FD - Posting Rights

As this is a new proposed procedure for the RA, it would need 50+1% to pass and though it's not required; I am holding quorum into account. Don't expect any votes until on or after the 28th.

Gaspo's Wording:
The right to post in the Regional Assembly subforum, and all subforums contained therein, is restricted to Regional Assembly members only, unless a non-RA member is specifically invited to post by the Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

Hmmm.

It's a three day vote and doesn't require a quorum as a procedural motion.
Grosse - Typo, I meant not necessary. But I want it there anyways should most people still be away from the holidays as it's a three day vote; would you prefer a vote begin on the day before Christmas Eve and end on Christmas day?

FL - yeah, no new subforums and all that just no posting access like how it is in the Cabinet Halls.

While I'm not opposed to restricting posting rights in any RA subforum or thread that deals with legislation to RA members, I am concerned that there really isn't any alternative that is being provided that will allow natives or others to make observaions or comments.
It isn't always a bad thing to permit some sort of "town hall" or "free speech" area for those who are not in the Regional Assembly. The way this proposal came about creates an impression of elitism that hopefully isn't intended. Having such a place adjacent to the Regional Assembly would show commitment to the constitutional principles of transparency and accountability.
For these reasons, I have voted to abstain on this proposal; if this concern had been addressed as part of this proposal, I would have had no problem voting for it.

Back