seat, adopting the rule that "if you don't like it, ignore it".  NS trackers were also dropped from role playing.

OTHER AREAS

IRC:

Due to a rash of bothersome incidents in recent times, new rules and procedures were implemented.  The number of channel moderators was greatly reduced as a temporary measure to help eliminate OPs-wars and abusive use of OPs.  Plans are already underway to begin giving OPs to more people again, now that the situation has stabilized, but the current rules will remain in effect.  See the New Rules of the House for the rules and a list of the current moderator hierarchy.

Forum Slowdowns:
The forum has been very slow to load at times recently, due to a problem on the host's end that is not under our control.  Plans have been made for our forum to be moved onto a different server at the same host, which should remedy the sluggishness problems.  No word on precisely when this will occur, but we are certainly all looking forward to it!

Nationstates region:Taijitu
Forum: http://forum.taijitu.org
IRC(Esper.net) #Taijitu

Report written by Khablan[

I, on behalf of the Minister of External Affairs of Taijitu, request that a representative of the The North Pacific submit a formal statement concerning recent events involving the takeover the Delegate's position, on the forums of Taijitu.

You are a representative of TNP, go ahead! :P

Back